Horror Aficionados discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
The Tomb of Terminated Threads > How many people are active here?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by William (new)

William (acknud) | 0 comments Sound off!

Me!

message 2: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 13 comments I've been quiet, only because I haven't read any horror lately.

message 3: by Ravenskya (new)

Ravenskya  (ravenskya) Me!

message 4: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments Me!

message 5: by Deb... (new)

Deb... | 2 comments Hi, I'm kind of new here. Still just trying to find my way around.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 74 comments I was a bit more active a few months back, but now I've kind of slacked off posting...but I still do once a week or so. :)

message 7: by Paul (new)

Paul | 123 comments Me - on occasion

message 8: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 134 comments Me, sporadically.

message 9: by Matt R. (new)

Matt R. (matt2009) | 29 comments Me too!

message 10: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments Paul, Rusty, and Matt, I love reading your posts here. Wish you'd come around more often. If we're not discussing anything of interest, feel free to start a thread.

message 11: by Scott (new)

Scott I'm as active here as I am anywhere...

message 12: by Chris (new)

Chris (flahorrorwriter) | 2867 comments I think I am. Sometimes, like today because I am not working, I will be on and off all day...but sometimes I will go a few days without posting...

message 13: by Paul (new)

Paul | 123 comments Hi Tressa,

Thanks for that. I do try, but so many other things - people to see, stories to write, places to go - you know what it's like.

However, I am actually off to Wales tomorrow for a week - to a place with no phone reception and no internet! So I'm taking a laptop (yes, there is electricity) and writing a full length film script in a week.

I promise I'll drop round more often when I'm back :)

message 14: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments Oh, Paul, of course life itself should take precedence over a board. During the day I'm chained to a desk at my library job so I'm able to gab more than others.

Have fun roughing it in Wales and I hope you get a lot of writing done.

message 15: by Paul (new)

Paul | 123 comments Me too - partly. Library that is. Actually, it's a study centre at a college of FE, but I do get some speare time to pursue things that may, strictly speaking, not be exactly in the line of duty - but I can always claim that I'm creating learning rsources, which is just about true.

message 16: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Sydlik | 45 comments I've only been around here for a few weeks, but I try to post whenever I see something I have a strong opinion on. You guys know a lot more about horror than me, though. I used to read a lot more horror, but I read such a diversity of stuff now, sometimes it takes a backseat.

message 17: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments but I do get some speare time to pursue things that may, strictly speaking, not be exactly in the line of duty - but I can always claim that I'm creating learning rsources, which is just about true.

Uh, yeah, I do a lot of "research" all day at my job, too.

Andrew, you're a renaissance man. That's what I like about you.

message 18: by Barbie (new)

Barbie Curtice Am here...

=)

message 19: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 139 comments Me! I'm sorry if I'm not as active as I would like to be, though. :(

message 20: by Jason (new)

Jason | 176 comments ME!

message 21: by Renee (new)

Renee (rjmiller) I'm newish, I have been in other groups but I'm trying to be active. I get so tired though. Old age and all.

message 22: by alicia (last edited Apr 08, 2009 09:34AM) (new)

alicia grant (shesha34) | 2 comments I try to be as active as possible.I have to share the comp with my dh at night,and two kids during the afternoons.Plus with it being nice out every so often i take the little one out to the park.Plus i haven't read much horror lately.I have been catching up on series reads lately.

message 23: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 135 comments I am trying. I have been swamped lately and barely read at all in March.

message 24: by Jaice (last edited Apr 08, 2009 01:42PM) (new)

Jaice Cooperrider (plasborgma) | 46 comments I am a compulsive reader of the posts in this group, but I have yet to contribute thus far. I figure no one really wants to here from a lowly graduate student anyway (sigh) and I really don't have much time to continually post and respond to posts. One day perhaps.

message 25: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments Jason, whenever you feel like jumping in and posting, please do. We don't discriminate here; we even accept the opinions of lowly grad students. ;) If you read or watch horror, please share.

message 26: by Ray (new)

Ray (woadwarrior) | 7 comments I am also here

message 27: by Emma (new)

Emma Audsley (emmaaudsley) | 47 comments Me too! sat here listening to 'The Zombie Chronicles' so good, so far!

message 28: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 134 comments What about drop-out grad students? Do you accept their opinions? If not, I'm wasting my time here.

message 29: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments Rusty, I sure hope they accept drop out grad students because I'm one.

message 30: by Jaice (new)

Jaice Cooperrider (plasborgma) | 46 comments What did you study as grad students, Tressa and Rusty, and to where did you go for grad school?

message 31: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments University of Alabama for an MLIS (Master of Library and Information Science). I took the MAT, passed, and was accepted into the program, but had to leave soon after for medical reasons. After recuperating I decided I didn't want to be in school at this time in my life. I might decide to go back if I can take all the courses online and not just a few electives.

message 32: by Jaice (last edited Apr 08, 2009 09:02PM) (new)

Jaice Cooperrider (plasborgma) | 46 comments I interviewed at UAB for their neuroscience Ph.D. program and was accepted, but decided to come to the University of Utah instead for their neuroscience Ph.D. program. Birmingham seemed to be a nice town though.

message 33: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments Birmingham is a great town and I enjoyed getting my undergraduate degree at UAB. I was born here and have no plans of ever leaving.

message 34: by Erin (new)

Erin | 8 comments Hi! I am a newbie, but unfortunately don't have a lot of time to post.

But I am lurking. Is that appropriate for a Horror group? Lots of lurking? :)

message 35: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments Lurking. Stalking. Slashing. It's all good here.

message 36: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (kristabela) | 121 comments I'm an avid reader/sometime poster on these threads. I'm not a big opinion sharer but I love to hear others thoughts... especially on books. This group has been monumental for me finding new and disgusting novels. Thanks to all of you for being as twisted as me!

message 37: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments Kristy, for twisted, read The Cannibal Within.

message 38: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (kristabela) | 121 comments Tressa wrote: "Kristy, for twisted, read The Cannibal Within."

Just read what it's about. Sounds irresistable. I can't wait to get my hands on it now.

And I love that the cover art is Goya's 'Saturn'.

message 39: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments "Saturn Devouring His Children." A favorite painting of mine...not that I would hang it up in my house or anything.

message 40: by Donald (new)

Donald (nocdar) I just smile a lot. It keeps 'em guessing...

message 41: by Rusty (last edited Apr 09, 2009 06:48PM) (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 134 comments Jason,

I was part of a program at a satellite school of Johns Hopkins (not nearly as prestigious as it sounds) in Rockville, MD. I was working toward a Masters in Spanish Teaching. I was also teaching at a local junior high school as part of the program. I quickly discovered that I hated kids. I thought I would tough it out and things might get better. Than the Beltway Snipers came along. I decided that if I was going to risk getting shot in the face every time I gassed up after work, I would rather take that risk while doing a job I didn't hate with the white hot passion of a thousand burning suns. So I put in my notice at the junior high and the university.

And I have never looked back.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

I try to stop by every once in a while..

message 43: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments Rusty, what do you do now, if you don't mind me asking?

message 44: by Trudi (new)

Trudi (trudistafford) | 28 comments Hey guys, I just found you. Happy to be here and will try to drop in often -- and contribute where I can :)

message 45: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments Hi, Trudy. Welcome to HA. Drop in anytime.

message 46: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 134 comments "Rusty, what do you do now, if you don't mind me asking?"

I work in property management. Please try to stifle your jealousy. It's unbecoming. It can be boring, monotonous, etc., but there are times when it really appeals to my OCD.

message 47: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments Well, it sounds more exciting than my library job of telling people to turn down the volume on their computers and pulling hundreds of DVDs for all the non-readers that visit the library every day. Admit it. Now you're jealous.

message 48: by BeerDiablo (new)

BeerDiablo | 0 comments I lurk via the summary email due to a demanding job. All forum postulations are taken care of by the time I view them, so I rarely bother to post.

No, I'm not active but I'm watching.

message 49: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments Aw man, that's too bad. I just read your profile. You're an interesting guy.

Margie (Bookzombie) (bookzombie08) I post occasionally but love reading the threads. In fact today is a record day for me I posted three responses on different discussions (including this one). :)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.