Witches, Weres, and Vamps, Oh MY! discussion

Other Book Related Discussions > Better World Books

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanon (last edited Apr 14, 2009 05:46PM) (new)

Shanon (boban) | 1166 comments Mod
I was in the market for a new book - surprise, surprise - and I came across a (new to me) bookstore. Better World Books. They sell new & used books. The coolest part of their organization is that they "fund high-impact literacy projects in the United States and around the world."

"So far, the company has converted more than 11 million donated books into $4.5 million in funding for literacy and education. In the process, we’ve also diverted more than 6,000 tons of books from landfills."

On top of that they have free shipping anywhere in the United States and #3.97 for worldwide shipping. I don't know if that's a good deal for worldwide shipping but that's a heck of a deal for U.S. shipping.

I don't usually buy my books online, preferring to go to the store and get immediate gratification. But sometimes online shopping is so much more convienient.

If you want more info about the company here is their about us page:
http://www.betterworldbooks.com/info....

I'll let you know how my book buying experience goes as soon as I narrow it down to which book I want.

*I copied the quotes from their 'All About Us' page.

message 2: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (last edited Apr 14, 2009 06:48PM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Thanks. I bookmarked it. I look for used books online when I'm looking for something specific as I only have one locally owned (full price) bookstore, and one used bookstore in town. I have to drive 90 miles to get to a Barnes & Noble.

message 3: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathry) Thanks for the site Shanon. I poked around for a little and they do have some good deals. I typed in the last 4 books I've bought online and some were cheaper on this site, some were not. That's pretty fair to me, considering the shipping is free! It's a nice site and I'll keep it in mind for future purchases since I buy most of my books online. Thanks!

message 4: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (last edited Apr 14, 2009 08:38PM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I tend to buy books online used at Amazon's marketplace for a penny plus $3.99 shipping. So with free shipping on this website, I was looking to see if any of the books I'm looking for were under $4 and some were, although not by much.