Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2009 Challenge Archive > PC#4: Butch

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (last edited Apr 19, 2009 09:45AM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Our new Photo Challenge character is Butch O'Neal from JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood. His book is Lover Revealed, #4 in the series.

Height 6'7
Weight: 260 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel

This is how JR Ward describes him:

"Butch is not as a big, but compared to other human men, he’s heavy duty. He’s about six feet two and his shoulders are very broad... and they’ve gotten even broader since I first met him, as if he’s been lifting weights with the brothers or something. He’s got hazel eyes and a nose that’s been broken a couple of times and brown hair. His attitude is cocky and self-confident, but it’s not offensive because you sense he can back it up and then some. And he obviously likes women. Not in a skivvy way or anything; he’s not an ogler."

His first appearance in Dark Lover:

"Hard-ass was a lot of man. Big body, deep voice, attitude to spare. She supposed a lot of women must be attracted to him, because God knew he was a looker in that rough, tough kind of way."

From Marissa's point of view:

"Looking deeply into his hazel eyes, she stroked back his thick, dark hair. Then traced his eyebrows with her thubms. Ran a fingertip down his bumpy, broken-too-many-times nose. Tapped lightly on his chipped tooth.

"Kind of battle-worn, aren't I?"

message 2: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (last edited Apr 19, 2009 09:51AM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments I'm going to start with the Warden's official choice.

Here doing his "clotheshorse" routine...

One more...

Off to go and find more Butch wannabes...

message 3: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Not bad so far:)::can see why the warden likes this one:):: need my defribulator already Ha Ha::

message 4: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Yum! Booth!

David Boreanaz is just so cute on TV, and he's one of those guys that look even better as they age! So unfair!!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Oh yeah, he's great! I love this:
Photobucket

Anyway, yeah, I can totally see him as Butch. No wonder the WARDen likes him.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

i Love David Boreanaz he is my Butch and so much more hehe... i loved him as Angel... :) mmmmm never missed an episode.... :)

message 7: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (last edited Apr 19, 2009 03:30PM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments I know he is not David..LOL..but can you see him as a possible Butch?

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Mark Wahlberg is more Butch to me than David, even if David is Ward's pic. DB has kind of a higher pitched voice, and she always made such a point of describing Butch's husky voice.
I know that doesn't really matter in a picture, but for some reason DB doesnt' do it for me. (Butch-wise, that is.)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish It's interesting that the second MW pic does remind me of Butch, but not the first.

message 10: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Uniquely Moi wrote: "It's interesting that the second MW pic does remind me of Butch, but not the first."

Hahhahah!!! Uniquely Moi, I think it might have something to do with that naked chest thing....

::giggles stupidly::

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) Ooh, I like Mark Wahlberg for Butch. I'd always heard the David Boreanaz suggestion, and while I loved him in Buffy - he always seemed a bit to much of a pretty boy for him.

message 12: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne i googled DB last night a found loads of pics::pics that don't look like Butch::whilst my initial thought was oh yay after seeing his other pics its now oh noooo::if i'd only seen him in the bath this might not have happened as that pic is scrummy::i'm trying to think of other butch *imposters* but altho the faces are there i don't know the names::not much help am i :}::

message 13: by Kasia (last edited Apr 20, 2009 05:14AM) (new)

Kasia how about some dude in sweats Bruce Willis (I take the previous guy back)

message 14: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne i can't see him:( ::will look back to find out how to::Joe Calzaghe::UK boxer::with his clothes on:: makes quite a good Butch::problem is i don't know how to pull him::if you google him all you get is a lot of *bloody* boxing pics::

message 15: by Kasia (last edited Apr 20, 2009 05:13AM) (new)

Kasia Or:

message 16: by Jess (new)

Jess I think Jason Statham fits my mental picture of Butch better than the others. Just minus the accent lol

message 17: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Two good choices, Kasia. I was also looking into these two guys as possible candidates.

message 18: by Kasia (new)

Kasia or...

message 19: by Wendy (last edited Apr 20, 2009 06:26AM) (new)

Wendy  (wendyhill) How about Colin Farrell? Butch is an Irish lad. I can see David B. or Mark W. as Butch. The others so far not so much.

http://photobucket.com/images/colin%2...

or

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n2...

message 20: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Hehe.... Yum!

message 21: by Auntee (new)

Auntee | 13 comments Hard to beat that bathtub pic of David Boreanaz, but I've always imagined Butch as looking more like Mark Wahlberg (the second picture, of course).:)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I also like Mark Wahlberg as Butch, but Jason Statham looks good too.

message 23: by Kasia (new)

Kasia And I just put the Butch poll up http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/13....
Enjoy.