Movies We've Just Watched discussion

27 Dresses

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie | 25 comments I thought this was a fun, cute movie. This movie is not a guy film at all and my husband literally retched at a couple of scenes (He latere admitted that he might have just been naturally feeling sick).

There were some men in the theater but it was mostly filled with single women who were loving every minute of it. I was gagging at some of the cheesy ohhs, ahhs and "right on's" by some of the women in the theater.

It had canned moments and it's fair share of cheesiness but overall I really liked it and am now a big fan of Katherine Heigl's. She is adorable!

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I just got back from this movie about 10 minutes ago. I loved it. Katherine Heigl was great and I think every woman in the theatre is now a little bit in love with James Marsden.

B-b-b-benny and the Jets!

message 3: by Miss (new)

Miss | 7 comments Hi y'all. I just joined the group. I 'liked' the movie. Didn't love it, but I got a kick out of parts of it, like the bar scene where Heigl and Marsden sang Benny and the Jets ~ I especially loved the made up lyrics. Fun movie. I saw it last night with my mom, and it was definitely a chick flick. :)

message 4: by Kai (new)

Kai (ky02121) | 51 comments I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
The theater was so packed, my friends and I had fun. It made 27 mil over the 4 Day weekend.

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Ladd (AshleyLadd) | 13 comments Spoilerish:

Hubby took me to see this one for our 28th anniversary. We both really enjoyed it and now I have a crush on James Marsden.

Some of those dresses were WAY out there, weren't they? Her sister was quite a spoiled bitch, too.

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa my 14 year old daughter and i found it the perfect little 'divertisement.'