Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) Clockwork Princess discussion

Connections?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 114 (114 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Taylor Ramsey So I'm like obsessed with connections between The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices (however insignificant they may be)
One example is how both Will and Jace hate ducks :)
Any others that you can think of?

Beni SPOLIERS BELOWWW!!!!!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------

I love connections too! One big one is how since Jem became a Silent Brother yet still retained human feelings, he was the one who helped Jace when he was about to die ( i forgot what book) since he "wanted to preserve the Herondale line." Does anyone remember what book that was? :)
-Clary and her mother have red hair like her ancestors Charlotte and Henry.
-Jace obviously has the star shaped scar as well as his grandmother,the Inquisitor who died.
-Magnus likes Alec since Alec has the Herondale blue eyes and black hair like Will.

Brittney The necklace Will gives to Cecily is the necklace that Izzy wears.

Hannah The Herondale birthmark, Isabelle's necklace, the fact that (spoilers for CP2) Jace and the Lightwoods are actually distantly related, and that Jace and Emma Carstairs are also. I loved that Henry invented the Sensor and him and Magnus invented portals, and that Henry first introduced Magnus to glitter :)

Also when Jace is reading Clary the book with Will's note to Tessa in it uhg my heart. There are so many though!

Hannah i loved that Jace is a relation to Tessa, Will and Jem. One of Tessa and Wills decendents marries Jems uncles decendent so that in a way connects all three

Elizabeth O'Hanlon i'm re-reading city of bones, as i wait for the movie and from reading the TID series, makes me want to re-read the mortal series again. Anyway, in city of bones page 132 Clary talks about her mother having a japanese box, could this be Jems? could tessa have given this to Charlotte and then got passed further down the line?

message 7: by Isabelle (new) - added it

Isabelle The angel Ithuriel is both from Tessa's locket and the one Valentine had trapped and tortured.

Tharayn Isabelle wrote: "The angel Ithuriel is both from Tessa's locket and the one Valentine had trapped and tortured."

... Which doesn't make him a smart angel...

Mikaela In City of Lost Souls when Clary is in the library looking for the faerie rings, inside the glass case is Tessa's clockwork angel necklace. And a book about Demon Pox x)

Virginia Tharayn wrote: "Isabelle wrote: "The angel Ithuriel is both from Tessa's locket and the one Valentine had trapped and tortured."

... Which doesn't make him a smart angel..."

LOL! I thought the same thing! God, Ithuriel must have the worst luck in heaven!

Fiona Curtis Rosie wrote: "i'm re-reading city of bones, as i wait for the movie and from reading the TID series, makes me want to re-read the mortal series again. Anyway, in city of bones page 132 Clary talks about her moth..."

YES YOU'RE RIGHT! I have the soft cover book though, so my page 132 is when Isabel makes soup and Jace says 'nobody wants any soup'. What chapter is the box mentioned so I can find it?

Fiona Curtis Mikaela wrote: "In City of Lost Souls when Clary is in the library looking for the faerie rings, inside the glass case is Tessa's clockwork angel necklace. And a book about Demon Pox x)"

You are so smart!!! what chapter is this???

Fiona Curtis When Will proposes to Tessa he says (chapter-the measure of love) 'I love you, and I will only ever love you until I die' which is almost a DIRECT EXACT COPY of what Jace says to Clary (can't find reference right now) "'There is no pretending' Jace said with absolute clarity' 'I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then.'
I had memorised that quote and just about died when I made the connection

Elizabeth O'Hanlon Oh let me think I've just leant the book to my friend, maybe chapter 5 or 6 sorry I really don't know :/ it's in the uk edition paper back with the faces of runes on if that helps. Sorry

Mikaela Fiona wrote: "Mikaela wrote: "In City of Lost Souls when Clary is in the library looking for the faerie rings, inside the glass case is Tessa's clockwork angel necklace. And a book about Demon Pox x)"

You are s..."

Chapter 3 pg 55 ^^

Pauline Tharayn wrote: "Isabelle wrote: "The angel Ithuriel is both from Tessa's locket and the one Valentine had trapped and tortured."

This.(lol i can't stop laughing right now XD)
It's been a while since I read The Mortal Instruments but I remember this poor angel.

message 17: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra -Gabriel saying to Gideon that his father is a worm, and Gideon says he knows, their father was horrible. Gabriel replies that no, he really is a worm. If you match it up to Alex and Isabelle's conversation in City of Bones ("Simon's a rat." "What did he do to you?" "No, he's a rat.") they match up almost entirely. (And this is from memory, so that's just what is said generally. Ah, Lightwoods.

-Jace's box = Jem's box??? Maybe?

-Tessa was talking to Magnus in City of Glass about Jem

-Magnus took Church to New York

-Emma Carstairs has the sword Elias tried to give to Will

-James, Tessa and Will's son, has gold eyes...which explains how Jace got them (can't remember if that was from the book or a snippet from the Bane Chronicles...)

-Jem...and everything Brother Zachariah...obviously

-The Blackthorns in TDA are descended from Tatiana Lightwood

message 18: by Kellie (new) - added it

Kellie I hope Jace gets to meet Tessa :) Imagine their reunion.

Vanessa i really feel sorry for Ithuriel! :(

i got few questions though,

> in what TMI book did this happen?

Also when Jace is reading Clary the book with Will's note to Tessa in it uhg my heart. There are so many though!

> How do you already know Emma Carstairs? Does the first book of TDA already out?

> Do you have a copy of the "family tree"?

and gosh i love Will! :)

thank you for whoever will answer my questions :)

Hanna Vanessa wrote: "i really feel sorry for Ithuriel! :(

i got few questions though,

> in what TMI book did this happen?

Also when Jace is reading Clary the book with Will's note to Tessa in it uhg my heart. There ..."

The Will's note part happens in The City of Lost Souls, Chapter 16, pages 385-386 of the hardcover.

As for Emma Carstairs, Cassie Clare has revealed some basic info about her and The Dark Artifices.

And yes, I do have the family tree :)

Vanessa Hanna wrote: "The Will's note part happens in The City of Lost Souls, Chapter 16, pages 385-386 of the hardcover.

As for Emma Carstairs, Cassie Clare has revealed some basic info about her and The Dark Artifices.

And yes, I do have the family tree :)"

hi Hannah! thanks! i have to read City of Lost Soul again for that part :) do you think you can send me a copy of the family tree that you're all talking about? im very curious, haha. thanks! :)

Shubhra Agrawal Tharayn wrote: "Isabelle wrote: "The angel Ithuriel is both from Tessa's locket and the one Valentine had trapped and tortured."

hahahahha xD

message 23: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Alexandra wrote: "-Gabriel saying to Gideon that his father is a worm, and Gideon says he knows, their father was horrible. Gabriel replies that no, he really is a worm. If you match it up to Alex and Isabelle's con..."
If I'm not mistaken, the Blackthorns are also decended from Tessa and Will's daughter, Lucie (she marries Jesse Blackthorn according to the family tree in CP2)

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) I only have an ebook version so i dont have the family tree, does anyone have a pic of it?

message 25: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Sasha Herondale wrote: "I only have an ebook version so i dont have the family tree, does anyone have a pic of it?"

It's a bit fuzzy, but there's one here http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__c...

Gidget Buchanan Thanks Kelly for posting a link for the family tree. I haven't seen the completed one yet :)

message 27: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Gidget wrote: "Thanks Kelly for posting a link for the family tree. I haven't seen the completed one yet :)"

No problem. I just found a copy someone had scanned in... that was the best quality I could find.

Neriah Pretty obvious but I still love it! Gabriel and Cecily's descendants are named after Sophie and Gideon: Alec Gideon Lightwood and Isabelle Sophia Lightwood

Sasha Ivashkov-Herondale-Jackson (aka Clarisse) Kelly wrote: "Sasha Herondale wrote: "I only have an ebook version so i dont have the family tree, does anyone have a pic of it?"

It's a bit fuzzy, but there's one here http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__c......"

omg thanku so much Kelly :)

Vanessa hi Kelly! thank you so much! by the way. where did you get it? my copy doesnt have a family tree onn it :(

message 31: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Vanessa wrote: "hi Kelly! thank you so much! by the way. where did you get it? my copy doesnt have a family tree onn it :("

It just came up as a search result on Google. Did you read it in ebook form? I heard some ebooks didn't have it (and those that did had it right at the beginning, which wasn't the most brilliant idea).

Vanessa I have the paperback - "collector's edition", but there's no special feature in it. I wish they included the family tree in there. Its nice to stare at it and imagine their lives. Hehe :)

message 33: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Vanessa wrote: "I have the paperback - "collector's edition", but there's no special feature in it. I wish they included the family tree in there. Its nice to stare at it and imagine their lives. Hehe :)"

Are you sure you mean Clockwork Princess? I thought it wasn't available in soft cover yet? (But then, I am often wrong about these things). Cassandra Clare is set to write another trilogy, currently only known as TLH, which centers around the kids of the Infernal Devices set. (ie Charlotte and Henry's son, Will and Tessa's children etc.)

Vanessa Kelly wrote: "Vanessa wrote: "I have the paperback - "collector's edition", but there's no special feature in it. I wish they included the family tree in there. Its nice to stare at it and imagine their lives. H..."

Yes, i got the soft cover of the Clockwork Princess. Have to wait couple of weeks after the release though, because the hard copy is so expensive. So Cassandra is writing Dark Artifices and TLH? Hmm.. I hope she finds a good plot that will not ruin her first 2 novels.

message 35: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Vanessa wrote: "Kelly wrote: "Vanessa wrote: "I have the paperback - "collector's edition", but there's no special feature in it. I wish they included the family tree in there. Its nice to stare at it and imagine ..."

Fingers crossed...

message 36: by Elephant (last edited May 01, 2013 04:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elephant 22 The third time Clary met Jace was the same way Tessa met Jem.

Jace/Jem Playing musical instrument, Tessa/Clary notices how graceful his hands look, 'Alec/Will is that you'

Fiona Curtis For people who have the soft cover and no family tree, have another look at the very back. It's easy to miss because it's all folded up into the spine, so just looks like a weird page of glossy paper.

Vanessa OMG! You are right Fiona! Haha. All this time! Thank you thank you. I am wondering why there's extra glossy paper at the back. Grr i hate myself sometimes.

YourFriendlyNeighborhoodSpidey Church. The Cat. Jem found him at some point in TID (not sure which book, sorry) then in CP2
SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
towards the end when everything was sad when Jem was gone into Silent Brotherhood, Magnus said he was thinking of moving to New York and taking Church with him. So Magnus is the one who brought Church the New York.

Chisom O I'm pretty sure that Jace has warlock powers, because in the end of CWP, Tessa is tlking about her children, and she was saying how they had the same powers as her.

YourFriendlyNeighborhoodSpidey Tessa is half-demon Half-shadowhunter and Sebastian is the same.

message 42: by Neha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neha I love the book! Yet I have none of these cool things to say about it as you guys do.

Mikaela Monica&spikey wrote: "Tessa is half-demon Half-shadowhunter and Sebastian is the same."

Sebastian is full shadowhunter with demon blood in him. He's not half demon. >.<

Fiona Curtis Mikaela wrote: "Monica&spikey wrote: "Tessa is half-demon Half-shadowhunter and Sebastian is the same."

Sebastian is full shadowhunter with demon blood in him. He's not half demon. >.<"

This is just a (not ferocious, please don't attack me)reminder, but his name is Jonathan, Sebastian was a completely innocent shadowhunter and Jonathan was only using his name for a couple of months

Fiona Curtis Vanessa wrote: "OMG! You are right Fiona! Haha. All this time! Thank you thank you. I am wondering why there's extra glossy paper at the back. Grr i hate myself sometimes."

haha, all good :)

YourFriendlyNeighborhoodSpidey Fiona wrote: "Mikaela wrote: "Monica&spikey wrote: "Tessa is half-demon Half-shadowhunter and Sebastian is the same."

Sebastian is full shadowhunter with demon blood in him. He's not half demon. >.

This is jus..."

Well, yeah, but there's so many other people 'named' Jonathon, it just gets confusing. Plus, Sebastian sounds more attractive (if you ask me, that is)

Katie Will and Jace both were taught that to love is to destroy.

Fiona Curtis Monica&spikey wrote: "Fiona wrote: "Mikaela wrote: "Monica&spikey wrote: "Tessa is half-demon Half-shadowhunter and Sebastian is the same."

Sebastian is full shadowhunter with demon blood in him. He's not half demon. >..."

true :)

message 49: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Giguere I'm also re- reading City of Bones. I noticed on page 62 (of the soft cover) when Clary walks into the music room and finds Jace playing the piano in the middle of the night. Jace says "Alec? Is that you?"

Same as when Tessa walks in and finds Jem playing his violin and he says "Will, is that you?"
It's super neat catching all these little connections. Many of them I NEVER would have picked up on until I read them from you guys.

One thing I did notice was isabelle's pendant!! Isn't Cassie Clare just so smart??

Chisom O Ok, im not sure if u guys know this, but in CWP, the inside of the jacket has the family tree of the Herondales, Lightwoods, Carstairs, and other ones that i dont remember. :P And techincally, Jace and the lightwoods are related, and so are herondales and carstairs

« previous 1 3