Historical Romance discussion

Just joined...Love historicals

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Sorensen (Laurie_Sorensen) | 3 comments Hello everyone.

I just joined this group and this site, I am loving this site more and more over the short time I have been here. I love to read historical as well as write them. My first historical romance was released in August by Light Sword Publishing and is entitled Ravenwood: Night's Salvation, you can read excerpts and the back of the book blurb on my profile under the my works section. I have just finished reading an awesome historical by Monica McCarty called Highlander Untamed, and I must say this is is a 5 star book...and I can't wait til this evening when I can start on the second one in the series. Hope to get to know all of you better.

Laurie Sorensen

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 9 comments My first Garwood was "The Prize", and it is a close second to my Garwood favortite, "Ransom". Have you read those ones?

Which of Quinn's and Kleypas's are your fav's so far?

Laurie- I will be looking up your book soon, see if I can find it in my local places.

message 3: by Jane (new)

Jane | 2 comments If you like Kleypas, Quinn, and McNaught, you'll also love Laura Lee Gurhke and Penelope Williamson's historicals. Williamson does not write romance anymore, but if you can find her older stuff, I guarentee you'll love 'em. (Sorry if this is a double post, but I hit something on my keyboard and my message disappeared)! I've written historicals and contemporaries, and my heart is definitely with historicals, which I've happily returned to after a few years. For me, conflicts are much more believable, and you can have so much more fun with them! Maybe men back then weren't as honorable and wonderful as our books paint them, but we can dream, can't we?

Welcome to the wonderful world of historicals!

Jane Goodger
Marry Christmas, Oct. '08