Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Sunshine Robin McKinley

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Irene (new)

Irene Hollimon | 130 comments okay so I'm reading Sunshine right now and I love it. I'm already thinking about my next book. I'm wondering if anyone out there has read any of her other stuff.
If so what is your opinion? Should I go on to her other works or not?
I would say- I'm usually a vampire girl although I like Rachel Vincent's werecats stuff.
I usually go for a little bit lighter material with a romance bent to it- like Charlaine Harris or Laurell Hamilton.
I read one Kat Richardson and it was okay but not my cup of tea.
Laurell K Hamilton is the one author so far I read everything I could get my hands on. I wouldn't normally pick up a fae thing but in my world Laurell could write on a package of sugar and make it worthwhile. I love Merry Gentry as well as Anita Blake.
so what do ya'll think? Read the rest of Robin McKinley or quit while I'm ahead?

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah  | 766 comments As much as I like both Sunshine and Robin McKinley's other works, I'd say proceed with caution. If you are in the mood for vampire/were/parnormal stuff, you should know that most of her other works are fairy-tale themed. Either that or re-tellings of classic fairy tales. I like it all, but you may have to decide if you're in the mood for it or more vamp fun! :)

message 3: by Kelley Anne (last edited Apr 09, 2009 06:25PM) (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I loved her book Beauty. It's a great retelling of beauty and the beast. One of my favs back in junior high and I just reread it last month. Just a cute read!

message 4: by Irene (new)

Irene Hollimon | 130 comments eschatology- any system of doctrines concerning last, or final, matters, as death, the Judgment, the future state, etc.

this is one from Sunshine I had to look up- God bless dictionary.com

message 5: by Clorinda (new)

Clorinda | 31 comments I loved Sunshine, but hated the Mona Lisa book. I know she has at least one more Mona Lisa book but I didn't even attempt to read it.