Mormon Kids discussion

Church > Conference

Comments Showing 1-50 of 116 (116 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

So did everyone survive conference? Who was your favorite speaker?

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan | 16 comments I don't know who my favorite speaker was....I liked all of them!

message 3: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay They were fabulous, although I really like Dallin H. Oaks's talk.

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) I KNO!!!!! I RLLY LYK THE GUY THAT SOUNDS A LITTLE LYK ARNOLD SWARTZINAGER!!!! ha ha, he's AWESOME!!!!

♫♪ Olivia ♪♫ | 271 comments I liked David bednars talk, and Robert d hales I think his name is. I liked his a lot.

message 6: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) I didn't really like Barbara Thompson's talk. It was okay, but it wasn't the best. I really liked Dallin H. Oak's talk, and L. Tom Perry's talk.
I stayed home to watch conference. My dad popped popcorn because he was really hungry, and my baby sister dumped it all over me!

♫♪ Olivia ♪♫ | 271 comments I also liked henry b eyrings talk, and dieter f uchdorfs talk.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked L. Tom Perrys.

message 9: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy I loved them all!!! my favorite talk- i don't know who did it because we don't have TV- is the one that expressed that we are never alone because God is always with us. its a nice thought when times get dark and dreary.

message 10: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) MAX RIDE ROCKS!!! wrote: "I loved them all!!! my favorite talk- i don't know who did it because we don't have TV- is the one that expressed that we are never alone because God is always with us. its a nice thought when time..."

Yeah! That one was really good. I liked the one about LDS being unique!

message 11: by Lizzy (new)

Lizzy i know!! i love conferance. oh, and then when President Monson spoke and they sang 'we thank thee oh God for a prophet' i was litterially crying because i felt the spirit so strongly.

message 12: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Yeah. I was crying when that elder spoke about the woman that lost her husband and all of her children. And then she had the faith to want to stay alive, and to be able to still be part of the church.

message 13: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay That story was so sad!!!!!

message 14: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Lindsay wrote: "That story was so sad!!!!!"

I know! I was trying not to cry, but I did.

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Wallace (sibes11sbcglobalnet) My favorite was David A. Bednar. His talk was so amazing.

message 16: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Was he the one that gave the talk about temple service?

message 17: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) im watching death note!!!^_^
do NOT watch it!!!

message 18: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Okay, I have been warned. Why don't you want us to watch it? Because of the language? Actions? What?

message 19: by Haley (new)

Haley (goodreadscomhaley) OH, i know why you dont want us too watch it! My brother used to read that anima stuff all the time and wouldn't ever let me read it. There, (Clears throat in background) questionable.

message 20: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay DEATH NOTE IS THE SHIZ, FOO!! Uh... You can watch Death Note, it's just fine!! My brother who served a mission and is one of the most spiritual people I know watched Death Note and loved it. It's NOT bad, okay? They say some bad words, and it's dark, and Light looks at some bad magazines of skank girls so he can cover up, but that's only ten seconds in one episode.

message 21: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay And L is insane!! I love that guy!! I don't have any complaints with Death Note!!! Shows that you shouldn't watch if you're tender to naughty things is Bleach because Kon is... uh... an idiot, and Ouran High School Host Club because the twins talk about inappropriate things sometimes.

♫♪ Olivia ♪♫ | 271 comments i kinda thought we were talking about conference..

perhaps i was mistaken.

message 23: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) Olivia wrote: "i kinda thought we were talking about conference..

perhaps i was mistaken."

Anuhea wrote: "Okay, I have been warned. Why don't you want us to watch it? Because of the language? Actions? What?"
1.its VERY creepy!!!!
2.Light is an INSANE MANIAC WHO LIKES 2 KILL PEOPLE.

and, yes, u WERE mistaken.....as soon as i put 'i lyk Death Note. Don't watch it!!!!'

message 24: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Yeah, but, but...! It's a psychological thriller!! It's dark, very dark... and Light has a notebook that if he writes their name inside they die, but... It's way cooler than it sounds!! BTW, my friend's parents both watched it and loved it, and they're good parents. Both good mormon folk.

message 25: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Besides, I don't think it's really bad, it's just kinda dark and scary. Light wants to recreate the world where good people can live good, wholesome lives. In order to do that, he uses his Death Note to kill people who commit crimes. Of course this is noticed by the police (that all these people are dying) and Light isn't leaving any evidence because he's just sitting in his room writing down people's names. (They all die by heart attacks unless specified) Therefore, L, the world's greatest detective, decides to start investigating the case and stop the serial killer, Light, once and for all!!

message 26: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Pretty intense stuff. :P

message 27: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) Lindsay wrote: "Pretty intense stuff. :P"

Lindsay wrote: "Besides, I don't think it's really bad, it's just kinda dark and scary. Light wants to recreate the world where good people can live good, wholesome lives. In order to do that, he uses his Death No..."

Lindsay wrote: "Yeah, but, but...! It's a psychological thriller!! It's dark, very dark... and Light has a notebook that if he writes their name inside they die, but... It's way cooler than it sounds!! BTW, my fri..."
intense....so good...and creepy!!!!!

message 28: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Lindsay wrote: "Pretty intense stuff. :P"

FMA and FRUITS BASKET GEEK!!! wrote: "Olivia wrote: "i kinda thought we were talking about conference..

perhaps i was mistaken."

Anuhea wrote: "Okay, I have been warned. Why don't you want us to watch it? Because of the language? Act..."

Y'all are getting me so confused. Can you give me a rating of the movie? 5 stars? I can handle bad words. Is that why someone said not to watch it? I can be the most confused person in the world. Well, maybe just my own little confused world.

message 29: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) no, not language. its very.... DARK. watch avatar instead!!!!!!

message 30: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) okay. I can't really handle dark movies. I'm a scaredy-cat. but, i guess i'd rather watch something scary than watch Barbie and The Diamond Castle. I had to watch it with a friend. I snuck away though. Only watched the last 5 minutes.

message 31: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) nice.

message 32: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Haha, yeah, Death Note is actually an anime TV show... but it's really good! I give it five stars. It has bad words sometimes, and the first episode is really creepy and dark, moreso than the rest of the show. When L comes in, he lightens up the mood a lot with his humor.

message 33: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Okay. Thanks! I see some of us like anime.

message 34: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Yeah... well not anime as a whole, but certain animes. Some anime can be really bad, but some are really good too!

message 35: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANIME RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=D

♫♪ Olivia ♪♫ | 271 comments I'd much rather watch barbie than a scary movie..

message 37: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay I don't know which I'd rather do... Actually, I'd rather watch Barbie, too! (I already have to with my little sister all the time!! :O)

message 38: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) i watch my little bro...

message 39: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Except that Barbie always has little girls dancing in the end. What's with that?

♫♪ Olivia ♪♫ | 271 comments Well actually the barbie movies are pretty entertaining, but mostly by kinda making fun of it lol..

message 41: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Yeah. I do that to a lot of movies. Not that I hate Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and those movies, but I make fun of them when I watch them.

message 42: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay I hate Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White, but I like Beauty and the Beast! I like a lot of Disney movies, like Lion King and Aladdin.

message 43: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) Yeah, I made fun of the part in Sleeping Beauty when the prince meets Aurora. I said that they could've ended the movie right there to have a happy ending. I LOVE THOSE THREE MOVIES YOU SAID YOU LIKE!!!!

message 44: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay YAY!!! They're awesome, huh? Disney animated movies are just plain better than the cool intense live action ones.

message 45: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) I know. I love the movies with all the songs. They're fun to sing with. lolz...

message 46: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) Anuhea wrote: "Except that Barbie always has little girls dancing in the end. What's with that?"

idk....
my little bro said he's going 2 marry snow white in the temple!!!! ROFL!!!

message 47: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) haha. unfortunately, there are no princesses that aren't taken already.

message 48: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) yeah...poor little bro!!! lol

message 49: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (anuhearamsey) about how old is he?

message 50: by xXRossiya AruXx (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) 3

« previous 1 3