FATTIES UNITE! discussion

Hurdles > Easter - Uh-Oh!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dorie (last edited Apr 09, 2009 11:47AM) (new)

Dorie (wheeledk) | 158 comments Mod
Easter is my favorite food holiday - all of the "beige" foods that I love...egg scramble casserole, hash brown casserole, potato salad, mac and cheese, and deviled eggs...and of course, the Dove milk chocolate eggs that are my downfall.

My plan is to have a little bit of everything that I want, and NOT bring any leftovers back to Chicago with me.

If anyone else has tips for surviving huge holiday meals, let me know!

message 2: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) Easter is not a big food holiday in my family... Well at least for me... I have not been home in years because I don't like ham. LOL

Your thoughts are dead on with what I would suggest: The 3 bite rule and no left overs. 3 bites satisfies your craving for the food but you don't overdo it.

I found on Thanksgiving last year, I ate some stuff I don't particularly love all in the name of "having a little bit of everything" So, I would add - If you don't love it - don't eat it...

Chocolate - ration, ration, ration... I do buy some treats aroudn this time of the year and I put them in the back of the cupboard. If I want a little something, I have 1 serving, 1 egg, 1 whatever. That way I enjoy whatever it is a bit longer and don't do any big damage to the week.

message 3: by Amanda (last edited Apr 13, 2009 05:10AM) (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 557 comments Mod
If you don't love it - don't eat it...
GOOD philosophy for over-indulgent family dinners! Yeah, man.

So Dorie, how'd you do?
"Beige" foods. CUTE!