Harry Potter Super Freaks discussion

HP MOVIES

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

IN YOUR OPINION, WHAT ARE THE MOVIES LIKE COMPARED TO THE BOOKS?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

PERSONALLY I THINK THEY LEAVE TOO MUCH OUT IN THE MOVIES THAT IS VITAL IN THE BOOK'S PLOT LINE.

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 91 comments Mod
i have to agree with anna, while the movies are good
(mainly because they were harry potter) the movies do not hold a candle up to the books.

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) The first couple of movies were fine for me, but then after that they just became disappointing. The 5th movie was especially disappointing. They left out a lot of good and important scenes in that movie. For example the part where Harry gets kicked off the quidditch team and then Ron becomes the new seeker of the Gryffindor Quidditch team and wins the cup. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is suppose to come out in theatres this November. A part of me is excited to see it and a part of me is like why bother, they will probably leave out a lot of the scenes.

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (ophelia17) | 10 comments i liked the first two because they actually were somewhat like the books, but then they got a new director and the third, 4th and 5th were a disapointment. like they left out all the wormtail, padfoot, prongs, mooney part and the 1st atsk was really bad. i liked the 5th a little better because the book was a tad boring at some parts and the movie left out the superfulous stuff.

message 6: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 19 comments I like the movies because they're harry potter, but they leave out too many details. They totally killed the 5th movie. The 1st and 2nd followed the plot the best though.

message 7: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (dwell_ondreams) I do enjoy the movies, but they leave to much out, especially OOTP. If I hadn't read the book, I wouldn't have known really WHY this stuff was happening.

message 8: by Bronwyn (new)

Bronwyn (brownie789) | 28 comments i felt that way about both OOTP and GOF. my friends who hadn't read the books were CONSTANTLY saying "who is that" orm "Why/where/how did that happen? ect...

message 9: by Bronwyn (new)

Bronwyn (brownie789) | 28 comments And by the way Ashely, didn't Ginny become the new seeker?

just wondering

message 10: by Katherine (new)

well the reason the movies got worse is because Christopher Columbus (the director of the first two) quit. he had jk on set and asked her ?'s and stuff like that. the director after that ha dent even read any of the books!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Yea..the movies leave stuff out.

message 12: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 12 comments The movies change everything (alot of stuff) & r WAY to short! I heard that in the 7th movie they were making it into two movies! That would be cool! That way they might be able to fit everything in!

message 13: by Katherine (new)

when is it coming out again? i am super exiting because even though they leave a lot out they are still harry potter thus better than a lot of the other crap out there.
btw they said they were going to make two mobies out of the 4th too but they diden't

message 14: by Madisen (new)

Madisen | 12 comments well it may have been a money thing................. Oh, My friend, shook Alan Rickman's (AKA Snape) hand when she was in London. And My parents also went to Kings Cross Station when they were filming the 2nd one.

message 15: by Madisen (new)

Madisen | 12 comments well, that MAY mean they are putting more details in it..................... But yes, WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

message 16: by Madisen (new)

Madisen | 12 comments true

message 17: by Madisen (new)

Madisen | 12 comments yeah

message 18: by Olebabe07 (new)

Olebabe07 | 37 comments WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omgosh that is the worst news ive had for a long time!!!!!

message 19: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 12 comments The books r WAY better than the movie unlike the Lord of the Ring series which i couldn't even read the books cuz they were so boring while the movie was awesome! The movies leave WAY to much out and change it to how they want it! Still, I LOVE seeing the movies and i DONT want the movie to come out later! U should've seen me searching EVERYWHERE for a trailer! I want to watch the movie! It is so unfair! It should totally come out really soon! November like it was before! This is going to dissappoint MANY fans!

message 20: by Olebabe07 (new)

Olebabe07 | 37 comments you cant find the trailer?..... here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpCPvH...

message 21: by Katherine (new)

lord of the rings rocked! the books that is. i am ok with the movie moving i mean we have already read the book so who cares when it comes out it will in time.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

i'm not a big fan of the lord of the rings. I have friend who really likes it

message 23: by Katherine (new)

they were not the easiest read, but i finished them. in third grade too!

message 24: by Insane_lover (new)

Insane_lover i heard that #6 is going to be in 2 parts so that way they can do most of the scenes....

message 25: by Olebabe07 (new)

Olebabe07 | 37 comments i didnt hear that!!!

message 26: by Katherine (new)

i highly doubt that, they said it about the 4th too.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I watched the first three movies before I read any of the books, so... But the 5th really wasn't anything like the book! I didn't remember that about the Quidditch, but i remember i liked that now! I heart Ron!!!
I'm disappointed about the movies, though, because the guy who plays Harry is becoming a worse and worse actor!!! It really makes me sad... :(

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

O and I didn't hear that about the 6th but i heard it about the 7th. I also heard it about the 4th, though, so...

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 20 comments HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HOLLOWS PART 1 COMES OUT TWO DAYS AFTER MY B-DAY.

message 30: by Moe (new)

Moe Corbett (Moe123) | 9 comments whens ur b-day?
books are better :P

message 31: by Moe (new)

Moe Corbett (Moe123) | 9 comments Insane_lover wrote: "i heard that #6 is going to be in 2 parts so that way they can do most of the scenes...."

#7 i think

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 20 comments My birthday is Nov. 17 and the Deathly Hollows part 1 is on the 19th. Yes, the books are better. And it's the 7th, the Deathly Hollows, that's being made into a movie.

Nicole aka Sparkles aka Lizzie :D (lizzynette) | 11 comments They better stop it at a good part or i;m gonna be reallyyyy upset :/ i'm already really sad that its almost over :'(

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 20 comments Me too. I've seen every single movie in theader since the second, I own every book, I know the actors names of almost main charater. I was in love with Daniale Radcliff (Harry) for the longest time. I just love anything to do with Harry Potter.

Nicole aka Sparkles aka Lizzie :D (lizzynette) | 11 comments oh wow haha yea i was excited cuz i just got the series for christmas haha

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 20 comments I have two copys of...a cople of them

Nicole aka Sparkles aka Lizzie :D (lizzynette) | 11 comments oooh. why two copies? lol

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 20 comments Either wrong cover or it wasn't hard or soft back...or it fell apart because of mass production

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 20 comments Yeah, my dad got me the last one as a birthday present and in started falling apart, I resently bought another copy.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

there movies, not the books. That means they'll never be as good as they should be, but as far as movies go, they do a good job. I just enjoy what they give us to enjoy! I'm one of those people who like to spend their weekends watching an HP marathon on ABC Family whenever they show them!

message 44: by Lea (new)

Lea (londoninmymind) | 9 comments The movies do a good job at keeping hardcore fans (myself included) going, even 3 and a half years after the last book came out, so it's very exciting every time you get to watch first set photos and clips. And they almost do the books justice. But that is just because those books just can't be outdone (in my opinion, anyways)!

message 45: by Abby (new)

Abby i think that in movies 1-6 they left out to much from the books but in the 7th movie they put like everything in the movie right!

PyroLily ~Qui scribit bis legit~ (pyrolily) | 20 comments I couldn't remember anything from the book so when the movie ended everything came rushing back and I was like "OH!! They still have so much to do."

Can I just coma until the week before the movie?