Harry Potter Super Freaks discussion

fiction or non fiction?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 91 comments Mod
do you prefer fiction or nonfiction? please tell me and why?

message 2: by Bronwyn (new)

Bronwyn (brownie789) | 28 comments generally fiction, but nonfiction is good if its like a STORY told from a PERSON's point of veiw, not just "In the year 1902, so and so began a University in London with BLAH BLAH BLAH

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

DEFINATELY FICTION. NONFICTION IS TOO BORING FOR ME. ALL IT IS FACTS AFTER FACTS AND THERE IS USUALLY NO FUN INVOLVED IN THE READING. YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO READ FOR FUN RIGHT? BUT THERE IS SOME NONFICTION THAT IS INTERESTING.

message 4: by Katherine (new)

that is exactly how i feel. i NEVER fall asleep while reading but um with nonfic? umm i am catching up on my ZZZZZ's

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I like both. I do love memoirs but they have to catch my interest for me to read them.

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (outlanderbookfan) | 3 comments Hello, I am new to the group. I must admit I am a history geek and will read nonfiction along with my novels. It has to be narrative and from a personal point of view.

message 7: by Bronwyn (new)

Bronwyn (brownie789) | 28 comments yes i agree.
it HAS to be a narrative and rom a personal point of veiw or it is VERY boring

message 8: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (ophelia17) | 10 comments i only like fiction unless it's like a memoir or it's a bio of someone who i love (i.e. the beatles). i love fiction because it's so interesting and it's an art! historical fiction is awesome becasue it's kinda both

message 9: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (dwell_ondreams) Generally speaking, I prefer fiction. But I do read some non-fiction, if it's a subject that interests me (like ancient history) & it seems to be well written. If it's written like a textbook, then I have no interest, but if it's more conversational I may like it.

message 10: by Katherine (new)

i have to agree with lynn. though i generally enjoy fiction if the non fiction is entreating i will generally enjoy that as well