Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
BE (Archived) > #2 Let the Exchange Begin! 04-10-09

Comments Showing 1-50 of 86 (86 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Jun 13, 2009 03:31PM) (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
Here are your names!!!! You have Until MAY 30th to make/buy a bookmark and send it to your chosen person

I will be sending out addresses throughout today.

Sender -> Reciever

Tricia -> Jessi - Mailed
Jessi -> Holly - Mailed
Kathryn -> Yz - Received
Shanon -> DarkHeart - Received
Yz ->Lisamarie - Mailed
BriansGirl -> Jennifer - Mailed
Nichole -> Jamie - Received
Sarah -> Nichole - Received
Barbara -> Michelle - Received
Erica -> Barbara -
Jamie -> Sarah - Received
Jennifer -> Kathryn - Mailed
DarkHeart -> BriansGirl - Received
Lisamarie -> Tricia - Received
Holly -> Erica -
Michelle -> Shanon - Received

Until I can mail out information (addresses etc) you can refer to this thread for specific info on your chosen giftee.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Got my partner. Thanks. Now to look up what she likes. :)

message 3: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) I'm excited DarkHeart - I have a great idea for a bookmark for you. Now let's see if my vision & my abilities are in line with each other... off to the store this week to get the supplies :)

message 4: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Ok so I cant send out private messages! It tells me I have reached my max for the day even tho I haven t sent any out at all today /sigh

So bear with me guys, I will send out the addresses as soon as I can! :D

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

that is weird...

message 6: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

ya :( Not sure whats up but I seem to be totally locked out from messaging today.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments Maybe GR is doing something on their end? I was locked out all together for part of Friday because it said my session timed out.

message 8: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) I sent you a PM Tricia to see if you can reply :)

message 9: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Sigh ok sent out 1 address and now I am locked again :(

Damn it.. this is pissing me off

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 168 comments Shanon wrote: "I'm excited DarkHeart - I have a great idea for a bookmark for you. Now let's see if my vision & my abilities are in line with each other... off to the store this week to get the supplies :)"

=) Ooh... sounds exciting! I'm looking forward to the finished product!

message 11: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

All addresses have been sent! I am human, however, so if you find that I sent you wrong info please let me know! :D

message 12: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Also, please post here with information on when you will be sending out the bookmark. (or if you dont know before hand its ok just post when you actually sent it out.)

I have the bookmark in hand and will be sending it out in the next couple of days :D

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments Nichole,

I finished your bookmark today! I should be able to send it out sometime next week--probably Monday afternoon. I hope you like it.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I mailed mine off to Jennifer today. Hope it won't take long to arrive since it's only going one state over.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I was thinking of doing something Arthurian since you have such a large shelf for that, with many left to be read. But I couldn't find anything.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Sarah, I'm sure I'll love it. I'm so excited!
Jamie, I got the stuff to make yours today. All I'm going to say is that I'm very sorry you have to bear the brunt of my attempts at craft making... though if I screw it up too badly I'll go buy something. :)
Hopefully it'll turn out okay! I'm excited to make it.

message 17: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (last edited Apr 18, 2009 04:21PM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I had quite a few cross stitch charts for Arthurian or medieval themes, but none small enough to use as a bookmark. lol I thought it would have made a nice surprise, but couldn't pull it off. :o(

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) One knight in armor is about it but it's still a big bookmark and ALOT of stitching.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 168 comments Okay, BriansGirl, yours has been ordered, and will hopefully get to me next week and then I'll repackage and send it off to you. ;)

Jamie ~ Bad Boy Inspector (jamie_badboyinspector) Nichole wrote: "Sarah, I'm sure I'll love it. I'm so excited!
Jamie, I got the stuff to make yours today. All I'm going to say is that I'm very sorry you have to bear the brunt of my attempts at craft making... t..."

Nicole, I am sure I will love it! I love homemade things. I can't wait to see it.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) DarkHeart wrote: "Okay, BriansGirl, yours has been ordered, and will hopefully get to me next week and then I'll repackage and send it off to you. ;)"

Okay, I can't wait. :0)

message 22: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathry) Yz, I bought your bookmark today and will send it out tomorrow. I hope you like it! It's a little different, at least compared to boomarks I own, and I hope it makes you smile :)

message 23: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Jessi yours went out in the mail today :D I hope you like it!

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments I did get yours in the mail today, Nichole. It's on the way!

message 25: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathry) I know I'll love it Jennifer!!:)

message 26: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 232 comments Kathryn,

I'm looking forward to receiving it.

I haven't shop for mine yet...so I'm asking my giftee for a little patience..it will be rewarded..LOL

message 27: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Yup Yup everyone has until May 30th. So please no one freak out yet about not getting one soon :)

message 28: by Jessi (new)

Jessi  (jessim) ♥Tricia♥ wrote: "Jessi yours went out in the mail today :D I hope you like it!"

Cool I can't wait!!

Holly I will probably get yours mailed next week.

message 29: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Lisamarie I got my bookmarks today!!

Not only did I get more then 1, but they were all handmade and awesome! The card you made was very pretty as well!

I love them! My favorite is the Marvin the Martian one! :D

Thank you! :D

message 30: by Jessi (new)

Jessi  (jessim) Tricia, I received mine today. I love it!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. It is beautiful. :)

message 31: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

I was hoping you would like it :D Am so glad you did!

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Sarah, I got my bookmark today.
Oh my gosh, I loooove it! It's perfect! I'm almost afraid to use it, it's so pretty... (but don't worry, I will!)

Thanks so much!!!!!!

message 33: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (lifeasabooknerd) Okay, Shanon...yours in going into the mailbox in 10 minutes. I hope you like it...don't be surprised if its not the greatest bookmark ever, its the first of its kind that I've ever made!

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 276 comments Yay! I'm glad you like it, Nichole. I had to find just the *perfect* turtle for you. :)

message 35: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) Michelle wrote: "Okay, Shanon...yours in going into the mailbox in 10 minutes. I hope you like it...don't be surprised if its not the greatest bookmark ever, its the first of its kind that I've ever made! "

I can't wait!

message 36: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathry) Oh wow Jennifer! I got my bookmark and I absolutely truly love it! I love Halloween and the bookmark is perfect! All of the beads on it are so cute and I especially love the little skull:) And the card was really cute too! It's so wonderful to get a surprise in the mail! Thank you so much!

message 37: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathry) Yz, sorry I got your bookmark sent off a little later than I'd planned but it's on the way! Hope you like it!

message 38: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 232 comments No problem, Kathryn. Looking forward to receiving it.

message 39: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathry) None of the beads were broken. Thanks for packing it extra carefully. I'm using it now and everytime I look at it, it makes me smile:) I didn't have any others like it which makes it extra special:)

message 40: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ Tricia you have noted in message #1 that Michelle received her bookmark from Barbara. I think you've mismarked this as I haven't even mail it yet.

Michelle, I will be putting your bookmark in the mail tomorrow. Hopefully you will like it.

message 41: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Doh sorry I will fix!

message 42: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (lifeasabooknerd) Thanks Barbara -- can't wait to see it!

message 43: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) Michelle - I got my bookmark today. It looked like it had quite the adventure in the mail system but arrived safely in a little protective plastic bag. The bookmark is adorable - I love the black & pink together! Thank you so much!

Darkheart, I bought the stuff to make your bookmark but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I ended up going to about 4 different craft stores and bought something new at each one. Now I have too many cute things & need to narrow it down. I'll get it made this weekend and sent out ASAP. Sorry for the wait.

message 44: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (lifeasabooknerd) Gosh, I hate our post office. It had been awhile since I sent it, so I was a little worried that something might have "gone wrong", which seems to happen all the time out here in good old Blythe. I'm glad it made it to you and I hope it wasn't messed up...it sucks when you make something and the post office ruins it. I hope it takes you to many fun and interesting pages.......

message 45: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 232 comments Kathryn,

I got mine today, and I love the little kitties. Pretty colors, too. This is the first time I will be using a bookmark with magnets so it will be fun.

Thanks and I love it.

Lisamarie:

I haven't gotten yours yet, but I planned to do that tomorrow on my day off, and will mail it next week.

Happy weekend everyone.

message 46: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathry) I'm glad you like it. I haven't used magnets either but I've heard people mention them on here and I was hoping that you hadn't used them!

message 47: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 232 comments I dropped Lisamarie's bookmark today. Hope you'll like it.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 168 comments Okay, BriansGirl, I ordered your bookmark a couple of weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. This is the first time I've ever had any issue ordering anything from Etsy, so while I try to contact the seller, I'll order another one from someone else and see if they can post directly to you. Sorry for the delay!

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) DarkHeart wrote: "Okay, BriansGirl, I ordered your bookmark a couple of weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. This is the first time I've ever had any issue ordering anything from Etsy, so while I try to contact t..."

It's alright DarkHeart. Exchange was til the end of May anyway, so we've all just been mailing early. As long as it eventually gets here, it doens't matter if it takes a couple extra weeks. My birthday's at the end of the month anyway so it'll feel like a birthday pressie. :0)

message 50: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) I made & put your bookmark in the mail today DarkHeart. I'm excited for you to get it & I hope you enjoy it.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.