College Students! discussion

Let's Discuss This Book/Author > The Babysitters Club books

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I used to love the Babysitters Club books by Ann. M. Martin when I was a kid, I read loads of them. Anyone else read them? Also, does anyone know what happens at the end?

message 2: by Annie (new)

Annie Hartman (anniebananie) | 242 comments Please, I had the ENTIRE series. Remember when the videos came out? (on vhs of course! haha)

message 3: by Spencer (last edited Apr 14, 2009 12:50PM) (new)

Spencer (spencerafreeman) OH. MY. GOD! I LOVED the BSC! My granny sent me an entire box for christmas- over 100 books! I loved the spin-offs too... Awww. trip down memory lane. I always used to consider myself Dawn, the girl from california, because i was from california too, lol!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I remember when I was like 8 reading them, and thinking 13 was such a grown up age! Mary Anne was my favourite..and Kirsty annoyed me a LOT.

message 5: by Annie (new)

Annie Hartman (anniebananie) | 242 comments I liked Mary Anne too. But I was really mad when she cut her hair!

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sezza) Dawn was my favorite! Did you guys ever watch the Disney series?

message 7: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Mary Anne was my favorite! And what was her bf's name? I also like Claudia (the one where she babysat the genius girl was my fav).

And I loooved the movie! It's probably so cheesy if I look back on it. aaaah good times!

I read the regular series and also the spin off w/ the younger girl.. it was somebody's half sister. I think it was called Babysitter's Club Jr. But it didn't even really focus on babysitting at all.

message 8: by Annie (new)

Annie Hartman (anniebananie) | 242 comments So I googled it because I couldnt remember a lot of the names. There is a quiz that tells you which babysitter you are. haha

message 9: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments I loved the BSC! I even read the spin off, "Babysitters Little Sister", Karens story. I'm trying to get my cousin into the books, she's ten.

You all will get a kick out of this. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4GMIg...

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sezza) Haha, I actually have the Kristy and Claudia dolls. What a nerd. Those books and shows were so freaking cool. *Feels nostalgic*

message 11: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Annie, how dare you mention such a thing and not give us the link! Link me up, girl!

I actually had no idea there was a tv show.

message 12: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (anastasia13) I used to go by the name Stasi as short for Anastasia so of course I considered myself quite similar to Stacey.

Ooh, especially since I had the best luck with guys and they came out with a Boy-Crazy Stacey.

I DID read the Babysitters Little Sister Karen because I loved unicorns (as did every other girl my age, I'm sure) and HAD to read it too.
Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #89 Karen's Unicorn

message 13: by Justine (new)

Justine (paperbackheart) I LOVED the BSC. I played it on the playground with two of my friends in third grade.
I wasn't crazy about the little sister series, but I LOVED the Summer Diaries - Dawn and all of her California friends. It was so so good.

message 14: by Anna (new)

Anna Shumaker (annashu) haha my co-worker and I were just talking about BSC the other day. I'm pretty sure I read every single book but it was so long ago. Me and my friends would always argue about who was who...I think I wanted to be Mary Anne.

message 15: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (xtoloveistolivex) | 534 comments I totally loved the BSC! Does anybody remember the spinoff series called California Diaries from when Dawn moved to California? I think they were more for teenagers, but I loved them too!

message 16: by Kelsey (last edited Apr 14, 2009 09:10PM) (new)

Kelsey (xtoloveistolivex) | 534 comments My friends and I totally started our own BSC too, which lasted all of like 2 weeks before we decided it was too much work.

message 17: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
omg i used to loooove these books. i don't think i read every single one of them..but I thought I was pretty cool for trying to start my own BSC. lol

message 18: by Tahleen (new)

Tahleen ahhh Baby-Sitters' Clubbbb love it!! I totally watched the Disney tv show, I still remember the theme song ("Say hello to your friends *Baby-Sitters' Club!* Say hello to the peeeeoople who care, Nothing's better than friends *Baby-Sitters' Club!* Cause you know that your friends are always there..." wow typing it out I realize how corny it was haha).

Lynn, I think Mary Anne's bf was named Logan? Or something like that.

I also read the Little Sister series, I was actually a part of the Scholastic book club haha. God I love this series. I am sad it is now out of print except for those stupid graphic novels they've recently released.

message 19: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments Tahleen, I was part of the Scholastic book club too!

message 20: by Lori (new)

Lori Walker I read some of them when I was a kid. I really wanted to form a Babysitters Club (probably before I was even old enough to babysit), but there was only 1 girl on my street so it would have been a pitiful club.

message 21: by Tahleen (new)

Tahleen I think at one point every girl who read these wanted to start a club haha.

message 22: by Annie (new)

Annie Hartman (anniebananie) | 242 comments http://www.scholastic.com/bscgraphix/...

thats the link for the quiz. haha
apparently im Kristy.. Not at all what I thought it would be.

You guys have to do this.. histerical!

message 23: by Anna (new)

Anna Shumaker (annashu) I'm Kristy too!

message 24: by Tahleen (new)

Tahleen I was Kristy too... I think it's rigged! Most of my answers were more along the lines of Mary Anne.

message 25: by Anna (new)

Anna Shumaker (annashu) I thought my answers were Mary Anne too...except for the boyfriend. Mary Anne had a boyfriend but was the shy studious one right?

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm Kristy too! So what happens to them in the end? I know they graduate (after 18 years of being there!) from middle school (I'm not sure what middle school is...), but what else happens?

message 27: by Annie (new)

Annie Hartman (anniebananie) | 242 comments Honestly, I dont even remember. haha
I think it moved into the little sisters series then just kind of died out.

message 28: by Tahleen (new)

Tahleen Yeah there were over 100 books in the series... it was pretty long haha. Kind of like how Nancy Drew didn't have any sort of real ending.

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sezza) I got Kristy too! Although my answers were more similar to Claudia.

message 30: by Spencer (new)

Spencer (spencerafreeman) Yep... definitely a rigged quiz.. thats ok. I know in my heart that I'm a mix between Dawn and Mary Ann :)
I say we start our own cross country college students bsc! lol (SO KIDDING!)

message 31: by Lynn (new)

Lynn yeah there's no way I'm Kristy. haha. I think I was probably more of a Mary Anne or Claudia. How many girls were there? I feel like there were like 6... Kristy, Mary Anne, Claudia, Dawn, Stacy (?)... anyone remember?

message 32: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sezza) Don't forget Mallory and Jessie!

message 33: by Lynn (new)

Lynn oh yes! I remember them now

message 34: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments Roisu- Middle School is usually grades 8th-11th, or ages 13-16.

Its rigged! It said I was Kristy too!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Don't forget Abigal! Thanks Kimberly!

message 36: by Tahleen (new)

Tahleen Oohh yeah Abby! She came in late in the game though. I also learned about diabetes from this series. Now everyone knows about it because of Nick Jonas, and not Stacey...

message 37: by Annie (new)

Annie Hartman (anniebananie) | 242 comments Oh right! I forgot about that! I always liked Dawn. I always pictured her being this gorgeous girl. lol
That quiz says everyone is Kristy. haha

message 38: by Tahleen (new)

Tahleen It's definitely rigged. I did it three more times and purposefully stayed away from the answers that describe Kristy... and yet each time the result was Kristy. Dumb.

message 39: by Lori (new)

Lori Walker I just took it and I was Kristy too! It was like "You like sports and this and that," and I was like, "None of my answers reflected that dude!" So yeah it's probably rigged or messed up.

message 40: by Mandee (new)

Mandee (amandalinajanel) | 378 comments Has anyone NOT gotten Kristy?

message 41: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (xtoloveistolivex) | 534 comments Nope, I got Kristy too, and I am definitely not a Kristy.

message 42: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
omg lol it said i was kristy..and let me tell you..i am the least Kristy-like in the world. lol and then i picked all the answers for the one who is boy crazy..at the top..just to see if it changes..nope..still kristy..definitely rigged.

message 43: by Tahleen (new)

Tahleen Charlene I bet you're Kristy.

And I just want to say I do NOT like anchovies on anything, let alone a perfectly good pizza.

message 44: by Anna (new)

Anna (heyannahey) | 67 comments I LOVED the BSC. I remember thinking I couldn't wait to grow up and be a teenager, because they got to do SO many cool things.
And now that I'm nearly 20, I wonder how a group of 13-year-olds were ever that coordinated. I certainly wouldn't have been able to do it.

(I got Kristy on the quiz too. Total opposite, here.)

message 45: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 4 comments The quiz has to be rigged...there is no way any of my answers had to do with Kristy!

message 46: by Annie (new)

Annie Hartman (anniebananie) | 242 comments Sorry about finding the bum quiz. haha
Make our own maybe? lol

message 47: by April (new)

April (booksandwine) I got Kristy on the quiz too!
I loved BSC, except when they would describe the backstory in every single book... seriously Ann M. Martin, I already know Claudia is the artist, Stacy is Diabetic, Mallory has rabbits for parents... yadda yadda yadda.

message 48: by April (new)

message 49: by Lynn (new)

Lynn haha April I agree.. I remember thinking "You know, I could really skip over Chapter One each time I read these books..." but I could never do it. When I read a book I have to read every word and comprehend it. Like, if my mind wanders a little when reading a boring paragraph, I go back and read it until I've got it 100%... unfortunately I only do this with fun books and not books where it counts... like textbooks!

message 50: by Lynn (new)

Lynn omg that blog is hilarious! hahha!

« previous 1