The Book Challenge discussion

n-z > Sarah Lou's 30+ goal 2008

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (new)

Sara Lou (SarahLou) Great idea for a group, I've been pondering on how books to set myself to read. I've decided to say 30 and see how I go, the list may grow. I tend to re-read books as well as try new ones throughout the year, so it was pointless saying fifty if I end up reading the same book twice at some point. The list will certainly be a list of new books as well as old ones I'm reading again.

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara Lou (SarahLou) 1) Size doesn't matter - Love these books. Written by Meg Cabot, following the character of Heather Wells, (one of my favourite fiction characters!). Great installment of the series.

message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara Lou (SarahLou) 2) My Sister Clare- I started reading this at the turn of the year and finished it last week. An old faithful, but I adore it (no doubt i may read it again before the year is out!)

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara Lou (SarahLou) 3) A Place called Here - Cecelia Ahern.

It took me to the end of the book to realise the fairytale it was generally based on was The Wizard of Oz. Now it makes sense. Good read, but not one I'd read again in a hurry.

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara Lou (SarahLou) 4) Skeleton Key - Anthony Horowitz

The usual fare from the Horowitz Alex Rider Series. despite the fact that these books are directed at a younger audience, I've found myself enjoying the series. I suppose they take me back to days of reading the Hardy Boys mysterious in my teens. A light reprieve before I throw myself into reading The Three Musketeers.

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara Lou (SarahLou) 5) It was a dark and stormy night

message 7: by Sara (new)

Sara Lou (SarahLou) 6) Villette - Charlotte Bronte. Found this easy at the beginning, but hard going towards the middle. However it was rather enjoyable throughout.

message 8: by Sara (last edited Apr 06, 2008 02:14PM) (new)

Sara Lou (SarahLou) 7) Anything Goes- John Barrowman (AB)

message 9: by Sara (last edited Apr 06, 2008 02:16PM) (new)

Sara Lou (SarahLou) 8) The Difficult Second Book - Chris Moyles (AB)

A must read for any fans of Mr Moyles, Saviour of Radio One. Where his first installment told us of his life from boyhood to manhood as he pursued his dream of being a radio Dj, this second book revolves more around some of the fun he's had doing his job at Radio One. filled with anecdotes and some of the more memorable moments, diary experts etc from the various road trips they've done, it was a fun read with the usual humor from Moylesy.

message 10: by Sara (new)

Sara Lou (SarahLou) 9) Busy Woman Seeks Wife - A delightful read, a book I couldn't put down. Funny, insightful and very enjoyable. Def will read again.

message 11: by Sara (new)

Sara Lou (SarahLou) 10) The House at Riverton - I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book. Definitely in my top ten all time favourite reads.

message 12: by Sara (new)

Sara Lou (SarahLou) 11) The glamorous double life of Isabel Bookbinder - thank goodness it's over. I started out enjoying it, but it quickly became an irritating read.

message 13: by Sara (last edited Jul 21, 2008 10:20AM) (new)

Sara Lou (SarahLou) 12) The India Fan - Victoria Holt. Read it years back, completely forgot the story. The usual fare from VH but i do enjoy reading her books. Classic poor heroine facing adversary from Rich powerful family.

message 14: by Sara (last edited Jul 21, 2008 10:20AM) (new)

Sara Lou (SarahLou) 13) Little Women - Decided to read Louisa M Alcotts series surrounding the March family. Loved this.

message 15: by Sara (last edited Jul 21, 2008 10:21AM) (new)

Sara Lou (SarahLou) 14) Good Wives by Louisa M Alcott- Next time I read this series, i must remember to have tissues nearby. I don't know which man I love more, Teddy, John Brooke or Mr Bahaer! Beth's story just breaks my heart.

message 16: by Sara (last edited Jul 21, 2008 10:21AM) (new)

Sara Lou (SarahLou) 15) Little Men by Louisa M Alcott- I love Mrs Jo, Father Fritz and their large brood of little men and women. Possibly my favourite of this 'March family' series.

message 17: by Sara (new)

Sara Lou (SarahLou) 16) To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - One of my all time favourite books, I just had to read it again. Love it!

message 18: by Sara (last edited Oct 25, 2008 04:10AM) (new)

Sara Lou (SarahLou) 17) CliffsNotes 'To Kill a Mockingbird' - an enjoyable study guide for the finer points of the book.

message 19: by Sara (new)

Sara Lou (SarahLou) 18 ) The Enchanted Castle by E Nesbitt - A slow going read, something just didn't flow right for me when I was reading it. The adventure was good but wasn't as gripping as I expected it to be.