The Ruins of Gorlan (Ranger's Apprentice, #1) The Ruins of Gorlan discussion

great book

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam this is the best book i read so far

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I really enjoyed this book. It is refreshing to read an adventure set in an alternate world where the hero has to rely on training and not magic.

Shannon (Sammi) man i <3 this book!!!!!

Joseph I love how you could tell What fictional country was based of an actual country in the real world.

And let it be known that no horse real or fictional, will ever be better than Tug, Blaze or Abelard

Mary Joseph wrote: "I love how you could tell What fictional country was based of an actual country in the real world.

And let it be known that no horse real or fictional, will ever be better than Tug, Blaze or Abelard"

I totally agree, and Tug is my favorite. In either the 9th or 8th book, it says no horse in the Ranger Corps could match Tug. It was immediately obvious that Araluen was America because Araluen has fifty fiefs, America has fifty states, etc.

message 6: by Cheyla (new)

Cheyla Becca wrote: "I really enjoyed this book. It is refreshing to read an adventure set in an alternate world where the hero has to rely on training and not magic. "

I know! That was probably my favorite part about this series. All other adventure series are filled with magic, and this one was all about skills that took years to develop.

Christopher this is high action-paced book for everyone