IAS, 6th period (Cheshire) discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
5th Six Weeks > Week 7

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika (new)

Erika (gecka8282) | 24 comments Book/Author
What kind of narrator is the book using? (unreliable, omniscient, etc.) How does that effect
the way you interpret and understand the book?

message 2: by Jordan Stewart (new)

Jordan Stewart | 16 comments The narrator is more of an adventurous type. It makes the book a little more exciting than if the narrator was just a describing whats going on with no excitement.

message 3: by Sam Kowalski (new)

Sam Kowalski | 16 comments The narrator is is also the main charter in the book. She is taking over the role of her father who was the the leader of their town. So she really set a mature tone for the book.

Sabrina Leal- Diaz | 18 comments omniscient:
It makes me aware of what's going on, what's going to happen next, and how something is going to start or end. And I know what the story is always telling me, I never get confused or lost.

message 5: by Celvin (new)

Celvin | 6 comments The Author is using the main character as the narrator so while the story goes on we see the story unravel through his voice.

message 6: by Joel Johnson (new)

Joel Johnson | 14 comments the narrator in my book is a documentary type narrator, like Morgan freeman in the march of the penguins. It makes things easier to understand cause its information being given.

message 7: by aaron morales (new)

aaron morales (what-it-dew) | 25 comments catcher and the rye
The narrator is the main character in the book so it helps me feel whats Holden is going threw by the way he describes his experiences.

Jonathan Schneider | 13 comments The Way of Shadows - Brent Weeks

The narrator in this book follows the main character (not physically, but throughout the story), then as the book progresses, beging to follow the main character and his teacher, switching between the two.

The narrator acts as he is just going along with what the characters do. If something unexpected happens to the characters along the way, words like "suddenly" and things like that are thrown in.

message 9: by Matt Caballero (new)

Matt Caballero (mattc) | 13 comments the narration of the book is very intense and descriptive, it gives very detailed and precise information on many different deaths and dying situations.

message 10: by Scout Mason (new)

Scout Mason | 25 comments Hatchet/Gary Paulsen
The narrative perspective is reliable and trustworthy. It emits his thoughts and feelings, what he knows, what he likes through the eyes of the main character, Brian. The narrator gives his thoughts and actions as the come about, and he does not know the future or anybody elses thoughts. It only focuses on one, Brian.

message 11: by Shelby Carroll (new)

Shelby Carroll | 29 comments Watchmen/Alan Moore
The narrator in Watchmen is a character whom which has taken on the role of many key figures. I would say the narration in Watchmen is informative and cunning in the sense that you have to actually think and ask yourself "What if?". Watchmen is based on not just one main char but several. Many would say that this makes the story jumpy or does not allow the reader to fully indulge themselves in one character but this actually opens up many portals to which people can relate and enjoy numerous characters within this novel.

message 12: by David, Lopez (new)

David, Lopez | 5 comments The narrator in " The Autobiography of a L.A gang member is really detailed, he gives a lot of detail and makes you feel like your actually there. But the reason why he gives so much detail is because the stories he tells in the book are real life stories of when he was a kid being jumped into the "Gang life"

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.