When the Club Music Ends discussion

New Member Introductions > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charmless, Dreamwalker (new)

Charmless (mysocalledreads) | 23 comments Mod
Hello fellow Angelenos,

Welcome to the our discussion group! Please introduce yourselves in this section and feel free to let us know of your experience as a reader of GLBT books.

Thanks for becoming a member and may you enjoy it here! :-)

message 2: by Luis (new)

Luis | 1 comments hi i am 22 years old looking for good gay novel recommendations

message 3: by Charmless, Dreamwalker (last edited Apr 28, 2009 06:51PM) (new)

Luis wrote: "hi i am 22 years old looking for good gay novel recommendations "

Hi Luis,

Welcome!

Please check out the reading list section of our group for the recommended books:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Feel free to post any recommendations yourself.

Thanks for joining the group.

message 4: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (andrewcrusse) | 6 comments I only read two types of books regularly - horror and GLBT. I am especially fond of Mark roeder's series.

message 5: by Charmless, Dreamwalker (new)

Andrew wrote: "I only read two types of books regularly - horror and GLBT. I am especially fond of Mark roeder's series."

Thanks for joining the group, Andrew. Welcome! :-)

message 6: by Sean (new)

Sean Ursani Hey guys, thought this was a great way to motivate myself to keep reading. I love catching up on my classics, but I haven't had a chance to read too much gay literature and would really love to!

Also, just a thought, I recently moved to weho. Is anyone part of a book club? or perhaps anyone interesting in starting one? Could be a great way to keep up with the reading and socialize! Let me know!

message 7: by Charmless, Dreamwalker (new)

Hi Sean,

Thanks for joining the group. Welcome!

Hopefully, we'd be able to round up enough people to hold actual book club meetings in the future. Please invite anyone who's interested in joining us.

If you've recently moved to WeHo, you should also check out the upcoming Outfest film festival which starts on July 9. You'll meet a lot of gay and lesbian folks who are local to LA during that two-week event---GLBT peeps who are also interested in literature, film and art. (Volunteering at the event seems to be the best way to soak in everything about the festival. Just check out outfest.org for more info.)

Please do keep us up-to-date if you find a local gay book club that is currently active in terms of having regular meetings.

Enjoy!:-)

message 8: by Jaysenmarshall (new)

Jaysenmarshall | 1 comments Hello All!

I am a writer who is always looking for feedback on my work. I am working on a series that takes place in modern Long Beach. The first book is primarily a mystery and a coming of age story.

I am currently working on the second book in the series and would love to hear your impressions of the first book before I get too far with the second book.

The book is available at www.jaysenmarshall.com and can be downloaded in .pdf format.

On another note, I am currently reading, "When you are Engulfed In Flames," by David Sedaris. Very great reading, especially if you like vignettes.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting more of you on this site!

message 9: by Charmless, Dreamwalker (new)

Hi Jaysen,

Thanks for joining and welcome to the group!

'Looking forward to reading your books. Thanks for sharing and best wishes. :-)

message 10: by Steven (new)

Steven (goodreadscomstevenkerry) Hi, I am the token uncle on the site and as such I demand...nothing. I just want to say hi and please give me a few referrals to really great LGBT books if you are of a mind to. I am also an author, and if u want to check out the book ( it's a BIG baby) it's on Amazon and Barnes and Noble and is called My Strange Little Oasis. Its a trilogy. The contents are full of humor and heart StEvE

message 11: by Steven (last edited Oct 22, 2011 12:40AM) (new)

Steven (goodreadscomstevenkerry) well I must share with some of u that I chanced upon a movie this past weekend called "Weekend: and it is a BBC production I guess, but very real and wonderful. This was like a slice of real life instead of the crap we get on television and film inwhich every gay man must be something irradiating steretypical "gay." Could we just be people for a change? I'm sick of television's display, ewwww

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, I'm Danny. I love books written by gay men.

message 13: by Jarrod (new)

Jarrod Chambers | 1 comments It doesn't look like this group is active anymore. :/