Anne Rice vs Charlaine Harris vs Stephenie Meyers discussion

Which vampire type is the best one?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana (new)

Diana Gligor (DianaGligor) | 5 comments Mod
Even if the vampires created by the three authors have a lot of differences, there still a lot of things which connects them. We have the Anne Rice type which is much darker type, a cruel type and in my opinion much closer to how I imagine them to be. Then we have the Charlaine Harris type, much more addapted to the every day human life, and of course the Stephenie Meyers type of the vampires who exceed their own limits and even go beyond the classic vampire type, beining eliminated a lot of the features we have come to know (night creatures, with the fear for daylight, garlic, silver, churches, crosses etc). Which one of the three types do you consider to be the best one?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I think the Anne Rice's kind of vampire is the best. Like you said, it's more closer than I imagine them to be. Cruel, dark and blood drinkers:x

message 3: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 3 comments My choice would be Stephenie Meyer`s kind of vampire. If they really would exist that long, they would be very smart and by now they would have invented some kind of lotion for their skin or something. They would drink bagged blood…this for the good ones and for the vampires who vent rogue they would have some laws or something…So yeah, I`m for the modern vampires.

message 4: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 4 comments I love them all. Anne Rice introduced us to the cruelty yet passion of vampires, whereas I appreciate the calculated depths of the Harris vamps, but i also enjoy te forward thinking of the subject by stephanie meyer. I can only say to which author I have a favorite. Eric for his complexity, Lestat for is voracity, and Carlisle for his compassion.

Anne Rice vs Charlaine Harris vs Stephenie Meyers

unread topics | mark unread