Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Friday Questions > Question #36: Worthy Sidekicks

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danine (new)

Danine (dulcemea) Name a "sidekick" character from a book who in your opinion is worthy enough to be the main hero. Do you think they deserve their own spin-off story?

Sorry for delay in posting this question. I had a family emergency. Thanks Dini for the question!

message 2: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin (kraaivrouw) He's not really a sidekick, but I've always thought that Edward from the Anita Blake books should get his own book. He sort of did in Obsidian Butterfly, but I'd like a book with just him & no Anita & her dramas.

message 3: by Alycia (new)

Alycia (alyciac) Suzy Turquoise Blue from Garth Nix's The Keys to Kingdom comes to mind. I don't recall what her original position was, but she rockets up to Girl Friday and General. By the third book, she is pretty much running things for the main character, and by the sixth I'm pretty sure she has more of a clue than he does.

message 4: by Mary Todd (new)

Mary Todd (marytodd) | 924 comments Hawk from the Spenser mysteries or Ranger from the Plum ones. I adore both of them.

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily | 7 comments Pantalaimon from His Dark Materials trilogy. I want to know what he REALLY thinks about all or Lyra's shenanigans. I'd also love to know more about the world of the Daemons.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Most of the books I read are series' books so everyone ends up getting their own story. BUT, that said, I would love to see Kyle and "Sunny" from The Host get their own story. They had a small part in The Host, but to me the storyline for them has so much potential.

message 7: by Tina (new)

Tina (bibliomama11) Chances are if the series/character/author is popular enough, other incarnations of it will manifest in fan fiction. Heck, take a stab at writing it yourself!

message 8: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (leshug) Sampson from the Alex Cross series by James Patterson.

message 9: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (aviendha) | 88 comments Caitlin wrote: "He's not really a sidekick, but I've always thought that Edward from the Anita Blake books should get his own book. He sort of did in Obsidian Butterfly, but I'd like a book with jus..."

I totally agree w/ you, Caitlin!

message 10: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 36 comments Diana Barry, the best friend and "kindred spirit" of Anne Shirley in "Anne of Green Gables." Anne's loyal and lovely pal, who tells her that "being smart is better than being pretty."