Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Archives > Harper's Island

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8264 comments Is anyone planning on watching this miniseries that starts this week? Despite the copycat plot from And Then There Were None, it looks pretty creepy. In fact so creepy that I probably will not watch it... I skeer eazy....

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14990 comments Carol:
LOL, right. That's why you read Mystery Thrillers! I don't think I will watch it, but due to lack of time. It looks rather creepy and good!
Carol wrote: I skeer eazy....

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori Van Buskirk | 73 comments I think I'm going to record it and bring it to work one night. Or see if it's online and watch it.

message 4: by kate/Edukate12 (new)

kate/Edukate12 | 34 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Is anyone planning on watching this miniseries that starts this week? Despite the copycat plot from And Then There Were None, it looks pretty creepy. In fact so creepy that I probably will not wa..."

My guess is that I'm not going to watch it. Seeing as the first few times they showed the promos I had to turn away, I figure that's a bad sign. I don't mind reading things that scare me, but I'm less willing to watch.

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann (theoann) | 50 comments I haven't decided yet. I heard somewhere that it wasn't very good. Thursday nights I am at work. I was watching Eleventh Hour or ER, but both of those are off. So I need a new show, lol. The staff TV doesn't have a remote, so I hate channel flipping...
If I'm too lazy to turn the channel after CSI, I may end up watching Harper's Island. I'll probably doze off anyway.

message 6: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3794 comments not sure i'll watch- it looks way too creepy and i read that it really wasn't very good..

message 7: by annodluvsbks (new)

annodluvsbks | 101 comments I was planning on watching it, but since the reviews aren't all that good, guess I'll pass. I'd rather read anyway. :)

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Ann/TheoAnn wrote: "I haven't decided yet. I heard somewhere that it wasn't very good. Thursday nights I am at work. I was watching Eleventh Hour or ER, but both of those are off. So I need a new show, lol. The sta..."

I've been watching Flashpoint and I like it.

Sally/Aymster54 | 49 comments TheoAnn -- I'm enjoying Flashpoint too, although the formula is getting old.

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments I've only watched a couple of episodes, so,I'm not bored with it yet.

message 11: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3644 comments I won't be watching Harper's Island, but I am stoked to watch the new season of Rescue Me, which starts tomorrow! Has been too long without Denis Leary and the rest of the firehouse boys!

message 12: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3794 comments oh i LOVE rescue me. i have the DVR all set to record it. i missed the last episode last season. for some reason my dvr didn't record it . i have been watching and waiting for it to be rerun but so far it hasn't.

message 13: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8264 comments Melodie wrote: "...I am stoked to watch the new season of Rescue Me, which starts tomorrow! Has been too long without Denis Leary and the rest of the firehouse boys!
"

Me too, thanks for the reminder.

message 14: by Claudia (CJ) (new)

Claudia (CJ) | 133 comments Harpers Island: I will give it a try. I hope I can find it online? I don't like creepy books so I may be in for a disappointment? We will see.

I really like Castle! I can't even tell you why but I look forward to it.......and I watch it online : )