75 Books...More or Less! discussion

Archive (2009 Challenge) > Barbara's 75 for 2009

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbarabook) The President's Wife by Sittenfeld
I enjoyed this book tremendously- I know this was fiction, but I read it as if it were non-fiction, if fact as a autobiography. I am sure it is quite close to the truth.

message 2: by Karol (new)

Karol Barbara, interesting comment! Welcome to the "75" challenge.

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbarabook) Given Day by Dennis Lehane, The Shack by Young,

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbarabook) Iron Lace, The Story of Edgar Sawtelle, Paul Newman, a Life; The Three Questions

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbarabook) Orange Mint and Honey

message 6: by Karol (new)

Karol Barbara,

You've got some pretty heavy titles here! I'm not familiar with all the books, of course, but I read "The Given Day" and "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" recently. Both were quite thought-provoking. I didn't like the language of some of the characters in "The Given Day", but I found the story really gripping.

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbarabook) Just finished Iron Lace by Emilie Richards. Good read.

message 8: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbarabook) Kay, I agree with you concerning the language, some profanity is to be expected, but I felt it got carried away at times. I took offense a couple of times. The story however, was riveting and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I think I will take a break and read a couple of lightweights next. Barbara

message 9: by Karol (new)

Karol Barbara wrote: "Kay, I agree with you concerning the language, some profanity is to be expected, but I felt it got carried away at times. I took offense a couple of times. The story however, was riveting and I enj..."

Barbara, Good thinking! I often find myself following up something "heavy" with a cozy mystery or a bit of fluff.

message 10: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbarabook) Adding the following books: Dogs of Babel, Dogs and Goddesses, Butterfly Lane and the Dog Whisperer

message 11: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbarabook) Only twelve so far? Boy do I need to catch up.

message 12: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Andrea | 4140 comments Mod
Twelve is not bad Barabara! Many people do not even read a book a year. Keep going and maybe you can get another 12 in before the end of the year!