Flight 815-ers Unite discussion

The Lost Books We've Read > Evil Under the Sun

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Luann (new)

Luann (azbookgal) | 97 comments The Lost connections given for Evil Under the Sun at Lostpedia are:

"This is one of the novels that Sawyer reads on the Island. He is seen reading it when he is approached by Nikki in "Exposé." Nikki, taken for dead, is unwittingly buried alive, connecting the book's theme to events in the episode in which it appears. Also a member of the mercenary team, Redfern shares a name with a central character from the novel Patrick Redfern."

So not a huge connection, really, except for the fact that Sawyer is seen reading it. I also think the great misdirection and false clues included in this story can be related to the Exposé episode - and much of what happens on Lost as well. I think we won't know until we get to the very end of Lost how much we've been misdirected by certain events. Just one example - are all of the flashbacks from earlier seasons actually flashbacks? I think some of them will prove to be flash-fowards and we just didn't know it!

Has anyone else read it and, if so, can you think of any other connections?

message 2: by Lorena (new)

Lorena (lorenalilian) | 148 comments Oops, I asked you about the connections on another thread ... please disregard. ;o)

message 3: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 880 comments Mod
really Luann, you think all the flashbacks we've seen are actually flashforwards? I mean, ok... In a sense, they would be now since they are in the past....

That is an interesting take.

message 4: by Luann (last edited Apr 19, 2009 12:54AM) (new)

Luann (azbookgal) | 97 comments I don't think they ALL are. Just some of them.

Edit: I'm really hoping that when they are all through, they put out a DVD set that allows you to watch all the bits and pieces of Lost in chronological order. I think it would be fascinating to watch.

message 5: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 880 comments Mod
awwww.. that would be a great idea.