Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > The International Consortium of Heroes

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (rednikki) | 31 comments I know it's promotion for "Beyond Heaving Bosoms", but the International Consortium of Heroes is hilarious. Especially the Heads of Section. What archetypes do you think they're missing? I think they need "Known as a roughneck cowboy, lacking in manners but with a heart of gold (or as a wealthy, ruthless cattle rancher with a heart of gold posing as a roughneck cowboy with a heart of gold), Casey McCasey is capable of turning out gourmet meals with one hand using nothing but a cast-iron frying pan, a campfire, a rabbit and some weeds he picked out of the underbrush while fending off bad men in black hats with the other. McCasey holds weekly seminars for Western heroes in how to reveal your inner sensitivity in slow degrees while roping cattle, so as best to seduce the Western heroine."

message 2: by Mollyscribbles (new)

Mollyscribbles | 47 comments They need a werewolf. An Alpha Male who's looking for a wild bitch to run off to the woods and have a litter of kids with him.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Nicole wrote: "I know it's promotion for "Beyond Heaving Bosoms", but the International Consortium of Heroes is hilarious. Especially the Heads of Section. What archetypes do you think they're missing? I think th..."

Hmm, I also think werewolves are the one glaring omission from the list. (I really want to get my hands on that book too).

Logan Ballsinmouth, head of the homo lupii section (also lycanthropes, λυκάνθρωπος, and warg). Fiercely devoted to his race, Logan wanders the earth seeking his soulmate. A distinctive figure clad in nothing but a pink flea collar and a name tag (Ruffles Smith. Reg No: 113441. Please Do Not Feed This Doggy.), Logan prowls the streets of all major cities, cunningly disguised as an overweight corgi. He knows his mate awaits him somewhere, but she is elusive. His path is a melancholy one, filled with nights of meaningless leg-humping and the occasional piss in a stranger's bed, but he knows he will find her one day. Until then, he roams the earth in a desultory fashion, amusing himself with small pleasures-- eating chihuahuas, giving young virgins crabs, and moonlighting as a travel writer for Lonely Moon Planet (100 Bums To Smell Before You Die).

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (rednikki) | 31 comments OMG!!! I love your werewolf. Logan is hilarious, Moss!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Shall we nominate him for Guild membership? I just feel so bad for him being left out like that.