Horror Aficionados discussion

Authors > Lois Duncan

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Salma (new)

Salma Anyone remember her books? I guess RL Stine would be a comparison, but hers were creepier, more subtle, and more mature, I think.

She ever write for grown-ups though?

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 139 comments I loved Lois Duncan! I think my favorite was Down a Dark Hall. I reread it a few years ago....and it was just as good and just as creepy! As far as I know, I don't think she wrote anything for adults, though.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 3 comments I loved Lois Duncan too! I also read RL Stine but you're right, Salma, they weren't as good. Lois Duncan and Christopher Pike were my favorites. Funny, I never realized that my tastes in genre started so young! My mom bought me a Christopher Pike book for adults one Christmas and I hated it. It actually put me to sleep and I can read in bed for hours. I think I ended up using it to press flowers instead of reading it.

message 4: by alicia (new)

alicia grant (shesha34) | 2 comments I have just started reading her actually.I had to read a preteen read for a other online bookclub and picke I Know What You Did Last Summer i liked it so starrted looking at others and they all sound good.

message 5: by Elliot (new)

Elliot (agentpanix) | 14 comments Lois Duncan always seemed to me like an unsung hero in the young adult horror genre.

I remember enjoying I Know What You Did Last Summer more than the movie, but the one book that I absolutely loved was Killing Mr. Griffin. It really captured my imagination and that specific despair where you feel helpless as things begin to unravel all around you.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 872 comments I just read a Lois Duncan book this week.

A Gift of Magic by Lois Duncan

Its not horror but it was great. Nice 'ambience'