Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Totally Off Topic > New in town

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bitten_by_Books | 30 comments Hey everybody!

I just found you all and am excited there are other awesome groups for Paranormal Fic and Urban Fantasy! YAY

I write reviews and run an all PF review site. I read about 4-5 books a week sometimes more.

Some of my favorite authors are:
Mark Henry
Dakota Cassidy
Gerry Bartlett
Nancy Haddock
Teresa D'Amario
Kelley Armstrong
LKH
Tate Hallaway
Jenienne Frost
M.R. Sellars
Kimberly Raye
Patricia Briggs
Charlaine Harris
MaryJanice Davidson
Terri Garey
Katie MacAlister
Michele Bardsley
and many more

My TBR is an entire storage unit almost completely filled with apple boxes FULL of paranormal fic. LOL I have quite a few here at the house but we just moved to a very small place so they have to rotate out.

Hmm what else...I have a husband, 5 weiner dogs and a son. Am originally from the Seattle area, recently transplanted to Western KY.

I think that is all. LOL

Glad to be here, I am off to take a look around!

Rachel

message 2: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ Welcome Rachel! You should fit right in with all these paranormal nuts. I hope you get involved with the group reads, challenges and discussions. It'll make your time here with us more enjoyable. Have fun.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Hi Rachel glad you joined up, loved talking to you on Twitter and I'm still going to ask the doc about those sleep enhancer LOL!

Bitten_by_Books | 30 comments Hey ladies! ;)

thanks for the warm welcome. :) I have been checking out a few of the topics as time allows. My challenge is getting all of our reviews posted each month AND reading. lol

Jael! Is that you? I wasn't sure. :) Sonata girl, it's the way to go if you doctor says so.

Okay off to post some more reviews. Again thanks for the welcome!

HUGS
Rach

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Rachel, welcome aboard. We're all mad for PNR here so you should feel right at home. Hope we see you on the threads!

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
hey Rachel. Welcome to the totally sane, boring group. :o) (in an aside to Moss--and if she believes THAT we can sell her a nice bridge up in NYC, right?)

lol, seriously, welcome to the group. We all like to have fun and we also recommend books/series to each other all the time. My tbr pile is now threatening to cause my floor to collapse. And I've only been a member since Feb. :o)

message 7: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresadamario) | 95 comments Hey Rachel.

I so never realized you weren't a member of this group. I'd have told you in a hearbeat! Wow. Sorry bout that. LOL.

And thank you so much for listing me as one of your fav authors (blush).

I don't usually participate in teh challenge, but oddly enough, I have already 5 of the 9 required books this month. Must be the new Kindle I got. LOL. And they are all parts of series too!

T

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Ann wrote: "hey Rachel. Welcome to the totally sane, boring group. :o) (in an aside to Moss--and if she believes THAT we can sell her a nice bridge up in NYC, right?)

Hehe.

I particularly love how we all shriek in sync anytime anyone brings up the BDB series. J R Ward should do a concert sometime, maybe at superbowl? (for the Americans anyway. We'll have to watch it stream live or something). Imagine the swooning crowds of women when she channels Vishous or Zsadist.

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jen421) | 201 comments Welcome Rachel! (Both here, and to Kentucky. I live in Louisville.) Prepare for your TBR list to experience a massive growth spurt.

message 10: by Bitten_by_Books (new)

Bitten_by_Books | 30 comments Thanks everybody! :)

Jennifer thanks for the welcome to the area. Are you going to the Jim Butcher book singing in Lexington this month? We are heading out there. It is about a 4 hour drive for us. should be fun.

message 11: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

OH MY GAWD. Who had a place I can stay in or near Lexington? I don't know how I'm getting there, but here I come. :o)

message 12: by Bitten_by_Books (new)

Bitten_by_Books | 30 comments it is on a Tuesday night.

On Tuesday, April 14, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jim Butcher will be at the Lexington Joseph-Beth Booksellers for a 7pm reading, Q&A and signing to promote TURN COAT, the latest installment of his bestselling urban noir fantasy series the Dresden Files.

message 13: by Bitten_by_Books (new)

Bitten_by_Books | 30 comments Are you going to go Ann? I am still trying to get my DH to sneak out of work. (aka ask for the day off) lol

message 14: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

sigh, unfortunately its about 8 hours with no stops from my house. And I have to have someone to split the driving with--I am not able to do that much driving by myself any more. I'd love to get a few autographs, but that's not going to happen. But it was fun to dream about it. :o)

message 15: by Bitten_by_Books (new)

Bitten_by_Books | 30 comments aww ! I hope I can go too. Well, we are starting a contest for 10 copies of Turn Coat on Monday at my review site. AND Jim is going to be with us for an interactive interview Q&A session on the 29th. So, you can meet him from the comfort of your computer chair. :)

If I go and get any good swag, I will see about getting you something.