Movies We've Just Watched discussion

National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dava (new)

Dava (davagirl) | 1 comments What did everyone think of this movie?

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I thought it was a lot of fun. I'm an American Revolution history nerd so I like the first one better, but I still thought it was good.

message 3: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (teacupfangirl) I enjoyed it a lot. The plot kept my interest and didn't seem like the first movie rehashed and the characters managed to grow without using the same jokes as the first movie. I thought the villain's motivation was pretty weak, but overall it was a very fun movie.

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 42 comments I posted this movie on 1/7. Here's my post:

"Saw this on Sunday and I was fully entertained! It's a long movie though and I had to have a bathroom break halfway through. I was sure to run both ways so I didn't miss too much of the movie.
SPOILER ALERT: The relationship trouble of the main characters was integral to the plot but definitely cheesy-rific. Also, there will definitely be a third movie. Towards the end of the movie there's an indication of a new assignment for Ben Gates & crew.
BTW: Nick Cage's new veneers give him a weird lispy-like accent."

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan Kelley I liked this movie a lot. We had been waiting for what seemed like ages for it to come out. It's just a fun little adventure, it makes you forget about real life for a while.

message 6: by Bree (new)

Bree I really liked this movie a lot, but the highlight for me was the Goofy short in the beginning of the movie. "How to set up a Home Theater". It had me in stitches, with tears running down my face, from laughing so hard. It was great!

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 13 comments I never saw the first one, so I was hesistant about seeing this one first. I'm so glad I did, because I really enjoyed it. I can't wait for the next one!

message 8: by ScottK (new)

ScottK I loved this movie too , I was kinda leary about seeing it . I loved National Treasure and thought the chance for a botched job on #2 was way too high. I am glad I was wrong, I am also glad that the sidekick guy (can't think of his name right now) got a bit more play in this one he is hilarious!

message 9: by Angie (new)

Angie I loved this movie. Infact, my mom is from South Dakota and her old high school from Hill City, SD was supposed to have their prom at Mount Rushmore the same weekend the film was filming at that location. So disney paid to have the prom moved and gave our prizes and stuff. Though we no longer live in SD it was fun to see that small town of Hill City make the news.

source:
http://pop.com/movies/3715360/news?it...

message 10: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 13 comments The sidekick's name was Riley.

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Ladd (AshleyLadd) | 13 comments It was merely okay. It was a fun enough watch for one night in the theater, however, it's not one I'd like to see over and over like the first. I didn't like Abigail's character nearly as well in the sequel.