Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > What to do at a girl slumber party?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry Dale (new)

Sherry Dale Rogers (sherrydrogers) | 32 comments Ok this weekend my daughter is turning 9 and I am throwing her a slumber party. Please if anyone has suggestions as what party fun stuff to do, let me know. This will be her first slumber party with prolly ten girls. "I'm in for a long night."

message 2: by Holli (new)

Holli That's alot of girls :) We always had fun just watching movies and eating junk and talking about boys. I can't really think of games we played except the usual stuff like Truth or Dare and Mash and stuff like that.

I don't have kids so I'm just trying to think back....lots and lots of years... LOL

message 3: by Sherry Dale (new)

Sherry Dale Rogers (sherrydrogers) | 32 comments Holli wrote: "That's alot of girls :) We always had fun just watching movies and eating junk and talking about boys. I can't really think of games we played except the usual stuff like Truth or Dare and Mash ..."

Thanks, I have High School Musical 3 planned and some Camp Rock game and of Course Truth or Dare. We will see.

message 4: by Sherry Dale (new)

Sherry Dale Rogers (sherrydrogers) | 32 comments Cool, I was already thinking about making their own sweet pizza with like chocolate icing, but then again that would be a lot of sugar. They want the second movie to be Twilight but they have all seen it a thousand times. I will check out the website, thanks.

message 5: by Cecilia (new)

Cecilia (cissygold) I don't know if you have Comcast or not, but they have a karoke channel. That is always fun.

message 6: by Holli (new)

Holli Great ideas all of you!! I love some of these and wish I had done them when I was young. I do remember my parents giving us a lights out time....

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 5 comments We did a spa party for my daughters birthday party. We all did facials and painted nails and made bath salts. I have 3 daughters and tons of ideas so let me know if you need any more. Good luck.

message 8: by Sherry Dale (new)

Sherry Dale Rogers (sherrydrogers) | 32 comments Thanks girls, love the idea's and lights will be demanded. I will be tired after this party. "Girls just wanna have fun."

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate | 106 comments I think having a dance party or getting the girls to make up routines and then judging them for a prize might be fun (we used to do that).

You also have to tell ghost stories (not too scary - but something that the girls can giggle at)!

I also think it might be fun to introduce them to older movies you loved as a kid that they might get into. The one that comes to mind is "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" with Sarah Jessica Parker and Helen Hunt. SJP plays a girl who wins a contest to be a finalist for a spot on a dance show. She falls in love with her partner. It's funny and cute.

Can you tell I liked to dance as a kid?