The Sword and Laser discussion

The Age Atomic (Empire State, #2)
This topic is about The Age Atomic
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Podcasts > Win Adam Christopher books!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 117 (117 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Tom, Supreme Laser (new)

Tom Merritt (tommerritt) | 1158 comments Mod
Adam Christopher has been kind enough to give us two of his books to give away!

We'll be giving away one limited edition of Empire State and one limited Edition Age Atomic They're both hardcover, signed, numbered only 100 copies each. And the Empire State has a variant cover.

We will pick two random posters to this thread. So answer this question:

What would you do with your private robot army?

message 2: by LegalKimchi (new)

LegalKimchi | 112 comments visit my family in seoul.... then start marching north.

message 3: by Rob, Roberator (new)

Rob (robzak) | 6904 comments Mod
Tabletop gaming.. Hmm except how do you beat a robot?

message 4: by Neil (last edited Apr 30, 2013 02:31PM) (new)

Neil | 165 comments Enforce 'Keep off the Grass' signs with extreme prejudice.

message 5: by Ty (new) - added it

Ty Wilson (ShatterStar66) | 165 comments I had the same idea as Tastykimchi...I'd send my army marching north. Those Canadians have been massing on our northern border for as long as I can remember, just ready to invade at any time. I think it's time we taught them a lesson!

message 6: by Camilla (new)

Camilla Hansen (malazanshadowdancer) | 64 comments Have them invade a house/mansion/castle/library/any sizeable location for a huge library, THEN make them stand guard and move books for me while I design the perfect library.

Oh, and make me secret corridors and such so I can scheme in peace, of course. No libraries without grand schemes of taking over... stuff.

Do you think they mind doing manual labour, when I could be invading entire countries? Nah, probably not. Unless I start forcing them to mow the lawn...

message 7: by Hershel (new)

Hershel Shipman (hershdawg) | 43 comments Hidden robot army. Well depends if there is interstellar travel developed use them as a defense force for protecting a colony. Otherwise I'm getting my own island country.

message 8: by Sky (new)

Sky Corbelli | 352 comments Pogs.

I've always thought that Pogs' biggest weakness was that it wasn't played with killer robots. At last I'd be able to rectify that oversight.

message 9: by Nick (new)

Nick | 11 comments I would cross the channel and pick up where the 100 years war finished, and start world domination from there. Once finished I would write a Sci-fi book about it, and then look to the rest of the galaxy.

message 10: by Tom (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tom | 7 comments I would start TomCorp Inc. The robots would serve to perform duties humans can't perform themselves.

If they're not sentient, they'd be able to work in the most dangerous conditions whether mining, working underwater, or in space.
If sentient, they'd serve as knowledgeable advisers to the leaders of nations and corporations. They'd provide trustworthy interpretation in over 6 million forms of communication...
Either way they would be aptly poised for the hour when I would take over the world! Ok I'm just kidding about that last part....seriously....buahahaha!

message 11: by Tom, Supreme Laser (new)

Tom Merritt (tommerritt) | 1158 comments Mod
I would start TomCorp also... but I can't win this prize so what they would do will remain a mystery!

message 12: by David Sven (new)

David Sven (gorro) | 1582 comments I'd use them to take down Skynet before it became self aware. Then I'd use them as Chauffeurs and drink dispensers in my fleet of stretch hummers

message 13: by Kim (new) - added it

Kim | 477 comments Try to take over the world!

And fail as I would run out of batteries too quick.

message 14: by David Sven (new)

David Sven (gorro) | 1582 comments Kim wrote: "Try to take over the world!

And fail as I would run out of batteries too quick."

You need the new and improved kink-springs

message 15: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandikal) | 1212 comments I would re-program my robot army to go dig wells and work farms in famine-stricken countries. Of course, I'd keep a few with me to do my house and yard work.

message 16: by Christopher (new) - added it

Christopher Preiman | 347 comments 4 words, dancing robot flash mob.

message 17: by Leesa (new)

Leesa (leesalogic) | 651 comments My robot army--which would look like giant rats so it'd be my private robot rodent army--would go with me to mete justice upon animal abusers world wide!

message 18: by Eric (new)

Eric (paladinboy) | 3 comments Utilize their robot logic to end War and stop disease...after securing my kingdom in Antarctica.

message 19: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Johnson | 15 comments Go screaming through my neighborhood the robots are coming!

message 20: by John (new)

John Wiswell | 86 comments I'd have them assess their own functionality, giving me a comprehensive report on their energy efficiency. If they're energy-efficient, I begin having them mass-produce themselves to help humanity. If they are energy-inefficient, we start ransacking the planet to keep them powered.

message 21: by Kristina (last edited Apr 30, 2013 07:20PM) (new)

Kristina | 588 comments I would totally send them out to solve all the world's problems. Then they can come home for lessons in laundry and pastry making.

message 22: by Doug (new)

Doug Luberts | 35 comments Are they fully functional, programmed in multiple techni...Ah, never mind.

I would enlist my private robot army to drive the great, stone-washed, armies of hipsters out of San Francisco, and restore the price of a cup of coffee to less than that of a used copy of Jack Kerouac's "On the Road."

After the cleansing, I would re-purpose them as a flat-track Roller Derby League, and proceed to dominate the sport for the next millenium.

message 23: by Trevor (new)

Trevor (themovingvan) | 1 comments It is really an "army" if they are bound by The Three Laws? When it comes to kickassery they are just automatic paperweights.

message 24: by Thane (new)

Thane | 476 comments I would make them wear bow ties. They would be my butlers and when I am old and lonely I will make them do mystery dinners with me. After a warm bath they will turn down my sheets and place mints on my pillow. On my deathbed I will grant them freedom! FREEDOM for auto-sapiens!

message 25: by Andy (new)

Andy McReynolds | 1 comments Find an island off the coast of California and have them build up my Lair in the cliffs or volcano if there's one handy.

Once completed, work would begin on telecommunications (a cable on the sea floor back to the mainland) so that I can communicate with the world leaders after I salvage cargo from ships that inexplicably sink near the island.

message 26: by Dan (last edited Apr 30, 2013 08:23PM) (new)

Dan  Girard (dangirard) | 5 comments Peaceably petition with them for changes that I wish to see happen. And I would treat my enemies with respect and leave them alone.

message 27: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (realjennyh) | 1 comments Take on the Cybermen!

message 28: by Brendan (new)

Brendan O'neill | 17 comments I would start the worlds worst babysitting agency.

message 29: by Andy (new)

Andy (andy_s) First, my robot army will build my fortress of solitude in Belize. This would include fiber-internet connectivity and an in-fortress theater. Once completed, my army would march north fighting crime and corruption, righting wrongs, and endearing themselves to the world population. Overtime, I would be asked to lead the United Nations and all the world's countries into an era of unprecedented times of peace.

message 30: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandikal) | 1212 comments Andy wrote: "First, my robot army will build my fortress of solitude in Belize. This would include fiber-internet connectivity and an in-fortress theater. Once completed, my army would march north fighting cr..."

Damn, why didn't I think of that?

Jenny wrote: "Take on the Cybermen!"

And the Daleks!

message 31: by Doug (new)

Doug Luberts | 35 comments Andy wrote: "Find an island off the coast of California and have them build up my Lair in the cliffs or volcano if there's one handy.

Once completed, work would begin on telecommunications (a cable on the se..."

I like your style...

"Evil...Evil is his one and only name..."

Nicole | 17 comments First the robot army will fix the world do all of the nicey nicey things then TAKE OVER THE WORLD WITH ME AS QUEEN! MAHAMHAMAHAMAHA! you get my point.

message 33: by Nicolas (new)

Nicolas (mathmaninresland) | 4 comments My own private robot army, eh?
Probably would use them as my subjects for experimenting in cyborgs so that I could totally enhance myself with robotics without the danger of making myself some kind of mindless killing machine.
That or teach them how to be butlers and servants then install them as my spies in all the important people's lives, then use the information I gather to rule the world in some way I'll need to figure out later.

message 34: by Daryl (new)

Daryl | 92 comments Define "robot army." If we're talking Iron Giant robot army, well then, world domination may be in order, only to keep the peace mind you! An army of car manufacturing robots you say? I guess a fleet of vehicles will do.

message 35: by Noah (new)

Noah Sturdevant (noahksturdevant) | 173 comments My robot army will be dedicated to making more robots, until it is large enough to build a robot planet, where they will live and eventually evolve into autobots. I will probably be accidentally crushed and scraped off the foot of one of these, but such is the price of progress.

message 36: by Björn (new)

Björn | 6 comments I'd use mine to reenact the Sith-Wars ;)

message 37: by Evan (new)

Evan (sampsom) | 7 comments I guess my private robot army could do this History essay I'm meant to be doing now.

message 38: by Greg (new)

Greg | 83 comments I'd split my army up, I'd have some do work and earn me money so I no longer have to work, some I would have do household chores and shopping and such the rest I would keep for defensive and emergency purposes. The result I can sit around all day and read letting me catch up on all the books I want to read.

Richard Eyres (richardeyres) | 17 comments I would go into making a TV Robotic Soap opera, similar to All My Circuits in Futurama. Will also expand this into other popular TV rip offs (Big Brother, where losers will get destroyed etc).

message 40: by Septima (new)

Septima Snape (septimasnape) | 4 comments I would live the good life cause I'd make them do household chores and run errands like grocery shopping and stuff

message 41: by Andy (new) - added it

Andy (andy_m) | 311 comments I would use my robot army to explore the solar system. I would also keep one around to be a robot butler. Mainly because, who would not want a heavily armed robot butler?

message 42: by Scott (new)

Scott (dodger1379) | 126 comments I'd use the robot army to herd up all the stray unicorns and move them to the end of the rainbow.

message 43: by D. H. (new)

D. H. | 100 comments First we take Manhattan. Then we take Berlin.

message 44: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandikal) | 1212 comments Wait a minute. Nobody is really going to win a robot army, right?

message 45: by John (new)

John | 2 comments Just call me your benevolent emperor…

message 46: by Pamela (new)

Pamela D (funisreading) | 42 comments In my immediate future, I would use my robot army to help pack my apartment for my upcoming move.

Then, I would use the robots as my personal entourage. They would follow me around and we would look super powerful. I would always get the last box of my favorite cereal at the grocery store!

Oh, we would probably break out into song and dance on a regular basis too. With an army of robots, I can make my life a musical if I want to.

message 47: by Dara (new)

Dara (cmdrdara) | 2702 comments Hmmm. I don't know what I'd do with an army robot. I'm a sort of nice person and don't like war so I'd probably have them as my butlers. Dress them up in nice suits and they'd all be called Alfred. Or Bender. Oh and keep a few as body guards.

message 48: by Paul (new)

Paul Harmon (thesaint08d) | 639 comments Take Over Fox TV...Put Firefly back on the air...watch the world praise me...

message 49: by Christopher (new) - added it

Christopher Preiman | 347 comments Suspect i can't enter twice, but this morning i think i would divide them up amongst my friends and play a real live game of risk.

Ruth (tilltab) Ashworth | 1954 comments *sigh* I suppose someone has got to write down the obvious idea, the one that first occurs to everyone, but then they decide not to write it because it is clearly far too obvious, which is, of course, to send the army out across the land to steal all the chocolate in the world and bring it back to me.

...then...once I've eaten all the chocolate, I guess they can take turns carrying me around, because I will probably be too fat to walk by that point. Hmm, though is chocolate really enough? I've been in kind of a nachos mood lately. Maybe they can grab me some nachos while they are out for the chocolate. Or can they learn to cook. Man, I'm really hungry right now. I could eat a whole army of robots!

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.