Dear Cassie (Pretty Amy, #2) Dear Cassie discussion

Dear Cassie Read Along

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lisa Burstein Hi Everyone, Here is the discussion section for the Dear Cassie read along :).

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fournier Yay!! Super excited!!

John Clark Great book. I added it to our YA library holdings right after I finished reading it. In fact, I did the first bibliographic record for it so other libraries could buy and add it easily. I'm going to go back and re-read the first section as soon as the current borrower returns it so I can comment on the best parts of the early chapters.

message 4: by Jenny (new) - added it

Jenny I'm so excited to join this! I loved Pretty Amy and The Next Forever, and can't wait to read Cassie's story!

message 5: by Shannon (new) - added it

Shannon I can't wait!! Starting it on my kindle!!

Sarah I will join in - i need to read this one ☺

Andrea I'm really excited to see the discussions!

message 8: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fournier Yay!! The Dear Cassie Read-Along has started!! I am really looking forward to the discussions too!! Don't forget to tweet fun stuff, favorite lines, and other Cassie related thigs using the #CassieReadAlong hashtag!!

Marcy Super excited - this is my very first read along! :)

message 10: by Diana (new)

Diana Oh this is so cool!

message 11: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Burstein Hey read-alongers- anyone have anything they want to share about this weeks chapters? Cassie is fucking anxious! :)

message 12: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fournier I know! I'm waiting for people to put there thoughts. I will come up with a few questions to post to try and get some discussion going. :)

Sarah How many chapters are we reading this week?

message 14: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fournier Okay guys!! This week was chapters 1-7 so I have come up with a few questions from those chapters to spark some discussion.

1. What are your thoughts on Nez and Troyer?

2. What do you think of Ben? Any thoughts on why he is there?

3. There's a scene at the end of chapter 7 between Rawe and Cassie. It made me ache for Cassie that she really doesn't think she's a good person. How did that scene make you feel? What did you think about their little chat?

So that's all I have for you. Please feel free to come up with your own questions or just leave your thoughts. This is supposed to be a fun way to discuss the book as we all read together!! Don't forget to tweet using the #CassieReadAlong hashtag also!!

Andrea Amy wrote: "Okay guys!! This week was chapters 1-7 so I have come up with a few questions from those chapters to spark some discussion.

2. What do you think of B..."

Those are great questions, Amy. The group dynamic was so tense, and so interesting.

Ben is a mysterious guy. I can't wait to see what the readers think of him!

message 16: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fournier Andrea wrote: "Amy wrote: "Okay guys!! This week was chapters 1-7 so I have come up with a few questions from those chapters to spark some discussion.

2. What do yo..."

I can't wait to see what everyone thinks of Ben either. I was so intrigued by him and I loved that he was the only one who we didn't really know why was there until almost the end!

message 17: by Shannon (new) - added it

Shannon 1. What are your thoughts on Nez and Troyer? I feel sorry for them both they both seemed very troubled in very different ways.

2. What do you think of Ben? Any thoughts on why he is there? I think deep down he is a good guy. Not sure why he is there but with all teenagers I think it is probably attention seeking.

3. There's a scene at the end of chapter 7 between Rawe and Cassie. It made me ache for Cassie that she really doesn't think she's a good person. How did that scene make you feel? What did you think about their little chat?
I think Rawe is not doing all she can for these girls. She seems like she is doing the bare minimum and trying to keep up with the image the boys leader is trying for cool and aloof. I can see whey Cassie feels the way she does it is difficult enough being a teenager and then having an alcoholic parent makes it that much more difficult.
Really enjoying this book!!!

message 18: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fournier Shannon wrote: "1. What are your thoughts on Nez and Troyer? I feel sorry for them both they both seemed very troubled in very different ways.

2. What do you think of Ben? Any thoughts on why he is there? I think..."

Great answers Shannon! I am so glad that you are enjoying the book. This is my second read through and I am loving it just as much as the first time.

message 19: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fournier I have some more questions for you!!

1. Cassie gets a letter from Amy that I thought was pretty great. I was a bit disappointed about how Cassie acted after finishing it. What do you think about it?

2. We now have been officially informed of what Cassie's deal with boys is. How do you feel about the way it came out? I wanted to jump into the book and hug her and tell her everything would be okay somehow.

4. Oh Ben!! As we get more and more of him I totally adore him. I know I already asked what you thought of Ben, but have your feelings changed? Any new ideas of why you think he's there?

Can't wait to hear your thoughts guys!!

message 20: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Fournier *pokes goodreads* anyone have anything to discuss? I know I am really enjoying doing a re-read, I would love to hear the thoughts of first time readers on this. :)