YA Book Gang!! discussion

Welcome!!! / About You!! > Introduce Yourself :)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,897 (1897 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 37 38

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 3050 comments Mod
Hey everyone :) Thank you so much for joining this group. I hope to make this an awesome and fun group :p Anyway this is the place for you to introduce yourself. Tell us whatever you want about yourself....
Well, my name is Sarah :) I'm 17, still in school and from Ireland. I really like to read, write and draw. Love listening to music too :) and I'm trying to learn to play guitar now too :p and that is pretty much it.

message 2: by Tessa (last edited May 02, 2013 09:24AM) (new)

Tessa Hello there :)
my name is Tessa Im from the Netherlands and 16 years old.
Im study something with organize events a little boring and difficult to explain here hihi,
I really like Harry potter and almost every other YA serie , Except beautifull creauture ugh,
but that is taste, So that was just me :)

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Tessa wrote: "Hello there :)

Hiya Tessa welcome to the group :) I agree with the beautiful creatures comment :p I really didn't like it but I'm going to read it again and see if my opinion changes :p

message 4: by Tessa (new)

Tessa oh no it took me for weeks til I get trough that book, But let me know wath you think when your finish, Im not planning to read the next books in the serie, or whould you recommend me to do that?

message 5: by Sarah (new)

If you didn't like the first one there's no point in reading the next ones. I don't think I'll be reading the next ones either.

message 6: by Nadine (new)

Nadine (NadineGovers) | 2 comments Hello,
Maybe Tessa has told you already that I am her sister, Nadine.
I'm fifteen years old and I also like to draw, and started learning how to play the guitar a few weeks ago as well.
I also like to practice ballet or visit ballet shows. I am about to start with the Selection. And have just finished reading Silence.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Hiya Nadine :) Welcome to the group :) What do you like to draw? And how much do you know on the guitar? Can you play a song yet? I'd love to learn ballet but I'm waaaay too clumsy and ungraceful :p

message 8: by Nadine (new)

Nadine (NadineGovers) | 2 comments I mainly like to draw portrets of people. When it comes to making masterpieces with all kinds of fantasy landscapes and non-existing creatures my creativity always seems to hold me back. So copying pictures works just fine for me. When it comes to playing the guitar I'm definitly not a natural. I first wanted to play the piano but it was too expensive so guitar was a good alternative. The truth is, I kind of suck at it but do enjoy and I'm getting better bit by bit. I'm currently struggling with the rythms and have learned a few chords :)

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Ya I'm not a natural at guitar either. I'm trying to get the hang on the chords at the moment :/ I wanted to get drums first.

message 10: by Sydney (last edited May 04, 2013 11:49AM) (new)

Sydney (eleka_nahmen) Hi guys! My name is Sydney and I love to read listen to music. I'm 18 and from the U.S. My favorite books are paranormal/fantasy YA and some dystopian books. My favorite series is Harry Potter.

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Hiya Sydney :) Thanks for joining the group. I love to listen to music too, what do you like to listen to?

message 12: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (eleka_nahmen) I like a lot of kinds of music, except for country. I love The Beatles and a lot of bands from the 90's and some popular music too and I absolutely LOVE musicals.

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Haha cool :D sometimes I like country but it's mostly rock or punk or pop punk and stuff like that.

message 14: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Heeey sidney :)

message 15: by Ailbhe (new)

Ailbhe Guilford (leprachaunpix) | 4 comments Hey! I'm Ailbhe and I'm Irish too. I'm 16 and I love to read, listen to music and have fun (along with lots of other stuff too). Nice to meet you all!!! :)

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Hey Ailbhe :D welcome to the group :)

message 17: by Ailbhe (new)

Ailbhe Guilford (leprachaunpix) | 4 comments Thanks. Nice to be here. :)

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Hopefully you'll enjoy the group :)

message 19: by Ailbhe (new)

Ailbhe Guilford (leprachaunpix) | 4 comments I'm sure I will. Thanks :)

message 20: by Sarah (new)

No bother :)

message 21: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Hey there welcome ;)

Natalie (Never trust a duck) HELLO!!!
Well, my name is Natalie and I am one big book worm. I love to read, write, draw, play basketball, volleyball , and softball, etc. I play the piano and was born in the US. I just finished reading The Elite (part of the selection series) and it toyed with my feelings so much, but alas, great book! This is my first and only group, and I think thats about all there is. :)

message 23: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (eleka_nahmen) Hi Natalie! Welcome to the group :) I hope you enjoy it!

Natalie (Never trust a duck) Hey Sydney, thanks!!!! I hope so too!!

message 25: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (eleka_nahmen) I like your picture by the way! :)

Natalie (Never trust a duck) haha thanks! major harry potter fan!!!! what are your top 2 favorite books?

message 27: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (eleka_nahmen) Harry Potter (since I was 7!) and The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.

Natalie (Never trust a duck) OOOOOHHHHHHH MEEE TOO!!!! I absolutely LOVE both of those series (however i will say The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare beat The Mortal Instruments). I cannot wait for the City of Bones movie!

message 29: by Sydney (last edited May 07, 2013 04:14PM) (new)

Sydney (eleka_nahmen) Natalie wrote: "OOOOOHHHHHHH MEEE TOO!!!! I absolutely LOVE both of those series (however i will say The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare beat The Mortal Instruments). I cannot wait for the City of Bones movie!"

Really, I'm not sure which I like better, TMI or ID. But I LOVE Magnus in both series!

Natalie (Never trust a duck) Magnus is definitely the bomb.com. Him and Alec are so cute together!

message 31: by Sydney (last edited May 07, 2013 04:20PM) (new)

Sydney (eleka_nahmen) I know :D I also love Isabelle and Jem, they're my other faves.

Natalie (Never trust a duck) Im gonna be honest, I'm Team Will (though I still love Jem, I mean how could you not!) Isabelle is pretty beast. I love Henry :)

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Hey Natalie :) Welcome to the group :D

message 34: by Sydney (last edited May 07, 2013 06:38PM) (new)

Sydney (eleka_nahmen) Natalie wrote: "Im gonna be honest, I'm Team Will (though I still love Jem, I mean how could you not!) Isabelle is pretty beast. I love Henry :)"

Oh I love Henry too! I didn't care who Tessa ended up with Will, Jem, or a hobo.... I just didn't want Jem to die! I was going crazy waiting for Clockwork Princess to come out.

Natalie (Never trust a duck) Sarah wrote: "Hey Natalie :) Welcome to the group :D"

Thanks for making the group! YA books are great!

Natalie (Never trust a duck) Sydney wrote: "Natalie wrote: "Im gonna be honest, I'm Team Will (though I still love Jem, I mean how could you not!) Isabelle is pretty beast. I love Henry :)"

Oh I love Henry too! I didn't care who Tessa end..."

Hahaha a hobo would have been a nice twist on the story. when Jem was saying goodbye I burst into tears

message 37: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (eleka_nahmen) I cried the like the last 100 pages of the book! It was so emotional!

message 38: by Sarah (new)

Natalie wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Hey Natalie :) Welcome to the group :D"

Thanks for making the group! YA books are great!"

No bother at all :p I'm glad you like the group :D

message 39: by Niámh (new)

Niámh | 83 comments hi I'm Niámh from Co.Derry,Ireland I'm still in school and love to read YA books my favourite series is Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant, #1) by Derek Landy

message 40: by Sarah (new)

Welcome to the group Niamh :D

message 41: by Niámh (new)

Niámh | 83 comments thanks :-)

message 42: by Sarah (new)

No bothers :) do you mind me asking what year you are in in school?

message 43: by Niámh (new)

Niámh | 83 comments year 9\2nd year

message 44: by Sarah (new)

Ah cool :) I'm in 5th year. Can't wait for the summer holidays to start.

message 45: by Niámh (new)

Niámh | 83 comments me too :-)

Natalie (Never trust a duck) Welcome Niamh!

message 47: by Niámh (new)

Niámh | 83 comments Thanks:)

message 48: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (JessPeachee) I guess now is as good a time as any to do this. Hi, my name's Jessica. I'm gonna be 20 in a little over a month. I enjoy reading, I definitely read more now that I am older than I did when I was in middle school. I think I really started reading more my sophmore or junior year of high school. I starting reading more after reading the Hunger Games series. I like to draw too but a lot of the time I hate my own art and it gets me in a funk for a while where I don't draw for a while.

message 49: by Sarah (new)

Hey Jessica :D

message 50: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_duivenvoorde) Hi, I'm Lizz :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 37 38