Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > Kristen's Weight loss

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey Okay, so I'm going to start slow and hopefully build up. I'm sick right now, so I can't start until I knock this cough, but here's my plan:

I'm going to be more diligent about tracking what I eat (I'm part of weight watchers so I have their online tools).
I'm going to try to start off by exercising once a week.. my schedule is hectic until the summer, so at most I may increase that twice a week.

I think that's a good start.

message 2: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Hi Kristen, I think it's a good plan. Just keep on posting, and we'll be here for support.

Oh and your post makes me wanna start working on myself again. Thanks.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Good luck. Hope you feel better soon.

message 4: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Kristen,

Hope you feel better soon. Baby steps is good, as long as you are moving forward.

message 5: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey Thanks you guys! Hopefully I'll be peachy by Easter..

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Step one in a step in the right direction. Keep at it. Ur doing fine.

message 7: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey Not doing too well. After a few weeks of not going to weight watchers I was up 1.4 pounds. Not too bad, but I need to work in some working out. I have a feeling that may not happen until my classes are out in two weeks - then I have all nights and weekends free again...

message 8: by Kasia (new)

Kasia A little gain will happen once and again, that's not a reason to panic, right? But I can picture you getting into the groove, exercising and eating all the right stuff once the school ends. Hang on there!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments You'll do fine. I see that you have a goal in mind and will stick to it. We all hit a snag on occasion.

message 10: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey Alright, hit a big snag. DIdn't go to weight watchers for a month and gained 10 pounds! So, now I'm super back on track diet wise and am finally getting around to working out 2-3 times a week.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) Don't beat yourself up over slipping a bit. Happens to all of us. Just find some motivation and start over again. If the weight isn't on that long, your body isn't used to it yet and it'll be easier to take off. Mine's been on for a couple years making it harder to get it off.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments Kristen I hope it does not sound old. But we ARE HERE FOR YOU =D. OK? I hope you know that and even if it gets really hard keep posting so we know what's up. I hope that you can get right back on track and get back to your healthy living =D

message 13: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey Thanks Kenjii! I think the other reason I fell off was I missed my Weight Watchers meetings.. which is full of good support. I'm glad to be back on track. :)

message 14: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey Best news.. my fiance is going to eat healthier, he's going to even eat salads! Funny enough, he hates salad dressing, so he's never tried it with just plain oil and vinegar and he likes it! So, now I'm going to buy more salad stuff - which means when I make him a salad, I make me one too. I'm back on track, but slept through Weight Watchers this past Saturday. Been keeping with a stead 2-3 times of working out a week. Tomorrow we're helping my grandma paint her rental unit, so that'll burn up some calories. Too sore and yucky after that to work out, but I plan on Thursday doing either a bike ride or some machines at grandmas. I've got a family pass to this place called Fitness 19 - never gone yet (they enlisted me without telling me) and I'm thinking of setting up the fiance with a pass too - then we can work out together. Of course, we've always got Grandmas - who has these great comfort bikes and a 5 mile path right by her. When we get used to it, I'm hoping to push us to go around twice when we do.

message 15: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Awesome news ;D

This is so inspiring.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 1986 comments I've not been HERE to THIS thread in a while but I see the folder and think "Yall are doing it!". We are doing it! Together we are doing it. And we are taking each other to the next step. Awesome!