Chic Book Chick discussion

Has anyone been watching the Nora Roberts Movies?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 129 comments Mod
Just curious if anyone had been following them and what you think?
I watched all 4, I think Tribute and High Noon were my favorites which stands to reason because of the four they were my favorite books as well. I thought they did a pretty good job with the adaptations all things considered, but as far as that goes probably the best adaptation wise was Northern Lights...

message 2: by Rachel C. (new)

Rachel C. (rachch) I have! I was a huge Nora Roberts fan a while back and literally hundreds of her books sit on my shelves.

I thought Tribute was badly miscast and wasn't crazy about the narrative device of Cilla talking to her dead grandmother to begin with. Jason Lewis was yummy, though.

High Noon was a great book and the movie was a decent adaptation but I think Duncan was more charming in print.

Of all the movies, including rebroadcasts from previous years, I think the best acting has been in Carolina Moon.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 129 comments Mod
I really liked Carolina Moon as well, and Angel's Fall...I am trying to go up to her book signing on Friday her book store is here in northern MD, don't know if it's going to happen yet though, wish me luck!

message 4: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 8 comments I watched one (can't remember the name now) and have 2 more on my DVR. I've read her books and love them. The movies have some good actors in them so that makes me want to watch too. (like Jason Lewis...yum!!)

message 5: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 12 comments Oh Amy - going to Nora's bookstore would be an event I would not miss. Let's say nothing would stop me. LOL

Yes, I did watch all of the movies, and the only one I was not that impressed with, was Midnight Bayou - I'm really not sure why I didn't care for it, but I didn't. I think I feel like they always miscast her character. Just my opinion. But I will still watch the movies. I wish they would do a mini series with one of her Trilogy movies.

Love the Janet Evanovich books. You should read them all, and book 1 & 2 might start a bit slower, but it sets the ground work. Lots of laughing out loud moments. You'll love grandma and want both Ranger and Morelli. That's all I will say.

Amy I just finished Agnes & the Hitman - good book! Laugh out loud moments in this book too.

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 129 comments Mod
I'm so glad you liked Agnes...and we're planning on going, I'm just worried I won't be able to get anywhere near her..I have no idea how busy it's going to be..there are going to be several other authors there with her

message 7: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 12 comments Girl you just work that body to the front of the line... hee hee I know you can do it! When I met Janet Evanovich, there was 900 people there, and I was able to meet her and also her daughter, so have hope. If I was closer I would nab ya and we would be a on Nora mission.

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy | 129 comments Mod
I wish you were..LOL..as it is I'm dragging my husband and kids up there because they wanted to spend the day with me for my bday...hey maybe I can use that as an angle..LOL