European Royalty discussion

Other Discussions > anyone know about these?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi people!I want to know your opinion about the following books. Actually I'm gonna order them but since they are quite expenxive and make up for more than half of my monthly allowance, i want to be sure that they are good. Thanxxxxxx!

The Courts of Love: The Story of Eleanor of Aquitaine by Jean Plaidy

Imperium: A Novel Of Ancient Rome by Robert Harris

The Alchemist's Daughter by Katharine McMahon (not to be confused with Eileen Kernaghan's novel)

message 2: by Robin (new)

Robin | 298 comments I read "The Courts of Love." It was my first Plaidy book and I really enjoyed it.

message 3: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Moody | 544 comments I've also read The Courts of Love.
It was a good read, though I personally preferred Eleanor the Queen by Norah Lofts. I love Eleanor and I'm dying to read Penman Sharon Kay trilogy about her.

I've looked at The Alchemist's Daughter at the bookstore, it looks good. Haven't looked at the other.

Are these books not in libraries where you are?

message 4: by Donna (new)

Donna | 19 comments I haven't read Imperium but I have read 2 other books by Robert Harris, Pompeii and Enigma and both were very good. My husband and daughter did like Imperium.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Mandy wrote: "I've also read The Courts of Love.
It was a good read, though I personally preferred [b:Eleanor the Queen|426490|Eleanor the Queen|Norah Lofts|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1174......"

no i dont have a proper liberary.they are available on a website which is probably the only one shipping in pakistan free of cost.but they are like really expensive books so i want to be sure before ordering them

message 6: by Tanzanite (new)

Tanzanite | 76 comments I wasn't too fond of The Courts of Love - there was something about the first person narration that I just didn't like. Plaidy also covers Eleanor in The Plantagenet Prelude and The Revolt of the Eaglets which I liked better.