No One Belongs Here More Than You No One Belongs Here More Than You discussion

Whimsy, yes, vision, maybe

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:32AM) (new)

Lynn Myrick So much whimsey in this book, but what is the overall vision except that life can be surprising and a little dizzying at times. July does present a sense of human community that is affirming; likewise, she shows humanity's desire to make sense of life and to find patterns and create meaning in ritual. I think that she is promising writer who will ripen as she continues to write. She is brave and willing to take chances in her fiction, but she is not a five yet.

message 2: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:17PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer yes, i agee. so much talent and imagination! but ultimately -- though i sort of still believe as i did after the first few stories (and after the first couple times thru her movie!) that the universal human condition she presents is affirming in the way she conveys how neediness for love is the motivation behind all behavior, kind and unkind, and awkward -- ultimately i come away depressed... and eager to see how she evolves....

message 3: by Gary (last edited Jan 19, 2012 08:17PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gary I think the story about the two supporting actors is one of the most original and subtle I've read in a very long time. I loved this book. It's very inspiring. I think its flaws make it stronger - it's about vulnerability and where it goes wrong causes it to come across as a vulnerable book itself.