Fantasy/fiction discussion

Bye.Bye. Mr. Herriott!! (The Man)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

Tabby Ashley Nikkole Boyce (tibby_nikkole) | 286 comments Mod
hey everybody. Mr. Roger Herriott will no longer be our student teacher and we all know that draws heavily through straw. we havent even completly finished caesar. We never got to say Goodbye... so here goes:
Mr. Herriott, we all liked you personally and loved you as a teacher, w/e unfair has been done to you, i hope that your dreams go on. my hopes are that you still become the teacher you know you can be. Use whatever mistakes you made to make you a better teacher. i really know you can make it... thank you for these awsome months of being your students

Ppl you had bttr comment b/c you all love him...(professionally speaking)

message 2: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) Hey i only talked to him twice or so but he seemed like a fun type of teacher. Me and idr who was talking to him in the lunch line about books.
It sucks that he has to go. Our school doesnt know what there doing. Doing that to a great teacher. Sorry to see you go. I hope you still become a teacher. You seemed like a really fun person to be a teacher. (no offense) besides Dr. Baltz and Mr. Difani all my teacher were too strict, but you seemed like a cool guy.

Sending my regards and Hope you can become what you want!!!

message 3: by Roger (new)

Roger Thanks guys.

I will miss each and every one of you at Pocahontas High School. I'm sorry my stay was cut short, but I will still miss you guys. You all made my stay so awesome and, in some cases, tasking, but, nonetheless, I will miss you. Even if I didn't have you in class, I still miss you. I loved interacting with you in the halls and it made my day, no lie.

For my students:

I love all of you guys. I never regretted getting up early and driving 45 minutes to come see you all. I admit I was half-asleep sometimes, but hey, we made it work. You all made my stay so totally worth it and I want each of you to know I want you to succeed in not only in school, but in life. I want you to remember me for being a teacher. If you ever need advice on something or, just someone to talk to, then you can come to me. Oh yeah, Julius Caesar was a blast, even though it probably bored some of you to tears lol. Even if I didn't for some of you, I'm glad I could make a difference for those few. You guys were the best class a teacher can ask for and I want to wish you guys luck in the future. Keep in touch.

Your student teacher,

Roger Herriott, a.k.a. Mr. Herriott (The Man)

message 4: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) I love that about you Mr. Herriott. you interact with us. you dont just go. "hey" and walk off like a bunch of teachers would. ^_^

message 5: by Randa (new)

Randa (crzy_chick) | 375 comments bye mr. herriott,
i dont rlly know u but it is sad that u are leaving i wish i got to kno u better....=)

message 6: by Roger (new)

Roger Well I love each and every one of you. I want you all to do well. Keep reading. Never stop.

message 7: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) Obiviously keep reading. lol.

message 8: by Roger (new)

Roger Yes. Keep reading and study hard. Do well in college and don't ever eat yellow snow.

message 9: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) i wish you would have told me not to eat yellow snow when it snowed. crap. lol. and studying... um..... well ill try. i do good with out it tho. and college. Im going to Texas' College for Massage. ^_^

Patrick *Fallen Angel* dang mr. herriott it sucks that you had to go you were one of my favorite teachers and ceasar was awsome it wasn't your fault it was the students who shouldn't even be there in the first place you were an awsome teacher and most likely become one at another school hopefull but to tell you the truth all these people talking about are sounding like we are at your funeral lol and don't worry me and renie will contiue our out bursts in class in your honor and to just p**s off the preps

message 11: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) (I see you got your computer working Pat)

And i will keep stealing Dr. Baltz's books in your name. lol.

Patrick *Fallen Angel* (no im at the desk top my lap top is still being pretty gay)

message 13: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) oh i forgot.
YOU'VE READ A LOT OF BOOKS!!!
lol. im going to go threw your books later and see if i cant find some that interest me. or if you have any suggestions on the best ones. id appreciate that too. ^_^

message 14: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) (nice comment haha.)
hey patrick you should go to the group i made and be my evil partner. ^_^

message 15: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

Roger wrote: "Well I love each and every one of you. I want you all to do well. Keep reading. Never stop. "

okay i promise

message 16: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

Patrick wrote: "dang mr. herriott it sucks that you had to go you were one of my favorite teachers and ceasar was awsome it wasn't your fault it was the students who shouldn't even be there in the first place you ..."

and tabby will save it for later

message 17: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

wow, completly funeralish. lol. i have to go, i wont stop reading...

message 18: by Roger (new)

Roger Go through the books I have read at school and read them

message 19: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

alright. lol. that will be great...

message 20: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) Hey mr. Herriott what did you think of the Left Behind series as a whole? personally my favorite book in that series was the last book: Kingdom Come

message 21: by Roger (new)

Roger I thought they were alright. I liked the ones Before They Were Left Behind. It's like a 3 book mini series that occurs before the actual left behind books. I liked The Rising. That book and The Mark. Kingdom Come was alright.

message 22: by Roger (new)

Roger Also Tommie, I suggest reading the Scott Lynch books. You won't be disappointed.

message 23: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) i didnt know there were books before that. i gonna have to look into that. thanks. and ill look up Scott Lynch. Hey, Lynch was the name of my fav. science teacher in the 8th grade. lol. Thanks bunches.

message 24: by Roger (new)

Roger Scott Lynch is like the best Fantasy Author emerging right now. He is about to overtake Gene Wolf. I promise.

message 25: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) Gene Wolf? im guessing i should look her up too?

message 26: by Roger (new)

Roger It's a guy

message 27: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) my bads. lol. But the name sounds familiar. i think i have read, maybe, a book from him...... ill look into it and tell ya what i find out, if i find anything....

message 28: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

hey i loved left behind. those are the series about the end of the world right? they have an adult series and a left behind for kids. lol miss you already kid.(mr.herriott)

message 29: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) yeah where god comes back to earth to rein for a thousand years.

message 30: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

huh? you mean the devil comes to rein for 7 yr?

message 31: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) well that happens first. but at the end god comes back to rein for a 1000 years. but there are still people who worship TOL (the other light) which is where people think that the Devil is god.

message 32: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

yeah. lol. if you have n.e of those books i would deff like to read them i havent read em in like. well since b4 that house fire

message 33: by Roger (new)

Roger I have 3 of them. The Rising, Left Behind, Kingdom Come, and Glorious Appearing. I already miss all of you guys, including you tabby.

message 34: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

yay. but dangit. i would have totally borrowed those 4m you && now i will probably not even see you

message 35: by Roger (new)

Roger I can probably mail them to you.

message 36: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) ummm.... well your math is off. that was 4 books. lol. i love long series. that is what caught my attention to them.

Patrick *Fallen Angel* if you want the series my mom has all of them

message 38: by Roger (new)

Roger they are excellent books really. I suggest reading the ones Before they were left behind though.

message 39: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

yup. my mom used to have them too. me and my sister got left behind for kids. *patrick* i want the 1st just tell lorretta tabby wants one.

message 40: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) haha. it took me two years to finish them all. Cause i quite with assassin. and didnt get back into the series till a year and a half later. then another half a year because i was alternating between that series and a couple of others.

message 41: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

lol.

message 42: by Roger (new)

Roger About to start Acheron. I read Angels & Demons in a day (for the second time), then I read the Dream Hunter book by Sherrilyn Kenyon last night.

message 43: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) Which dream hunter book? and tell me how Acheron was. I was tempted to read Angels & Demons i just havent yet.

message 44: by Roger (new)

Roger Dream Warrior. It was alright. I have officially started Acheron. It's ok to start out. Angels & Demons is a really good book. I hope it's a good movie...

message 45: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

reading velocity. may take a break to read the black book of secrets... idk...

message 46: by Roger (new)

Roger Read The Lies of Locke Lamora

message 47: by Tabby Ashley Nikkole, I.Love.J.L! (new)

lol, okay but i am reading Night, the black book of secrets and velocity.

message 48: by Roger (new)

Roger well after you get finished with Night.

message 49: by Tommie (new)

Tommie (tommiewolfe) Night? whats that about?

message 50: by Randa (new)

Randa (crzy_chick) | 375 comments the holocaust, the book is written elie wiesel i believe, he lived through concentration camps...its a good book i have read it twice.

« previous 1