Literature & Film discussion

Memoirs Of A Geisha

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bree (new)

Bree (coffeebeanbookshelf) Has anyone here read the book and watched the movie? What did you think?

I read the book after putting it off for a really long time (was afraid that it wasn't as good as it was hyped up to be) and LOVED it.

Now I don't know whether to watch the movie or skip it...

message 2: by Alison (new)

Alison Hi Bree. I read the book about ten? years ago. And I haven't seen the movie. So I'm not much help. It didn't look like a total waste of time to me, though. It looked very pretty visually from the previews.

message 3: by Arctic (new)

Arctic I've seen the movie but haven't read the book, partially because I wasn't very impressed by the movie, though numerous people have recommended the book to me, saying it's much much better than the movie. so there ya go, for what it's worth.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) The book is a lot better than the movie, but I think the movie is worth watching because it's so beautifully filmed.

message 5: by Kimley (new)

Kimley | 201 comments Mod
Welcome to the group Bree!

I read the book and saw the film - ditto what Sarah says.

I thought the film was pretty boring and took itself way too seriously whereas the book was a fun, catty romp.

But as Sarah says the film is stunning to watch so if beautiful visuals make you happy (as they do me), it's worth checking out.