The Drawing of the Three
This topic is about The Drawing of the Three
Dark Tower Series > Doors and The Dark Tower

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie | 2585 comments Mod
Love this question:

If you could have a door with your name on it (like the one's in the novels), what place or time would you like to be after going through the door?

Mine would say THE GAMER and it would take me to a place that had video games galor! And I could play 24/7!

Stacie (stacieh) Angie wrote: "Love this question:

If you could have a door with your name on it (like the one's in the novels), what place or time would you like to be after going through the door? "

I think mine would say THE READER and it would open up into the perfect library- every book that has ever been- or ever will be- written all organized and waiting for me. With lots of natural light, comfy chairs and couches. Oh, and maybe a butler to bring me snacks and endless cups of tea (don't ask me why my perfect library has a butler and not a librarian... it just does, LOL).

message 3: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam oooh I love this questions too ... (not a list in sight!) ... but I'm going to need to ponder this some ... I'll get back to ya

Rachel | 701 comments Sam - the Aussie arsehole wrote: "oooh I love this questions too ... (not a list in sight!) ... but I'm going to need to ponder this some ... I'll get back to ya

"

I'm with Sam, this is gonna require some thought.

Jaice Cooperrider (plasborgma) | 114 comments Stacie wrote: "I think mine would say THE READER and it would open up into the perfect library- every book that has ever been- or ever will be- written all organized and waiting for me. With lots of natural light, comfy chairs and couches. Oh, and maybe a butler to bring me snacks and endless cups of tea (don't ask me why my perfect library has a butler and not a librarian... it just does, LOL)."

How about a librarian butler, Stacie, who knows everything and so can explain anything you did not understand in a book? Yours sounds almost perfect to me too, but aging would need to cease, like in a time bubble. Of course, my room would have many additions to your scenario.

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna | 64 comments Mine would say "Memories" and it would open into the best scrapbooking room/retreat--I would have every fun tool and paper available to me(never running out)--a place I could run away to and play forever!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Mine would say Dreamer, and it would take me into the world 1 million or 100 million years into the future, so I could see what life has turned into.

message 8: by GracieKat (new)

GracieKat | 67 comments Angie wrote: Mine would say THE GAMER and it would take me to a place that had video games galor! And I could play 24/7!

Hey! You stole mine! Just kidding, but yeah, that's probably where I would be too.

Trudi (trudistafford) | 150 comments First off, what's wrong with lists? I love lists! LOL especially the annotated ones. Secondly, Stacie you are a girl after my own heart -- that sounds like a purrrr-fect room, all I would add would be a cat. And since I'm a librarian in real life, I certainly wouldn't want another of me around... butler will do just fine ... how about Jason Statham? (me-ow)

So what would my door say since THE READER has been taken...well, how about THE MUSICIAN and every time you opened the door you stepped into the crowd of a live performance of one of your favourite artists? I'm thinking Lyle Lovett, then Lucinda Williams, some Pearl Jam (of course!), Tragically Hip, Fred J. Eaglesmith, John Mellencamp, John Fogerty...oh the list is long, what a magical door! I just realized I've turned my response into a list...whoops!

message 10: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie | 2585 comments Mod
Grace we could play games together! What's Halo without a VS mode?

message 11: by GracieKat (new)

GracieKat | 67 comments Lol, I wish I had an X-Box. I'll have to make do with the PS2 and Wii until I can get either a PS3 or 360.

Stacie (stacieh) Trudi wrote: "First off, what's wrong with lists? I love lists! LOL especially the annotated ones. Secondly, Stacie you are a girl after my own heart -- that sounds like a purrrr-fect room, all I would add would..."

Yes, after I posted I thought about cats... with all those comfy chairs and couches and natural light there would definitely be at least one cat! I can think of two right now that have died and I miss terribly- they would be in my perfect room (and because it's a perfect room they would not interpose their heads/tails/bodies in between me and the book I was trying to read, LOL)

Trudi (trudistafford) | 150 comments LOL, I hear you Stacie!

message 14: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam still thinkin' about this one ...