Read with Pride Northwest discussion

GRNW Meet-Up 2013 > Meet the Authors of GRNW 2013!

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly H. (Maybedog) (maybedog) | 32 comments And several of my favorite authors are coming! Although, I may have to yell at Andrea Speed after I kneel before her feet. ;) She made me cry and I was upset for days. Just kidding. I'll pretend I'm not upset as I'm kissing her toes.

Now I've got to go read something from all of these authors so I can make appropriate worshiping noises when I get their autographs.

message 3: by ttg (new)

ttg | 571 comments Mod
Kelly Maybedog wrote: "Now I've got to go read something from all of these authors so I can make appropriate worshiping noises when I get their autographs."

I know! So much to read. :D We're planning on building a reading challenge/game starting in June to give people lots of chances to prepare. ;)

message 4: by Paul (new)

Paul | 30 comments Wow! Several of my favorite authors are coming. Just finishing up Too Stupid To Live and can't wait to shake Anne Tenino's hand :) And just added SO many books to my TBR list!!

message 5: by ttg (new)

ttg | 571 comments Mod
Just updated our "Attending Authors" list with the amazing Devon Rhodes! We're now at 21 awesome authors for this September's Meet-Up! (So much summer reading!)

message 6: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Belleau (heidibelleau) | 21 comments I'm squeeing over getting to meet Anne Tenino too!! :D

message 7: by Amelia (new)

Amelia C. Gormley (ameliacgormley) | 18 comments Heidi wrote: "I'm squeeing over getting to meet Anne Tenino too!! :D"

Anne is every sort of awesome. As are PD Singer and Angela Benedetti. Seriously, lunch with them this weekend was awesome!

message 8: by ttg (last edited May 07, 2013 10:30PM) (new)

ttg | 571 comments Mod
Amelia wrote: "Heidi wrote: "I'm squeeing over getting to meet Anne Tenino too!! :D"

Anne is every sort of awesome. As are PD Singer and Angela Benedetti. Seriously, lunch with them this weekend was awesome!"

Yeah, I'm super psyched to meet everyone. (We have a lot of great writers in the Northwest! Maybe it's the weather? Or the caffeine? The microbrews? The many tattoo parlors?)

My personal mental goal is to not scare any of the attendees. Like, Remember: Don't go up to Ginn Hale and yell, "GIMME BOOK! I WANTS IT! NOM NOM NOM!" Don't do that. Act like a sane person.

Small goals. That, and try not to bug Blind Eye too much about a sequel to Irregulars. (Even though a sequel would be SOOOOOOO AWESOOOOME...)

message 9: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (andreaspeed) | 49 comments I think I'd better bring a lot of Kleenex. The amount of people who say I've made them cry ... I'm like the human equivalent of an onion.

message 10: by ttg (new)

ttg | 571 comments Mod
Andrea wrote: "I think I'd better bring a lot of Kleenex. The amount of people who say I've made them cry ... I'm like the human equivalent of an onion."

That sounds like it might be a good question for a panel. "The After effects of making your fans REALLY CRY." Hmmmm....

(My guess is people will be more psyched than weepy to see you. At least we can distract any heavy sobbers with some later Infected books. "Look! Four more books!")

message 11: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (andreaspeed) | 49 comments I hope so. Also, I might be trying way too hard to make everyone laugh. I don't know if that works for or against me.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Andrea wrote: "I think I'd better bring a lot of Kleenex. The amount of people who say I've made them cry ... I'm like the human equivalent of an onion."

Add me to the list of sobbing messes. Thanks for that. Every time I think of that book I get misty eyed.

message 13: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (andreaspeed) | 49 comments Aww. I'm think i should get a name tag and just write "I'm sorry" on it. I wonder if people will guess.

message 14: by ttg (new)

ttg | 571 comments Mod
Added to our "Attending Authors" list is the awesome Tara Spears! Welcome aboard, Tara, and congratulations on your new book coming out next month!

We're now at 22 amazing authors for this September's Meet-Up! WOW!

message 15: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 126 comments Andrea wrote: "Aww. I'm think i should get a name tag and just write "I'm sorry" on it. I wonder if people will guess."

I will!!

message 16: by Tara (new)

Tara Spears | 55 comments Awww, thanks for adding me Tracy! Now I feel special!

message 17: by ttg (new)

ttg | 571 comments Mod
GRNW welcomes aboard Cate Ashwood whose first book Keeping Sweets came out recently from Dreamspinner. Thanks for joining, Cate!

The Meet-Up is now hosting 23 authors! We're so excited that so many wonderful writers are joining us for this event! :D

message 18: by Cate (new)

Cate Ashwood (cateashwood) | 1 comments ttg wrote: "GRNW welcomes aboard Cate Ashwood whose first book Keeping Sweets came out recently from Dreamspinner. Thanks for joining, Cate!

The Meet-Up is now hosting 23 authors! We're so excited that so man..."

Thanks for having me! I am so excited. I can't wait!

message 19: by ttg (new)

ttg | 571 comments Mod
We just updated our "Attending Authors" list with the lovely Sarah Black! (We're now at 24 awesome authors for the September Meet-Up!)

message 20: by ttg (new)

ttg | 571 comments Mod
The lovely Lou Harper is now one of our GRNW Attending Authors! Welcome Aboard, Lou!! :D (And now we're at 25 authors attending the Meet-Up! We're so excited to have so many wonderful authors coming!)

message 21: by Lou (new)

Lou Sylvre | 11 comments I'm just now getting to visit here after my crazy post-release blitz for Finding Jackie (actually I think this is just a breather), but want to say I am just amazed how many authors that I really admire are in this area. It's going to be fantastic to meet authors and readers both! I am so looking forward to Septempber!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

ttg wrote: "We just updated our "Attending Authors" list with the lovely Sarah Black! (We're now at 24 awesome authors for the September Meet-Up!)"

Looking forward to meeting everyone- I just wrote a Portland story and posted it on my blog here at Goodreads- Mari Moto's Magical Dragon- if you want a quickie!

message 23: by ttg (new)

ttg | 571 comments Mod
Sarah wrote: "Looking forward to meeting everyone- I just wrote a Portland story and posted it on my blog here at Goodreads- Mari Moto's Magical Dragon- if you want a quickie!"

Thanks, Sarah! That's awesome! (We just tweeted about it too.) :D

message 24: by ttg (new)

ttg | 571 comments Mod
We welcome aboard Megan Derr, Morticia Knight, and Sasha L. Miller as GRNW Attending Authors! Thank you, Megan, Morticia, and Sasha, for being a part of our event! :D

message 25: by Morticia (new)

Morticia Knight (authormorticiaknight) | 33 comments ttg wrote: "We welcome aboard Megan Derr, Morticia Knight, and Sasha L. Miller as GRNW Attending Authors! Thank you, Megan, Morticia, and Sasha, for being a part of our event! :D"

Thank you for having me - looking forward to it! ;-)

message 26: by ttg (new)

ttg | 571 comments Mod
GRNW welcomes aboard Talya Andor as an Attending Author for the Meet-Up on Sept. 14! Welcome, Talya!

(And, wow! It's amazing how many M/M authors are in the PNW! I chock it up to the copious amounts of coffee here. And maybe those few gray days that encourage people to stay in and write...) :)

Kelly H. (Maybedog) (maybedog) | 32 comments Did you know that Seattle has the second highest per capita number of gay people in the US? We're just ultra cool. :)

message 28: by ttg (new)

ttg | 571 comments Mod
Welcome aboard to Pender Mackie as an Attending Author to the GRNW Meet-Up in Seattle! Welcome, Pender!!

message 29: by Morticia (new)

Morticia Knight (authormorticiaknight) | 33 comments ttg wrote: "Welcome aboard to Pender Mackie as an Attending Author to the GRNW Meet-Up in Seattle! Welcome, Pender!!"

Glad to know you'll be there Pender! ;-)

message 30: by ttg (new)

ttg | 571 comments Mod
We happily welcome Piper Vaughn as one of our GRNW Attending Authors! We're glad you can come, Piper!! :D

(And now we're at 31 authors attending the Meet-Up! Wow!)

message 31: by ttg (new)

ttg | 571 comments Mod
We happily welcome Eric Andrews-Katz as an Attending Author to the GRNW Meet-Up in Seattle! Welcome, Eric! :D

message 32: by Eric (new)

Eric Andrews-Katz | 6 comments I'm very much looking forward to this!
Thanks.
Eric Andrews-Katz

message 33: by Tara (new)

Tara Spears | 55 comments Welcome everyone! WOW what a fantastic crowd of talent we will have all in one room! I'm going to feel rather small I think...

message 34: by ttg (last edited Jun 27, 2013 11:30PM) (new)

ttg | 571 comments Mod
Tara wrote: "Welcome everyone! WOW what a fantastic crowd of talent we will have all in one room! I'm going to feel rather small I think..."

Nah, I think we will be having too much fun. :D So many people in one room who are okay with talking about Gay Romance. I've never experienced that, so I can barely imagine. (Can't wait!)

message 35: by ttg (new)

ttg | 571 comments Mod
We happily welcome David Holly as an Attending Author to the GRNW Meet-Up in Seattle! Welcome, David!

message 36: by Morticia (new)

Morticia Knight (authormorticiaknight) | 33 comments ttg wrote: "We happily welcome David Holly as an Attending Author to the GRNW Meet-Up in Seattle! Welcome, David!"

Hi David - Looking forward to meeting you in Seattle!;-)