Young Adult Reader Club discussion

April's Book > What do you think of The Secret Hour? *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (missjenna) | 586 comments Mod
This is where you can discuss our April read "The secret hour" and include spoilers.
If you are not very far in the book or haven't started it there is another discussion that is without spoilers.

message 2: by Jenna (new)

So what do you think of the Secret Hour so far? How would you feel if you were Jessica Day?

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle1105) | 57 comments i think it would be really tough to be Jessica Day. being in a new town with new friends and a new environment is tough enough but then to be thrown into these midnight "dreams" and not know what was happening would be horrifying. It would also be hard to not know what you were since you have no obvious powers and all the other midnighters think you are different.

message 4: by Jenna (new)

I agree, She already feels like an outsider moving into a new town.So that feeling is only perpetuated by the fact that she doesn't quite fit in with the Midnighters either.

message 5: by Jenna (new)

what do you think about Melissa? What do you think of her behavior towards Jess?

message 6: by Jenna (new)

For those of you that have finished the book,what did you think? Was it what you expected? Would you like to read the rest of the series?

message 7: by Jenna (new)

How do you think that this book compares to some of the other books by Scott Westerfeld?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, My name is Ashley and I only recently joined this group. I'm a single mom of 2 teengage boys, who enjoy reading books occasionaly. I really like reading young adult literature. I read this book a few months ago and thought it was a great read. It was just creepy enough, but not too much. I've also read Uglies by Westerfeld and am looking forward to reading the rest in the series. Westerfeld has a great imagination and so far I've enjoyed his books. My younger son read the succession/killing of worlds series by westerfeld and he just loved them. He passed them on to me and It's on my reading list.

message 9: by Kimmi (new)

Kimmi (kimmiafropuffs) I really love the Midnighters series. I don't want to say much more because I've read all of them and can't remember what happened when, but this is my favorite group of Westerfeld books.

message 10: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey I loved this book! I just finished it tonight and I'm wondering how things will all fall into place. I put the 2nd book on hold at the library and can't wait until it comes in. I think Melissa freaked me out as a character and I'm hoping to learn a bit more about her.

message 11: by Jenna (new)

Do you feel sorry for Melissa or do you feel that she brings a lot of it on herself?

message 12: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey A little bit of both. I don't know much about her history, but it seemed like there's more to her than just the bitchy, don't touch me character she portrays.

message 13: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 46 comments Jenna wrote: "what do you think about Melissa? What do you think of her behavior towards Jess?"

MElissa is a creepy girl. When she wants to leave her to die to solve the problem I was disgusted with her

message 14: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 46 comments I really enjoyed the book, I liked Jessica and the individual characters of the Midnighters. The lore is fascinating and I look forward to seeing what happens in future books.

Oh and I LOVED when Constanza socked Steve.