The Otherworld of Kelley Armstrong discussion

Women of the OtherWorld > The Werewolves ~The Pack~

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

i dont know about you guys. but my favourite species in the series has got to be the werewolves. i dont know why, maybe its the fact that the first book Bitten was about them. but every time theres a mention of werewolves whether its a mutt or pack memeber, my ears perk up. They just fascinate me with the way that kelley has portrayed them.

So who's your favourite Werewolf?

message 2: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex I think Jeremy is my favorite hes kind of mysterious in a way. I have to read men of the otherworld to know more about him.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

yh he is. there are many sides t him. there the alpha side to him, the kind lover side which we see in No humans involved and then thes that Kid in him which always longed to belong coz his dad Malcome was a total jerk.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

but i gotta say that i absolutly Love Nick. especially in his anthology Frame, that was good. Kelley should focus more on him like maybe introduce a new Woman of the otherworld who he can date (or mate with).

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie I with you on Nick, I absolutely love him.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

let us not forget about Antonio now. he is a really cool dad and brings humour to the pack. i especially love how he teases jeremy sometimes.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 83 comments Mod
Definitely. I really loved Antonio after reading Men of the Otherworld. An awesome and devoted friend of Jeremy who doesn't let him take himself too seriously.

message 8: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Sermeno (twitterpated) | 11 comments I've got a soft spot for Clay. But I really like Jeremey too. I like them even more after reading men of the otherworld. that was a great book.

message 9: by Lucille (new)

Lucille (lucillexxelias) | 36 comments it's sooo hard!
at first, I was allll for Clay, with Nick coming in a close second. But after reading about Hope and Karl in an anthology, and then again in Personal Demon, I'm kind of falling for him.

message 10: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ at first i hated clay. but then i read men of the otherworld and i liked him. but i always loved nick. ALWAYS. and jeremy is sooo awesome and mysterious, i love him too!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Jeremy Malcolm Edward Danvers!!! He is completely the best book character ever!! Jaime annoys me, I hate her!! Clay is a bleep, but I like him. Nick is awesome. Antonio is too. RIP Logan ,Peter, Dominic. Malcolm. Edward. Too many pack werewolves gone.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Kelly wrote: "I've got a soft spot for Clay. But I really like Jeremey too. I like them even more after reading men of the otherworld. that was a great book."

i agree its hard not to like clay. Jeremy is the best. I love him! Men of the Otherworld was AWESOME! better than any of women books i've read so far

message 13: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ airemy, i no u want to say somthin else. for those who dont no, jeremy is airemys man. they already got two children runnin round the house. that wuz just a fyi for u guys that didnt no.

message 14: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Angie wrote: "I with you on Nick, I absolutely love him."
honey, first of all, Nick is my man. dont mess. dont do it. we already got two children, just.... stop.

message 15: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ a day has passed and i still love nick.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Jeremy can do so much better than herpes-infested, used & abused, loud, obnoxious Jaime.

message 17: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ i agree wit u on that airemy. ewww, jaime. nuff said

message 18: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ ewwww, Jeremy can do better. and , honey, nick is mine. case closed

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Jaime sucks. she annoys me. jeremy can love plently more worthy folk than her. like me.

message 20: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ ditto. go on with ur bad self. cunt's r funi

message 21: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I agree with Erin, I'm glad Jeremy has someone. I wasn't too sure how well Jaime would work with Jeremy, but the more I read about them together (especially in Men of the Otherworld) the more I like them together. He deserves someone who he can relax with.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Amanda wrote: "I agree with Erin, I'm glad Jeremy has someone. I wasn't too sure how well Jaime would work with Jeremy, but the more I read about them together (especially in Men of the Otherworld) the more I li..."

well, i think jeremy can still do much better.

message 23: by Lucille (new)

Lucille (lucillexxelias) | 36 comments i dunno, i kind of like Jaime and Jeremy. I like how Kelley is mixing up all of the species. like, werewolf with demon. werewolf with necromancer. witch with sorcerer etc.
I wonder what would happen if Jaime got pregnent....

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Lucille wrote: "i dunno, i kind of like Jaime and Jeremy. I like how Kelley is mixing up all of the species. like, werewolf with demon. werewolf with necromancer. witch with sorcerer etc.
I wonder what would hap..."

oh please dont say that!!! ugh i feel like kelley just three jaime and jeremy together...i dont like how he's changed at all. in men of the otherworld he just seemed...different with jaime. and not in a good way. i do like how she's mixing them up, but still.

message 25: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 15 comments My favourite werewolf is Jeremy but I can't wait to see how the twins are when they are older.

message 26: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Erin wrote: "Thanks, Amanda. 'Sides we all deserve to be with someone who understands us. And given the genes he's been "privilaged" with, he needs someone who no only understands what he sees and feels, but ..."

ummm, ok.

message 27: by ♥Jenny♥ (new)

♥Jenny♥ Wendy wrote: "My favourite werewolf is Jeremy but I can't wait to see how the twins are when they are older."

I think that thats ok. He is pretty cool. Idk what to say about the twins. Their parents are...... idk. I agree, i want to see how they turn out.

message 28: by Stella (new)

Stella (stella_exlibris) | 11 comments Sarah, maybe the reason for why the Pack and the werewolves have a special place in your heart is because you see these supernatural creatures as a family, they all share a very strong bond: either parent-kid, or lover, or friend bond, while the other species are more of lone wolves (how ironic ;-) ): the vampires roam alone, the witches though they have the coven, we haven't seen any close relationship in the books narrated by Paige, so for me it is this warm family setting that endears the Pack to me. That they unconditionally love and they are ready to die protecting each other.

I think Jeremy is a great father figure, so calm, steady, oozes security and stability.

I love Clay's 'one mate for life' way of thinking (I was swooning when I read that he wore his wedding ring for 15 years even when Elena left him!) and determinedness when it comes to Elena, and how grateful he is to Jeremy, and that he is ready to lay down his life for Jeremy or Elena.

I love Nick's warm and cuddly character, he always makes me smile :-) I agree, I would love to read more about Nick and have him see find love and a mate too!

I'm so sorry Logan died, I loved his character! It was so nice to have Elena share such a close boretherlike friendship with someone :-(

message 29: by Mariah (new)

Mariah  | 19 comments I would have to agree with Sara on that one, Love the pack! But I think they're the easiest to like, I mean there's soo many of them you kno. And like Stella mentioned they're a big family that protects every member with their own lives. But I would have to say that Hope Adams is growing on me. She has allot of potential, especially since she's young, same with Savanna, Kelley can keep their characters around allot longer. I also think that the Cabals are going to have a change soon, with Benico incorporating new ideas, and Sean being such a good guy, I feel that the cabals will be more involved in the Greater Good of the Supernatural World!

message 30: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9 comments I definitely agree, the werewolves are my favorite species. And I think Stella is right, part of the reason I love them so much is how devoted they are to one another, they would literally lay down their lives for one another. They can go on their own separate ways for even years at a time - like when Elena 'left' the pack to find herself in Bitten and they still expected her to help them when they needed her and she did. I have to say I love all of the pack members for different reasons, but my favorite is definitely Elena. I know that might sound cheesy to you all, but I really relate to her. I loved all the angst she went through in Bitten because she was trying to decide how and where she fit into the world...

Jeremy is amazing because he really knows and understands his pack. He knows what each individual needs, their strengths and weaknesses and he doesn't use this knowledge in a manipulative manner. I have to say that I am really happy that he and Jamie have gotten together. He was too much of a loner, he took care of everyone else's needs and desires but he never really let anyone in the way he lets Jamie in. Not that he really could allow his pack to see those sides of him.

I love the duality of Clay. He is the strong brute that protects his alpha with everything he's got, but at the same time he is the tender lover that doggedly waits for Elena to come around to her 'senses'. It really made my heart flutter when I found out that he wore his wedding band for 15 years before she finally decided that he really was the one for her.... though I have to say... man move on Clay. And I love that he is an anthropology professor with a pHd. Normally the brutes don't come with looks, charm, strength and brains!

And of course I love Nick and Antonio, though I haven't read the Men of the Otherworld yet... I really wish that Nick would find a mate, but for now I am happy that their house has become the 'halfway house for wayward werewolves' ... I think that should keep them both busy for awhile. Though I would love to see Antonio as a grandfather!

message 31: by valee (new)

valee I loved the pack since book 1. I really like how they were described since the beginning. Being a close pack, living away from the rest of the world and only confronting the wolves that have gone nuts.

I do believe they should get some new members though, a small pack is nice but not so small.

Clay is my fav, I adore him, I love that he's more wolf than man most of the time. But I do love Jeremy too! But if I have to choose one it would be Clay, he's too hot!

message 32: by Chelly (new)

Chelly (teamderek13) | 12 comments Oh I agree- Clay is a god!! But I love the more sexual side of Jeremy we see in No Humans Involved- I had to keep re-reading things going, "was that really Jeremy?!" And I love Karl (he's so good to Hope, I love it!)...but I agree with everyone that the "pack-relationship" just sucks me in and makes me smile...

But my favorite werewolf will always be Derek from the Darkest Powers series :}

message 33: by valee (new)

valee I have to read that series...

Stephanie (Bookfever) (bookfever) Without a doubt CLAY <3 ^^

message 35: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 4 comments Werewolves have been my favorite since my grandma took me to see the old film, the Wolf man, back when I was a kid, in one of those retro theaters. That love grew when I read Donna Boyd's The Passion and then The Promise.
Then I found Kelley's Bitten and fell in love with a whole new group of charathers. Their little pack has become like well known friends to me and I'm excited about reading all their old and new adventures to read or re-read again and again.

message 36: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 4 comments Oh! I also forgot I can't choose a favorite one of them. I love them all to much! BUT if they were real people I could see myself go for Nick or Clay.

message 37: by Florentine (new)

Florentine | 2 comments CLAY.. CLAY.. Clay...

message 38: by TheLoupGaroux (new)

TheLoupGaroux (bookbites) | 8 comments Logan & Katherine Danvers are my favorites. I hope in a few years we can read about these two as late teenagers/young adults. I love the idea of full blood werewolves, and the potential enhancements. I imagine these two will have all the witty banter that their parents have with each other! :)

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Luv all the wolves every last one they're adorable but if I had to pick a favorite it would b Jeremy...clay...nick...Logan...Antonio ye no favorites