The Melody Carlson Book Club discussion

Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 5 comments Mod
So as a starting topic, what does everyone think of Caitlin as a character? To perfect, or just right?

message 2: by Jordan (last edited Jan 25, 2008 10:31AM) (new)

Jordan I'm afraid I have nothing to say since I have not read any books with Caitlin. :(

message 3: by Danielle (new)

we'll if you're going to be that way, then what do you think of Kim, Miss Anne?

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily Love (love-to-reed) Can I answer the original character?
I loved her. She is in a lot of ways, the opposite of me, and it's always fun to read about what I wish I could be more like. Her struggles definitely were real, and the fact that she struggles with high and mightiness is amazingly funny and true to me.
So, I just jumped in right there.

message 5: by Jordan (new)

Jordan woops! I totally didn't know you replied to my post....and now that I am here to answer, I've forgotten what her character's like! All I can say is that I like how she follows her gut and instinct. I read the book over a year ago so I've forgotten a lot.

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily Love (love-to-reed) it's one of those books I remember for some reason

Melody [not just some girl you can sway] (melo-chan) She's cool. I like her. She's one of Melody's characters... need I say more?

LOL, my name is Melody, also.

message 8: by Danielle (new)

Yeah she is. She's from the first series of Diary of a Teenage Girl.

These are my favorite Christian books ever... mostly cause they don't feel that preachy I guess :P and yet they have that message there. It's lovely.

Melody [not just some girl you can sway] (melo-chan) I totally agree with you... a lot of Christian lit is preachy, and it doesn't apply to real life, but her books do.

message 10: by Danielle (new)

They really do. Which is your favorite? I'm personally a Caitlin/Chloe fan for the Diary of a Teenage Girl books, and then I truly love the Notes From a Spinning Planet books as well.

Melody [not just some girl you can sway] (melo-chan) Chloe or Maya. I started reading the first Maya book, and it is really good. Maya is a pretty hard-core green-girl, and I try to be green, and I'm also considering becoming at least semi-vegetarian. I couldn't stand being vegan, though. Most of the dairy and egg stuff I have I know where it comes from... Our milk, straight off our neighbors dairy farm (STILL with the cream, yum!) and we have chickens.

message 12: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (SandyCrow) | 13 comments Hey, anyone here still get on? :)

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 2 comments Hey! I havn't read the books about Caitlin yet I have only read the first book in the Maya series :-D

message 14: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (SandyCrow) | 13 comments Oh. All I read is the Caitlin series. I own all five. AAAAAAH IT ROCKS!!! I wish our library had the Chloe books.

message 15: by Danielle (new)

The Chloe books are my favorite! But I love Caitlin also (:

message 16: by Faith (new)

Faith Smith (Faith38) | 10 comments I've only read the 1st Caitlin book, but already I'm hooked. I love it!!!! It captures your heart, and pulls you into the book. :-)

message 17: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (SandyCrow) | 13 comments I KNOW!!! IT SO DOES!!! I'M SO CRAZY ABOUT THAT SERIES I STARTED TELLING ALL SORTS OF PEOPLE ON GOODREADS ABOUT IT!!! :)

message 18: by Faith (new)

Faith Smith (Faith38) | 10 comments I could not stop reading it!!!!! I was really surprised when Clay died though. :-( It was really abrupt and unexpected.

message 19: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (SandyCrow) | 13 comments I know! And I was like, "WAIT A MINUTE - NO - HE'S TOO AWESOME TO DIE - WHAT'S CAITLIN GONNA DO WITHOUT AN AWESOME YOUTH PASTOR!!!" Theeeeen she survives anyway :) So do you have the next book?

message 20: by Faith (new)

Faith Smith (Faith38) | 10 comments I'm gonna start reading it Tuesday. I AM SO EXCITED!!!! :-)

message 21: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (SandyCrow) | 13 comments Cool! Did you buy it or get it from the library? Our library only had the second book, so I had to buy the rest to read them - but it was wooooorth it! :)

message 22: by Faith (new)

Faith Smith (Faith38) | 10 comments Library. I want to make sure I like a book before I buy it. I'm going to start saving up for the 1st one!!! :-)

message 23: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (SandyCrow) | 13 comments Cool. Wow, does your library have the whole series? Since Melody Carlson is Christian, I've found her books are usually hard to get without buying them… (haha I keep asking you questions)

message 24: by Faith (new)

Faith Smith (Faith38) | 10 comments Haha, ya, I don't know why they have them, they just do. :-)

message 25: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (SandyCrow) | 13 comments :O Do you go to the Library of Congress or something?

message 26: by Faith (new)

Faith Smith (Faith38) | 10 comments No. It's a public library.

message 27: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (SandyCrow) | 13 comments haha I figured