Let's All Write STORIES!!! discussion

Just Fantasy > Ches

Comments Showing 1-50 of 122 (122 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Cathisen slowly circled his opponent, the man in front of him was at least three times his size. With glowing red eyes and dark armor covering his entire body, he was more than an average thug. Intimidating as well as purely terrifying it took Cath's every bit of willpower not to panic and start hacking away at the thing.

message 2: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments ((Why are you staring so many NEW stories? Why not finish the old ones? ...Just a thought.))

message 3: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ((Cause I'm already way too far behind, and it's more of a try at purging the problem.))

message 4: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments ((oh.))

message 5: by Koori no hi (new)

Koori no hi now Cathisen needed a way out. His skill may give him some chance against this hulking brute in front of him, but he didn't feel confident about it. He just wanted to run away, but how to get away without being attacked by him from behind?

message 6: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Slowly he edged a little farther to put distance between him and the enemy. Barely he brought up his sword in time to parry a great sword thrust that threw him off balance and sent great tremors up his arm. Pulling away he caught a glance of a notch in his blade, the dark armored man was incredibly strong too.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) ((im debating whether or not to post something in this one... but i dont really understand the story...))

message 8: by Kataury (new)

Kataury ((it's one that just started so no one really knows yet. Just tossed something out there for people to work with.))

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellerobins) ((well, yeah, but still...))

message 10: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments How in the name of sheets was he going to get away and warn everyone without getting killed by the monster first?
Cold fear squeezed his heart.
If I die, no one will know of the trouble awaiting us. I'm the last messager...If I die, all is lost.

message 11: by Koori no hi (last edited Apr 17, 2009 05:48PM) (new)

Koori no hi ((Ok peoples what is he warning others about? Give me something like that & I might be able 2 work w/ it. I have no clue what to do here...))

message 12: by Janeen-san (last edited Apr 18, 2009 07:32AM) (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments ((Well, I just made something up...He is a messager of the Golden Warriors, coming to warn his fellows of a prophcey he overheard an old witch mention in his travels across the Empire....something like that?))

message 13: by Koori no hi (last edited Apr 24, 2009 05:30PM) (new)

Koori no hi ((Sounds good, Janeen-chan))
The giant in black armor matched his movement, stepping forward at the same time Cathisen stepped back. suddenly there was an earsplitting GOOOONNNGGGG filling the room.from behind the giant a small figure darted and grabbed the wrist above Cathisen's sword hand. "Come on! Run!" a girl's voice called out as she dragged him toward the door.
((OK, IT says room, but imagine more like the entrance hall of a castle. and I think she took a metal candlestick and hit the helmet of the one guy with it. that would explain the noise and she could be like a slave there who was looking for a chance to escape))

message 14: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments ((yeah!!))

message 15: by Koori no hi (new)

Koori no hi running suddenly from the darkened hall, into bright sunlight, all the while being hauled by the wrist by a stranger was too much. Cathisen jerked back and snarled, "What's going on!"

message 16: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments "No time to explain!" the girl panted.

message 17: by Koori no hi (new)

Koori no hi she tugged on his arm, but Cathisen refused to move. "What is this?"
"I"ll explain as soon as we get away!" she was really desperate. "Come on!"
Cathisen heard the tone of danger in her high pitched voice & started running alongside the young girl.
((I'm thinking 11 or 12 years old))

message 18: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments ((ditto))

message 19: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments "WHAT?!" he said again, confused. "What's the big deal--"
She grabbed his hand and ran faster.

message 20: by Koori no hi (new)

Koori no hi They ran for what seemed like ages. the girl pulling on his arm finally, after his side cramping and his feet were practically numb, the girl stopped. VERY abruptly. then she collapsed onto the ground panting.
Cathisen was unable to say anything becaues he couldn't seem to get enough air he lay down too. Eventually, the girl jumped up and stood over him. "Thank you Sooo much!" she said fervently, her eyes shining.

message 21: by Kataury (new)

Kataury He yelped at the sudden burst of enthusiasm, "Wh-what? What do you mean? What did I do?"

message 22: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments He gazed at her, confused. "What...thank you for what?"

message 23: by Koori no hi (last edited May 22, 2009 11:40AM) (new)

Koori no hi ((OK... u guys posted the same thing.))
"Giving me a chance to escape, baka. I can't believe I'm really out!" her face changed suddenly. She said in a terror stricken voice, "They'll be on the hunt for me now, and u 2. We have to get farther away." She was pulling Cathisen to his feet again.
"OK, OK. I can walk on my own. Who are you and why were you trying to get away from there?"
"I saved u. U tell me first."
He sighed. "My name is Cathisen Guttard, and I thought it looked like a wealthy place to look at."
"In English that means you're a thief." Cathisen scowled. "Well I guess I have to tell you now. I'm Ches, formerly slave #136."
Cathisen looked at the girl, "Ches? don't you have a last name?"
She smiled a little girl smile at him. Nope. I decided I didn't want my name to be #136 my whole life and I think Ches sounds nice. How old are you you look all grown up?"
This girl switches between emotions too quickly, Cathisen thought, It's making me dizzy. "18" he answered.
"Oh," she sighed, suddenly sad looking. Then smiling again, "I'm 10. You can be my onisan!"
"What?"
"My big brother, baka!"

message 24: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments "Big brother," Cathisen muttered, "Sure."

message 25: by Koori no hi (new)

Koori no hi Ches skipped through the forest exclaiming delightedly over everything she saw moving in the sunlit branches. the sky seemed to be darkening over the trees, and Cathisen still couldn't figure out where they were in relation to the road. He was only slightly worried. they were bound to came out of the forest sometime, what he didn't like was that it was probably gonna start raining, (He wished he could actually see the sky to look at the clouds) and now there were bound to be slave catchers after them too. He sighed.
Ches turned around and said "What's wrong, Onisan?" She looked terribly worried, a complete shift from the happy/uncaring little girl she was just seconds before.
"Nothing," Cathisen said, wondering about her strange accent and what she was calling him.

message 26: by Koori no hi (new)

Koori no hi ((sorry, I went overboard...))

message 27: by Kataury (new)

Kataury (('s alright, you did good.))
"Well, something looks wrong. And why do you keep looking at the sky?"

message 28: by Koori no hi (new)

Koori no hi "I think it might rain, but I can't see the clouds to check" he answered her.
"Oh... It won't rain." she grinned.
"How do you know that?"
"I won't let it rain on us!" Ches giggled. "I don't like being wet when I'm trying to sleep at night. Cause we have to sleep out here in the woods right, Onisan?"
Cathisen was more confused than ever now. "Umm, yeah."

message 29: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments dragon_eyes wrote: "Ches skipped through the forest exclaiming delightedly over everything she saw moving in the sunlit branches. the sky seemed to be darkening over the trees, and Cathisen still couldn't figure out w..."

((that was fine))

message 30: by Koori no hi (last edited Jun 03, 2009 08:09PM) (new)

Koori no hi "How much farther do we have to go till we get to a safe place to sleep?" Ches asked him, then she yawned.
"Not long" he answered. in fact he saw a clump of ferns up ahead of them that would hide them from any slave catchers, thief bounty hunters, or dark soldiers who might pass by.

that night they slept well and in the morning they got up to start traveling again. Cathisen had decided on his destination.

message 31: by Kataury (new)

Kataury "So... if we continue East then we might be able to get to the camp before they head out." Cathisen explained.

message 32: by Koori no hi (new)

Koori no hi "Why is it so important that we go to this camp? I don't want to go to some army base." Ches was in full pout mode now.
Cathisen sighed, I have to tell someone something. A secret I found out from your former owner, it has to be told to the Golden Army. It's important."
"But it's an army it'll be full of men." She looked truly terrified now now.
"So?" Cathisen asked. Then he looked at her and realized what she meant. he sighed again. "Just stay close to me. I'll protect you." The girl smiled radiently.

message 33: by Koori no hi (new)

Koori no hi ((That wasn't anything I shouldn't have put was it? If it was I'll delete it))

message 34: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments ((It sounded fine to me, but I don't know what 2 add! I'm sooo sorry I haven't been posting on any of the stories!))

message 35: by Kataury (new)

Kataury "Besides, it's not like you'll be the only girl present. Madame Calena is a very adept cleric, she'll fend the men off from you if worse comes to worse."

message 36: by Cale_Steps (new)

Cale_Steps | 198 comments The girl looked up again at Cathisen, and he finally met her glance and examined her cheek bones, so fragile they glinted in the sun, and her eyes! So blue, like the deepest ocean. As they peereed back at him, Cath caught a shimmer of adoration and affection, the feeling one might retrieve from a babay sister. Her hair curled at the ends, cupping toward her face, her blond streaks mixed in well with the cofee roots she naturally was born with. Her skin was dark, much darker then Cath's.

message 37: by Koori no hi (new)

Koori no hi Still, she did remind him of the little sister he used to have... until she was killed in a raid by the dark soldiers on their village.
"You won't have to worry about anything." He smiled. "We'll get there around noon tomorrow, then I'll give someone my info and we can leave. Okay?"
Ches smiled rariently and nodded.

message 38: by Cale_Steps (new)

Cale_Steps | 198 comments It had only been about 3o minutes of walking sluggishly through the dark, damp forests when Ches said she was sure she heard something russtle the leaves up by the oak. Cath neglected the thought that there was someone ambushing them and he instead proposed that a squirrel had just dropped a nut.

message 39: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments "But I heard something!!" Ches whined. "I really did!"

message 40: by Cale_Steps (new)

Cale_Steps | 198 comments Cath gave Ches a reassuring look, but he was met with a glance of worry. Slowly and exasperatedly, Cath bent over and picked up a lumpish rock. He thrust it at the branches where Ches calimed to have heard noise.

Nothing.

"See I told you, Ches! It was just a squi-"
Cath was cut short by a fierce trembling hum that shook the whole forest floor.

"OH CATH! YOU'VE UPSET IT!!!"
"UPSET WHAT!!!?" Cath frantically shouted searching the woods for some kind of rabid squirrel.

message 41: by Koori no hi (new)

Koori no hi "You shouldn't throw rocks at monsters, Onisan. COME ON!" she yelled. just like she had before, Ches grabbed Cathisen's hand and pulled him away from the vibrating growl. there was just one problem with that: it followed them. they could hear something crashing through the forest behind them.

message 42: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments "Monsters?!" he yelled.

message 43: by Cale_Steps (last edited Jun 13, 2009 03:19PM) (new)

Cale_Steps | 198 comments "Don't tell me theres a giant squirrel following us!" He whined, not ready to let go of the idea that the noise had been as simple as a squirrel and its nut.

message 44: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments "Worse!" yelled the girl.

message 45: by Cale_Steps (new)

Cale_Steps | 198 comments "WHAT do YOU mean!!!!" Cath screamed, stopping in his tracks. "I mean, you're what..eight years old? Why do you know everything about this world..the monsters..no wait..it can't be..there are no such thing as monsters!"

message 46: by Koori no hi (last edited Jul 20, 2009 10:32AM) (new)

Koori no hi Ches turned around and looked at him standing there. He was confused and scared and she knew he wouldn't move until either that thing following them attacked or she explained. "Onisan," she was mad now too, "How can you hear that noise and not believe something is there. You told me yourself that there are never any bears or wolves in this forest! Just trust me! I know things that other 10 year olds don't know! I'm not normal, and trouble seeks me out, so you just have to trust me if you want to get away from it!" She was screaming at him.
Suddenly Cathisen knew some things for certain. 1) the rumors about the dark armies creating twisted together creatures were terribly true 2) Ches was involved in all this somehow 3) this little girl needed someone to help her. He decided he was the person who would.

message 47: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments "What do you mean you're not noraml?" A ear-splitting roar rang throughout the forest and they both began to run again. "Why are you so differnet? And why, for sheet's sake, are you calling me Onisan?"

message 48: by Cale_Steps (last edited Jun 14, 2009 03:43PM) (new)

Cale_Steps | 198 comments Cath stopped, relieving a huge breath into the dusky daylight. He heard the monster now. So close, its feet hammered on the packed sand with a thudding beat. Almost like beeping. He watched Ches running, no longer waiting for him, her hair streamed behind her as she dodged trees in the forest.

"Goodbye Onisan. Don't forget me. This place is different than it seems. The world is darker than it appears. We will get through all of this." Cath heard through the whispers of the forests. Almost clear to him he understood the sounds came from Ches, her mouth barely open and her words barely audible.

Just before the monster crashed down onto the poor helpless boy, real life returned to him.

He jumped out of bed, and glided over to the night stand, putting the alarm to sleep. He wiped the sweat from hid brow. He looked around his sorroundings, realization flooding into him as his color returned to his pale cheeks. It was just a dream. Or so he thought. But..Ches, she was real. She had to be.

message 49: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) | 855 comments ((ALL THAT WAS JUST A DREAM?!?!?!?!!?))

message 50: by Cale_Steps (new)

Cale_Steps | 198 comments ((well i thot it cud be but then it turns out to b more real than just a dream...like more of a message or even the future..))

« previous 1 3