Home Schooling Moms discussion

group read

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Salinda (new)

Salinda | 19 comments Mod
I am almost ready for a new book. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions and we could do a group read? Let me know any ideas.

Salinda

message 2: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine (je9jeanine) | 9 comments Hello, I normally like to read one self help book and one novel at a time. I just finished my novel so that is what I am looking to read next. But I am open to other ideas.

This is what I am thinking sounds good to me right now.

Austen, Pride and Prejudice
Dickens, Great Expectations
Stowe, Uncle Tom's Cabin
Wister, The Virginian

On my Goodreads to-read list these sounds good

A Girl of the Limberlost (Paperback) Porter, Gene Stratton
Disease-Proof Your Child: Feeding Kids Right (Paperback) Fuhrman, Joel
The Other Mother: A Novel (Hardcover) Gross, Gwendolen
The Swiss Family Robinson (Signet Classics (Paperback)) Wyss, Johann D.
Sarah: Women of Genesis (Mass Market Paperback) Card, Orson Scott
Emma Austen, Jane

I would love to hear other ideas, what does everyone else want to read or have on their to-read list.

Jeanine

message 3: by Salinda (new)

Girl of Limberlost sounds great to me. I just finished Pride and Prejudice a few months ago, although reading again would not be a bad thing either. Uncle Tom's Cabin is one I have been meaning to read also. I am excited to do a group read!!! Its been a while since I could read and discuss.
Salinda

message 4: by Salinda (new)

There is also Pastwatch: the Redemption which Lisa mentioned she is reading. I thought that sounded like a good read. We could read that also.

message 5: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine (je9jeanine) | 9 comments Girl of the Limberlost sounds like it is getting the vote. I am open to all four Pride and Prejudice, Pastwatch, and Uncle Toms Cabin. I started reading Robin Hood for a quick read while we figured out what we were reading :). I am looking forward to this also!!

Anyone else want to vote on the read?

Nedra thanks for the recommendation of The Other Mother, I will read it sometime I am sure sounds great.

Jeanine

message 6: by Salinda (new)

I agree. Girl of the Limberlost is probably it. Do we want to set a date that we should all have it read by?

message 7: by Salinda (new)

All I know about Pastwatch is what I read of its description here on GoodReads. You can ask Lisa as she is the one reading it right now. Its basically about looking into the past at Christopher Columbus....and seeing how things might have been different I believe. I know someone else mentioned it to me years ago. Then I forgot its exact title and could never find it. So when she mentioned it and I realized it was that book thats why I want to eventually read it. So what timeframe does everyone have to be done with Girl of Limberlost. Do we want to try to do a book every two weeks, or a book a month? I know everyone has different time schedules and time available so say what works for you.