You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Chit Chat About Books > New Purchases

Comments Showing 1-50 of 925 (925 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

message 1: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51026 comments What did you just buy? If you link the cover, please also link the title.

message 2: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) Added the books from a new to me author
Cynthia Gallant-Simpson

beginning with

A Deadly Snow Fall A Deadly Snow Fall by Cynthia Gallant-Simpson

http://www.amazon.com/Cynthia-Gallant...

message 4: by Anna (new)

message 5: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Durkin | 46 comments I bought The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat and have already read it. I really enjoyed this book!

message 6: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) I added this to the audible shelf and can't wait for it to "fit" in a challenge.
combo $2.99 and $4.99

Ghost Train to the Eastern Star
byPaul Theroux

Ghost Train to the Eastern Star by Paul Theroux

needed for BOT quarter non fiction

Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness
by Susannah Cahalan

Brain on Fire My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan

message 7: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51026 comments If I give you a list of my audible wishlist, Shirley, will you do my research for me? Just kidding!

message 8: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51026 comments Woohoo! I found one. I just purchased Gone With a Handsomer Man for $2.99 on Kindle and $2.99 on Audible whispersync. That's $6.00 for the book in two different formats. One down... three to go towards my $10 coupon.

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna Kļaviņa (annamatsuyama) | 1132 comments Shirley wrote: "I added this to the audible shelf and can't wait for it to "fit" in a challenge.
combo $2.99 and $4.99."

Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness, welcome to my wishlist!

message 10: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) Janice wrote: "Woohoo! I found one. I just purchased Gone With a Handsomer Man for $2.99 on Kindle and $2.99 on Audible whispersync. That's $6.00 for the book in two different formats. One down... three to go..."

Just remember must be at least price.
I promise to keep buying and posting those "buys".
Bet you can't buy just one. lol

message 11: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51026 comments It counted towards my required 4 books. I now have 3 books to get. I recently bought The Hangman's Daughter and sequels on Kindle for $.99 each. I can get the audiobooks on Audible for $1.99 each, but the regular price is under $14.00 so they won't count towards the sale.

message 12: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 2033 comments I got these in the mail today for review and one that I won:

The Fifth Knight by E.M. Powell The Icecutter's Daughter (Land of Shining Water, #1) by Tracie Peterson An Heiress at Heart (Love's Grace, #1) by Jennifer Delamere

Picked up these Kindle freebies:

Caged Memoirs of a Cage-Fighting Poet by Cameron Conaway Death by Drowning (Josiah Reynolds Mysteries, #2) by Abigail Keam The Final Arrangement (The Flower Shop Mystery Series, #1) by Annie Adams Questions Of Trust by Sam Archer Justice Hunter by Harper Dimmerman The Roswell Conspiracy (Tyler Locke #3) by Boyd Morrison The October Five by Mobashar Qureshi Murder Corporation by Victor Methos Rain Dance by J.R. Rain Marina In A Green Dress by Alan Davidson A Taste of Reality by Marla J. Hayes Yellow Green Beret, Volume III by Chester Wong

message 13: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) These are ones in my cart right now and 3 of the 4 qualify and were combo

River Town: Two Years on the Yangtze

River Town Two Years on the Yangtze by Peter Hessler

Ghost Train to the Eastern Star

Ghost Train to the Eastern Star by Paul Theroux

Chasing Rainbows

Chasing Rainbows by Kathleen Long

Desert Solitaire

Desert Solitaire by Edward Abbey

message 14: by Sharon75uk (new)

Sharon75uk | 125 comments Just added Chasing rainbows to my tbr..I love the title :)

message 15: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) I added these and got the deal for the month

Tobacco Road

Tobacco Road by Erskine Caldwell

Redfield Farm: A Novel of the Underground Railroad

Redfield Farm A Novel of the Underground Railroad by Judith Redline Coopey

A Test Of Wills

A Test Of Wills (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #1) by Charles Todd

Fifth Avenue

Fifth Avenue by Christopher Smith

The Most Dangerous Game

The Most Dangerous Game by Richard Connell
I think this one was scandalous in it's time.

Shorts

The 7th Month

The 7th Month (Detective D.D. Warren #5.5) by Lisa Gardner

Guns

Guns by Stephen King

message 16: by Janice, Moderator (last edited Apr 04, 2013 07:36AM) (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51026 comments Great haul, Shirley!

I don't think I mentioned in this group that I picked up Riders of the Purple Sage in Kindle/Audible whispersync for $.99 and had it count towards on of the 4 purchases. Great deal!

message 17: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) Janice
More expensive here so you got a great deal.

message 20: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 2753 comments Blummin 'eck Kimberly, that's a lot of books and free too!

Can I ask is reviewing your job? As I have no idea how you would fit all the books you do read in with working too.

message 21: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) WOW great selection of books.

I transferred a lot of my kindle books to the fire recently and couldn't believe the number in the library.....over 9700 and so many were free books.

Sure like cookbooks on the fire.

message 22: by Amber (new)

Amber I can't find the thread we were using to post about books on sale, etc, so I'm posting it here.

For anyone who uses a Nook for ebooks, BN is currently running a 50% off sale on their top 1000 ebooks.

message 24: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20539 comments I thought West with the Night was wonderful. I hope you like it. She did what he did, but the othr way.

message 25: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) Cherie wrote: "I thought West with the Night was wonderful. I hope you like it. She did what he did, but the othr way."

I love non fiction now that I listen to books.

message 26: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20539 comments Do you think it is easier to listen to non fiction than fiction? Did you avoid non fiction before?

message 27: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) I think it is an acquired ability. I am getting pretty good at "listening" instead of wandering. It became such an effort to read a book that it was a necessity.

I would NEVER read non fiction before audible. I find it like someone telling me their story and I want to read more and more of them.

I have to keep checking for the kindle books that are becoming combos ... The price for these four audibles was $12.96 total because I have the kindle books.

I am now listening to a book for 4 - 6 hours every morning.

Sure is great for meeting challenges ... 55 books already this year. Including door stoppers.

message 28: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3615 comments Thank you, Kimberly. Got them. :)

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18212 comments I just bought Blood Red Road

message 30: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 2033 comments Pragya wrote: "Thank you, Kimberly. Got them. :)"

You're welcome! :D I told ya I'd post 'em for ya when I got them.

message 31: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 2033 comments Lynn wrote: "Blummin 'eck Kimberly, that's a lot of books and free too!

Can I ask is reviewing your job? As I have no idea how you would fit all the books you do read in with working too."

I have a review blog so it's more of a hobby. Most of the kindle freebies I get won't be read for ages and I download them on to my Mister's Ipad and he's the one reading a lot of 'em lately. :)

message 32: by Rachel (new)

Rachel went to the bookstore today and came home with:

Death on the Nile (Hercule Poirot, #17) by Agatha Christie
Eva Moves the Furniture by Margot Livesey
Sugar (Sugar Lacey, #1) by Bernice L. McFadden
The Silence of Bonaventure Arrow by Rita Leganski
Under the Dome by Stephen King
When She Woke by Hillary Jordan
Six Years by Harlan Coben

message 33: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) Added Eva Moves the Furniture by Margot Livesey to my wish list

message 34: by Esther (new)

Esther  (estame) | 467 comments Last week I bought:
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee To Kill a Mockingbird 50th anniversary edition (because mine got ruined by a wayward puppy)
The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker The Age of Miracles
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides Middlesex
My Mistress's Sparrow Is Dead by Jeffrey Eugenides My Mistress's Sparrow Is Dead
The Walk Up Nameless Ridge by Hugh Howey The Walk Up Nameless Ridge

message 35: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Shirley wrote: "Added Eva Moves the Furniture by Margot Livesey to my wish list"

it sounds good- hope we both like it!

message 36: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 2033 comments I got my review copy from the publisher for the blog tour of The Tale of Raw Head and Bloody Bones by Jack Wolf

message 38: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) Whew made it through without adding to pile.:)

message 39: by Pragya (new)

Pragya  (reviewingshelf) | 3615 comments Kimberly wrote: "I got my review copy from the publisher for the blog tour of The Tale of Raw Head and Bloody Bones by Jack Wolf"

Looks interesting.

message 40: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 2753 comments Shirley wrote: "Whew made it through without adding to pile.:)"

LOL

message 41: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20539 comments Shirley wrote: "Whew made it through without adding to pile.:)"

LOL. I had to add one.

message 42: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) My downfall is the books posted in Around the world in 80 books group. So many are free and introduce countries I will never physically visit.

message 43: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51026 comments I picked up Clockwork Angel today. One more audiobook purchase in April and I will qualify for a $10 coupon.

message 44: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17689 comments So I got my first e-books last night. After I unfroze my Kobo after not using it for 2 years. I got Little Brother and Homeland as the author is giving them away for free (well Creative Commons licence but it's free) on his website http://craphound.com/littlebrother/do... is the one for the first book.

message 45: by Shirley (last edited Apr 11, 2013 06:50PM) (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) Janice wrote: "I picked up Clockwork Angel today. One more audiobook purchase in April and I will qualify for a $10 coupon."

good going

this one is free with $1.99 for audible and qualifies.

A Clean Kill in Tokyo

A Clean Kill in Tokyo (John Rain, #1) by Barry Eisler

http://www.amazon.com/Clean-Tokyo-pre...

message 47: by Amber (new)

Amber I purchased Navigating Early by Clare Vanderpool for a RL book club.

message 49: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51026 comments Nice haul, Shirley.

message 50: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (yakyma) | 1045 comments This is how I feel every time I read through this post

photo doyouneedanewbook_zps6df10372.jpg

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.