Zombies! discussion

Movies and TV > Zombies are DEAD...

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fredstrong (new)

Fredstrong | 36 comments The 28 days/weeks later flicks were a pretty original take. Both in their idea, and the way they were shot. And Shaun of the Dead did rock!

message 2: by Brandon (new)

Brandon | 34 comments Mod
I still am holding out hope as Miner directed Friday the 13th 2 and 3, and produced Last House on the Left

message 3: by Cookie (new)

Cookie (cookie_beck) | 36 comments I just watched the trailer and as much as I want to hold out hope, it looks pretty bad. I actually really liked the Dawn of the Dead remake, because I didn't compare it to the original.

However, Day of the Dead is the ONE zombie movie that scared me so much as a kid that I still cannot watch it to this day. I can't imagine going to see a remake WITH NICK CANNON.

It makes my heart sad.

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) I thought the remake to Dawn of the Dead was a great movie! It could easily have been just another zombie movie, and not one related to the series.

message 5: by Dr. Evil (new)

Dr. Evil (jake) | 11 comments The newer Dawn of the Dead movie was my favorite zombie movie so far.shaun of the dead was also really funny.

message 6: by Thee_ron_clark (new)

Thee_ron_clark | 48 comments Shaun of the Dead is far from being the only original film since Day of the Dead. Please, we could begin with independent cinema and say that Come Get Some!, Day X, Siege of the Dead, Midnight Skater, and too many other independent films to mention have introduced new and innovative ideas to the sub-genre. Sure, some of them might be bad but they certainly aren't micro budget copies of the Romero series. On the big screen, films like Night of the Creeps, Slither, and oh I don't know... maybe Return of the Living Dead (as well as others)have been creative in their take on the epidemic or zombies in general.

message 7: by Cookie (new)

Cookie (cookie_beck) | 36 comments Awwwwww, Night of the Creeps...

message 8: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (lolosrun) I'm with Dr. Evil- it was James Gunn's Dawn of the Dead that drew me into the zombie genre to begin with. When dealing with remakes you just have to imagine them as stand-alone films completely divorced from Romero's originals. Otherwise nothing will ever please.

Land of the Dead looks like a decent zombie flick. Probably not half the character-driven story as Romero's original but it'll serve for now- and any time I can have the hope of seeing Mena Suvari eaten alive is good enough for me.

message 9: by Anne (new)

Anne Hanks | 3 comments I am really looking forward to the Day of the Dead Remake. I'm preying it was better than Land! I don't know what happened, the remake of Dawn was really good, but Land just sucked hugely. Shaun of the Dead was hilarious! I also enjoyed 28 Days Later even though I don't think they were technically zombies. They weren't dead, just infected. Another good thing to know is that The Rising is being made into a movie next year. I heart Brian Keene, so I'm really into that one lol