Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > recommend writing

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 1262 comments I'd like a way to recommend someone's writing to my friends to read. I see this option on books, but not for writings.

message 2: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 11 comments I second this idea. Sometimes the people on this site are so much more articulate than I am, and it would be great to point a friend to a review or a piece of writing instead of lamely trying to explain why a book is good. "It's, like, totally awesome." Not quite motivating.

message 3: by Kyle (new)

Kyle (kylewilk) | 3 comments ditto. like it.

message 4: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 1262 comments Colleen, that's a good idea too, to have the option on reviews, I actually hadn't thought of that. I read a poem on a friend's page I wished I could recommend to another friend, I thought they'd like it too. But I like the idea for reviews too! I agree, often others are much better at expressing things in their reviews than I am.

message 5: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Great idea! One thing you can do now is vote for the story - which will add an item to your update feed (if you are opted into that) that your friends will see on their homepages if they login.

message 6: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 1262 comments I did vote for it Otis, and that's good. But by the time my sister logs on that will probably be long gone from my daily updates :)