Ratebeer Readers discussion

1 view
To-read folder

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (new)

William (acknud) I am beginning to think my to-read folder will rapidly overtake my read folder! This site has opened new avenues for me and provided me with untold reading suggestions. I currently have 42 books on my pda and many more that I will need to add. I guess I won't cease to have a book in my hand for a very long time!

message 2: by Jay (new)

Jay Garcia (jayg) My to-read folder will be several times larger than my read folder when I'm finished. I had a couple of Word files where I jotted down books I had heard about or read about that I was interested in. That's why I like the site - I can just log on and add the book to my list and be done with it.

But while looking around I see books that I've read and forgotten about, and I add them then.

How big is the screen on your pda that you can read books on it? I don't think I'd be capable. Although I am curious about the Kindle.

message 3: by Muzzlehatch (new)

Muzzlehatch | 168 comments I keep a "to read" list on Excel, have for many years. It's over 300; don't know if I will bother adding most of those here or not, since some I'm definitely not going to get to for a decade, if ever...

message 4: by grantonio (last edited Jan 19, 2008 01:27PM) (new)

grantonio | 24 comments So many things to read, never enough time. I have kept a textpad file for several years. I add things faster than I can cross them off, for sure.

message 5: by William (new)

William (acknud) I use a HP iPAQ RX1950 Pocket PC. It has a 3.5" color screen. I have a 1 gig sd card in it so storage is not a problem. Long battery life and easy to curl up with. The screen is backlit so I don't bother the missus. It is a Windows based machine so there are many programs available. I don't like the fact that this model won't sync with my Vista machine but has no problem with XP. Kindle looks too big and I don't know what format the books are in.