Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

The Gimble rocks and is cheap (it's a book holder)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 18 comments I had some money left on a BAM giftcard and saw the Gimble ($6 for 2 sizes). I was a little tired of the thumb thing and kept losing it. It also is just not big or strong enough for a hefty paperback.

The Gimble is a plastic doohickie that holds the book open for you. It says it is for paperbacks only, but it worked on my last 2 hardback Sookie books. Unfortunately it won't hold open my Twelve Sharp hard back.

Check it out!

http://usa.thatcompanycalledif.com/xh...

message 2: by pop (new)

pop Redesign it so it will work with hardbacks, license the new design to the same company that makes those.

message 3: by ScottK (new)

ScottK Man I had a regular Customer when I managed a restauraunt in Oregon. She devised something similar to this using a wire hanger (I know I know NO MORE WIRE HANGERS)but it was great and even gave me one of hers. I think I left it in Portland though. :(

message 4: by Mont'ster (new)

Mont'ster | 58 comments Dude! In all the years I've been reading I've never seen anything like this! (I've also never heard of the wire hanger trick) I'm gonna make myself a book holder out of a wire hanger (I like the "self-sufficiency" that seems to evoke and I don't like paying shipping costs :-)