Questioning Society discussion

Making It Better > Animal Rights.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bree, you make me smile (new)

Bree (breej6434) | 835 comments Mod
What are some more rights we need to give or take from animals?

message 2: by Bree, you make me smile (new)

message 4: by Bells 04/01/2009 05:50PM

http://www.petitiononline.com/anrights/p...

sign for animal rights petition please.

reply | delete | flag *

message 5: by ♥ Bella♥ {Hold Me: I’m a Fermata}, the one who questions everything. 2 minutes ago

i would sign it, but I think it does help animals in a way to dissect the bodies of some to learn about them so we can help them more. I mean we also dissect humans, but we don't kill them to do it, so maybe if you clarified that part to just dissecting those that die in the wild or are donated to science so we can still learn more about them.

message 3: by Bree, you make me smile (new)

((copied and pasted from the Make Your Self Heard topic))

message 4: by Diggilytough (new)

Diggilytough Weren't we all at the same level as them once?

message 5: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (mirandabamboopanda) | 22 comments I couldn't see it when I went to the link. :(

message 6: by Anony-miss (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss | 37 comments Dissection helps us to understand the animal. It isn't all gorey blood, guts, and horror movie. I enjoy experiments a lot -- baby squid, for example. Really cool when you make the right incisions, and you can find the secreted ink AND the lense of the eye. Mind you, that was my first dissection.

I also dissected a cow heart and lungs. Those lovely bovines were alive two mornings before the dissection. The rest of the cow that people eat - fat, muscle, tissue - was going to a butcher, might as well give the leftover parts to the advanced biology class.

The parts of the cow are very similar to the human. Female humans do not have four nipples protruding from her belly. But we -- cows and humans -- both have very similar anatomy. Four-chamber heart, for instance.

So, dissecting worms (another early experiment) is bad? They're living, too.