The Black Circle Readers discussion

1 view
Private Profiles

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What are you hiding, people? :)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I updated mine a little but I am still hiding the fact that I have Asperger's Disorder :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Stop trying to look at people's privates Dave!

message 4: by Rich (new)

Rich DeMars (tree705) | 16 comments What are you trying to see Dave?

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 18, 2008 11:44AM) (new)

Brian, are you kidding? I don't even know what that is.

I want to seeeeeee the profiles yer hidin'.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

It's a mild form of autism. I lack social skills (i.e. I have a distinct lack of demonstrated empathy, I cannot look you in the eye when you are speaking to me etc.), I have inflexible routines and rituals (i.e. I cannot eat without something to read, I count my steps, everything in our cabinets is arranged symmetrically, I load the dishwasher just so and if you put something in it where it doesn't belong I will move it etc.), I hear sounds you don't notice and they are so annoying that I really cannot bear to be in the same room with them (i.e. the sound a wooden pencil makes on paper, filing of fingernails, using sandpaper, and here's a laugher, someone eating cinnamon, powdered sugar, and pears among many others), I have problems with physical contact, even that of a sexual variety, and the list goes on but I'll stop there. :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I never would have known, Brian. Thanks for educating me on that. You seem to have it under control, anyway.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

It's not really debilitating, at least not in my case. I guess it could be but it would likely be classified as autism.

My teen years were a little troubling due to moderately severe social anxiety, and school was rough, the sound of all the pencils and chalk made me go to my happy place and tune out everything that was being taught.

At the end of the day I wouldn't complain a bit, I've had it better than a great many and for that I am ever thankful.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

That's good to hear. I couldn't stand school either...for other reasons.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Ha! School is for suckers.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

That's my motto. Sometimes.